mom jumps 10 floors with baby

mom jumps 10 floors with baby

Posted in the Columbia Forum

jum bob

#1 Mar 14, 2013
A Manhattan lawyer strapped her 10-month-old son to her chest and leaped to her death from an eighth-story window in Harlem on Wednesday — and the baby miraculously survived with little more than scratches, police sources said.

Cynthia Wachenheim, 44, who left a suicide note castigating herself for being a bad mother, landed on her back after taking the fatal plunge. Baby Keston was in a harness. He bounced off his mom on impact and then rolled away from her motionless arms.

“I heard a small scream when she was in the air,” said witness Steven Dominguez, 18.“I noticed something falling, but I didn’t want to believe it was a person.”

Dominguez, who teared up as he spoke, said the landing made a horrifying sound.

“It was a loud bang,” he said outside the woman’s building on Bradhurst Ave. near W. 147th St.“It sounded like a big piece of wood hitting the floor.”

“When I got closer, I saw the baby crying,” he said.

Read more:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 58 min CriminalForever 155,064
i need a room 1 hr freeloader 11
Man seeking man Tue reddy to find 14
sorry dad Tue She Is Hot 6
Countyfun41691 on POF- Kenny Wheeler Tue Goodluckwiththatone 1
Tracy Hancock Lewis Mon Sick of it 1
Tyler yarberry aka bootsy Sun Good ol boys 1

Columbia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbia Mortgages