Kids wearing pajamas to school

Posted in the Columbia Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
curious

Elizabethtown, KY

#1 Mar 8, 2012
Is there no dress code in Adair County schools?? Why are children allowed to wear pajamas to school? It really shows what a lazy society we have become. Do the kids just sleep in them, roll out of bed and jump on the bus? I think it's sad that the parents are too lazy to actually dress their children or see to it that they can dress themselves. I know I will get jumped for this one. But go ahead and jump.
Why

Campbellsville, KY

#2 Mar 8, 2012
Why should the kids wear something else when their parents wear pajamas to Wal-Mart and other places in town. The kids are just doing what the parents are doing. The X Generation are slobs and so is the next generation. No pride in what they do or how they look.
Pajamas

Leitchfield, KY

#3 Mar 8, 2012
I use to wear pajamas to school. My mom hated it but i did it anyway. I wore them because they were comfortable and if i had to sit all day being lectured to, at least I could be comfortable. It is better then wearing revealing clothing, being covered in piercings, and going to school high on drugs. Pajamas really should be the least of parents worries. I remember students getting high in the bathroom, coming to school drunk, and having sex in different areas of the school. As a person you are entitled to your own opinion, but really some opinions should be kept to yourself.
curious

Elizabethtown, KY

#4 Mar 8, 2012
Pajamas wrote:
I use to wear pajamas to school. My mom hated it but i did it anyway. I wore them because they were comfortable and if i had to sit all day being lectured to, at least I could be comfortable. It is better then wearing revealing clothing, being covered in piercings, and going to school high on drugs. Pajamas really should be the least of parents worries. I remember students getting high in the bathroom, coming to school drunk, and having sex in different areas of the school. As a person you are entitled to your own opinion, but really some opinions should be kept to yourself.
I'll speak my opinion when I like. Thanks!
Jeans are comfortable. I managed to make it through school without wearing pajamas. None of the kids I went to school with wore them either. It wouldn't have been allowed. It is a matter of pride to get up and get dressed before you leave the house. The first thing people think when they see someone out in public with pajamas on, they are lazy! Plus, who said you had to be comfortable??? Are you going to be wearing pajamas to work? Oh wait... most of this generation doesn't believe in working.
Problem

Columbia, KY

#5 Mar 8, 2012
That is what is wrong with people now they are too worried about everyone else. I would much rather my kid go to school in pj than wearing jeans that are so tight that you can see everything they have. Personally I think school would be a better place if it went to uniforms. These high class people makes it hard on the low income people because they put this I am better than everybody because I wear a 60 pair of jeans. I am sorry but as long as the kid is clean who cares what they wear at least they are going to school. My kids don't wear pjs but they want to be comfortable when sitting in school all day. I guartee that a kid that don't have all these high dollar clothes have a bigger heart than the ones that do. I would rather have a big heart than expensive clothes.
curious

Elizabethtown, KY

#6 Mar 8, 2012
I know you can't be saying I'm high class because I shop at Goodwill. You don't really mean that people send their kids to school in pj's because they are poor, do you? So they can afford pj's and houseshoes but nothing else? Goodwill has new and like new clothes for very little, so that's no excuse. It shows the parents are too lazy to dress their kid or make them dress and it teaches a child not to have respect for themselves. Plus, it looks sloppy! If someone can't help it that's different. But this generation is mostly being brought up to do as they please and that won't get them very far in life.
very true

Columbia, KY

#7 Mar 9, 2012
i can see both sides of you guys debate but, i make $40,000 a year and am in no way lazy but every now and then i wear my pj pants out in public simply because i dont feel like putting on a bunch of clothes just to go into town to pick something up. and if its not ok with other people then i say to the people that it bothers, get a life and quit worrying about other people. oh wait, i almost forgot thats the columbia way. is to get into everyones business!!!
fashion bug

Greensburg, KY

#8 Mar 9, 2012
They have days and sometimes other things that kids can wear pj"s or whatever they like to school, I think people that let their children go to school with pants that hang so low their crack is showing or tops and skirts or shorts that when they bend over everything shows is much more disgusting than a pair of pj's, taking pride in yourself is great, but don't get to carried away.
Pajamas

Leitchfield, KY

#9 Mar 9, 2012
I work thank you. I put myself through college and continue to grow in my field of work.I am currently going back to college to get another degree. I am just saying that if this is all you have to worry about, is whether a bunch of kids are wearing pajamas to school. Then that is sad. Why not worry about the economy, the environment, medicare, incurable diseases, natural disasters, global warming, rising cost of fuel, or how about political issues. Instead you would rather pass judgment on a bunch of KIDS, whom you have no control or say over. You would rather complain about how they do not take pride in going to high school and that they appear to be lazy. You for a fact do not know whether they are lazy, just that they appear to be such because they do not pass your dressing standards. These students could very well be straight A students, whom have goals to be doctors, lawyers, accountants, or teachers. Just because you dress well, does not guarantee that you are destined for great success in life.
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll speak my opinion when I like. Thanks!
Jeans are comfortable. I managed to make it through school without wearing pajamas. None of the kids I went to school with wore them either. It wouldn't have been allowed. It is a matter of pride to get up and get dressed before you leave the house. The first thing people think when they see someone out in public with pajamas on, they are lazy! Plus, who said you had to be comfortable??? Are you going to be wearing pajamas to work? Oh wait... most of this generation doesn't believe in working.
toejoe

Casey, IL

#10 Mar 9, 2012
8u1Soo... a tux...awedding dress...a bathing suit...McDonald's uniform...nurse uniform...graduation gown..Halloween outfit..is OK?There is a time and place for all clothes.PJ's are sleepwear.how would u like it if your. Doctor wore a diaper and carried a doll?Inappropriate and. Not acceptable u say? Well he's comfortable maybe.Think about it and try to think about it as a parent...not a teen.Its a parents duty to raise our children to be presentable and respectable.maybe they. Wear them because they are easier to get off too meaning. At school.think about it.

what crap

Casey, IL

#11 Mar 9, 2012
Are y'all really arguing about pajamas I mean please lol
bobby

Casey, IL

#12 Mar 9, 2012
They have pajama day, crazy hair day, hat day and other days like that. What's wrong with u people.
Hey

Columbia, KY

#13 Mar 9, 2012
I was wondering the same thing, does the original poster have children? Do they realize that the school has designated days for wearing pajamas? I agree that this country has become way too casual when dressing, but some children are allowed to dress themselves to encourage independence.
insane

Jamestown, KY

#14 Mar 10, 2012
low income dont count , really low income people get assistance on just about everything , meds,d b t cards , phones besides all the rest , so if anyone says"low income'i automaticaly know where thay are coming from
and no,no and no, pjs arent right for school or anywhere except bed
please

Russell Springs, KY

#15 Mar 10, 2012
insane wrote:
low income dont count , really low income people get assistance on just about everything , meds,d b t cards , phones besides all the rest , so if anyone says"low income'i automaticaly know where thay are coming from
and no,no and no, pjs arent right for school or anywhere except bed
i go every where in my pjs bet you wont say anything to my face when you see me out i have clothes but sometimes you just dont want to get dressed AND ITS LIKE THIS IF YOU DONT LIKE IT LOOK THE OTHER WAY i dont say anything about your dumb ass making a topic about pjs lol can you say retards
excitement

Greensburg, KY

#16 Mar 10, 2012
Do you people not think these little things the school allows on certain days aren't exciting for the children? before I retired we would have dinners at work or dress special at Christmas, lots received roses for Valentine day, things for Easter, and last day before vacation was lots of excitement, we loved it, the children like these days, they are children and these things bring excitement and joy to them, please act like adults and don't ruin what little excitement they have in a day, to them school is like a job is to adults, that's their job.
Hmm

Elizabethtown, KY

#17 Mar 10, 2012
Life is too short to be so serious all the time.... I'd hate to be like that.

Oh and by the way, School usually has a day where they wear their pjs to school, yesterday they had 50s day, and I believe last week they had western wear. I know this because I have a child in school. I have never let him wear his PJs to school unless it was PJ Day. I am so busy getting my kid up, getting him dressed and off to school that I don't have time to look around to see what other children are wearing, and nor would I give a flying hillbilly blue rats ass if they were wearing pjs or not, they are KIDS. It is sad that some people get so tired of judging each other that they resort to judging children. Oh and just because a child is wearing Pjs, to school doesn't mean the parents are lazy, since your so nosey how about you call up the school ask them if its PJ day and then ask them all about their school policy on it. That should keep you busy for about an hour.
friend

Elizabethtown, KY

#18 Mar 10, 2012
theyre called loungeing pants now,not pjs !!!
hilarious

Casey, IL

#19 Mar 10, 2012
friend wrote:
theyre called loungeing pants now,not pjs !!!

bahaha...that is great..:)
kay

United States

#20 Mar 10, 2012
have you seen the people in Adair county that is all they wear is pjs get over it and leave the kids alone at least they are in school

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr Trent Reznor 160,676
Charles Barnes 5 hr Jon 10
moderator 5 hr Johnny D 4
Big mouth 5 hr Huh 3
Needle exchange in Russell co. 6 hr Preacher man 1
Jodie Janes 6 hr Really 1
Fabco 7 hr Really 12
New Shopping Center 7 hr scoot 62

Columbia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbia Mortgages