westlake IS a TOP hospital !
killthem

Elizabethtown, KY

#84 Dec 29, 2012
former one wrote:
<quoted text>Let me tell you how overpaid I was. I made $7.25 an hour! I busted my butt more in one day than you probably do in a month's time. I cared about what I did, even though it would have been beneath someone like you to do it. What did I get for all my hard work? I got screwed in the end and people kept that ride the time clock, don't give a rat's rear whether they do the right thing or not, spend their whole day on their cell phone dealing with personal family drama, leave work whenever the mood strikes with no thought to their co-workers, stealing supplies, going shopping, dr appointments and visiting family while being clocked in. I may not have much "book learnin" but I've clearly got more common sense than you.
You just agreed with me dummy. Thanks for proving my point
former one

Vilonia, AR

#85 Dec 29, 2012
killthem wrote:
<quoted text>
You just agreed with me dummy. Thanks for proving my point
Yes, you sound like a nice professional healthcare worker. I hope and pray you never take care of me. I'm sorry but professional, educated people don't speak to or about others that way.
killthem

United States

#86 Dec 29, 2012
former one wrote:
<quoted text>Let me tell you how overpaid I was. I made $7.25 an hour! I busted my butt more in one day than you probably do in a month's time. I cared about what I did, even though it would have been beneath someone like you to do it. What did I get for all my hard work? I got screwed in the end and people kept that ride the time clock, don't give a rat's rear whether they do the right thing or not, spend their whole day on their cell phone dealing with personal family drama, leave work whenever the mood strikes with no thought to their co-workers, stealing supplies, going shopping, dr appointments and visiting family while being clocked in. I may not have much "book learnin" but I've clearly got more common sense than you.
Thank you for so politely describing exactly what I was talking about. It's so nice you obviously agree with me so much. As I said before, this place is going down for many reasons and I can no longer personally justify twenty million dollars in debt every two years to keep you employed their. Especially since according you, your one of the only honest employees there. Thank you for you time, I wish you well at your new job :)
killthem

United States

#87 Dec 29, 2012
I meant there its a typo. I assume you would jump all over that.
former one

Vilonia, AR

#88 Dec 29, 2012
killthem wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for so politely describing exactly what I was talking about. It's so nice you obviously agree with me so much. As I said before, this place is going down for many reasons and I can no longer personally justify twenty million dollars in debt every two years to keep you employed their. Especially since according you, your one of the only honest employees there. Thank you for you time, I wish you well at your new job :)
Did I say I was the only honest person there? There were and are many honest and hardworking people there. There's always a few bad apples in any place of employment. Sad but true.
yes man

AOL

#89 Dec 29, 2012
free meals ,...
or cases of free food ,..
just another perk ,...

along with cases of medical supplies and even drugs ,...

some people manage to get full salaries with out needing ever to show up for work ,...
yes it is true --a real decent ,...' perk '
that is only assessable to the people who know somebody at the top
long shot

United States

#90 Dec 29, 2012
I knew when they started doing all the meetings in private, hidden from the people of this county that they were beholden too, that it was gonna be bad. They broke open meeting laws and hid the truth. Why? Cause they were in charge. They were not appointed board members who kept the community informed and help guide the hospital with the voice of the people. They closed the doors, and shades, broke laws, and treated it as their own private kingdom. They hired their family and friends at way way way over what anyone, especially qualified people should be payed. They protected them, they could do no wrong, let alone get fired. And those were the only people to actually get raises on top of it. They have bankrupted Adair county, it's just not in the paper yet. And what do they do to fix it? Those that destroyed it, replaced by the same person who appointed them, and ran them, new guys, who close the doors, and shades. Lie about the finances of a county institution, to that county. And are beholden to no tax payer. Same of the same. We owed 22 million 7 months ago. They have reported a greater than 300 thousand dollar loss for all 7 months. How much do we owe now? 22 million. Right. That's the type of math that got us here. Now they want to break open meeting laws again by going on a retreat. A board retreat. That they announce at the same time as 20 layoffs. Then it's off to secret meeting time again. Heaven forbid the public get a look at what they are really doing with the debt that will bankrupt us. People might know we are in trouble. Crooks and liars. You are required to hold all meetings public, why? To prevent this. Keep on keeping secrets board, we know at this point you have a whole lot to hide.(It wasn't us it was the last guys), I mean the guys before that. Spectrum? No the guys before that! Oh well guess in two years how could you not have increased out debt five fold. Good job brownie!
worker

Glasgow, KY

#91 Dec 30, 2012
killthem wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that is not true... I am a healthcare worker. I work at a real hospital. Yes many people for what they do and their "book learnin" what little they have are overpaid. Well 20 of them won't be soon...
You are not a healthcare worker. You are far from that. You are an ignorant person who doesn't have a clue. BTW all the board meetings are open to the public you Moroni. Like I said go hold your stupid sign up in front of walmart. I'm sure wherever you work you are a real winner and a joy to work with. Techs make 7.50. Nurses make less than nurses anywhere.We are all there to take care of people because we love what we do. Why don't you talk a out something you know something about.
just saying

Columbia, KY

#92 Dec 30, 2012
yes westlake is TOP! It stands for "too obviously pathetic" ! just saying!
lol

Elizabethtown, KY

#93 Dec 30, 2012
worker wrote:
<quoted text>You are not a healthcare worker. You are far from that. You are an ignorant person who doesn't have a clue. BTW all the board meetings are open to the public you Moroni. Like I said go hold your stupid sign up in front of walmart. I'm sure wherever you work you are a real winner and a joy to work with. Techs make 7.50. Nurses make less than nurses anywhere.We are all there to take care of people because we love what we do. Why don't you talk a out something you know something about.
Sorry your so ignorant I had to get in on this to! As far as ugly stupid comments that I would hate to have a care worker make. Yours are way worse. All the board meetings lasted about 20 minutes then spent four hours in executive session, which the state AG declared illegal. Not in general, for them specifically. Then they just kept doing it, but provided a boiler plate reason. Which we all know, except for you is BS. I don't know what techs are but if they have spent at least two years getting their certificate, they should be paid more. I'm not sure what you mean by nurses make less than nurses. That seems rough, and very confusing for payroll. If you love it so much, why have you been bad mouthing your fellow employees? And why do you think we should foot the million dollar bill to keep such an obviously crude non Christian such as yourself employed in a position which obviously does not suit you. I would hate to think that a family member would be subjected to you, especially if they needed some help from someone who knew what they were doing. You are a shining representation of Westlake, and why no one wants to go there.
thoughts

Greenbrier, AR

#94 Dec 30, 2012
They should close the whole place, take bankruptcy, let someone else buy it and start from scratch. Bring in people to manage every department that has no ties to this town and run it like it should be done. Not tolerate free services or stealing because someone knows somebody. I understand perks and all that but it shouldn't apply to everyone you know and are kin to.
worker

Glasgow, KY

#95 Dec 30, 2012
just saying wrote:
yes westlake is TOP! It stands for "too obviously pathetic" ! just saying!
I have nothing bad to say about our hospital. My point is we do make less than employees at other hospitals but stick with it because we love what we do. Sure I would like to make more who wouldn't. That is not in the cards now. Craig and the other board members do care about this community and are trying to save this hospital. I apologize to you whomever you are. I wasn't acting very Christian like. I love helping others. It is my calling in life. Many others feel the same about their work. I felt very I insulted when you implied no one knows what they are doing at westlake. I reacted in a anger. If I ever take care of one of your family members God knows I would treat them with dignity and respect and provide them with the best care possible. Forgive me for my words..May God bless you and our county.
THE TRUTH

Russellville, KY

#96 Dec 30, 2012
I was an employee at westlake and there was no food stolen out of the cafeteria if you knew what you were talking about you would know that there is cameras around the whole building watching everything going on i dont know about anything else u all said on here but i do know that that is not true and as far as setting on our butts and walking around with papers in our hands all day is not true you didnt havr time to walk around or even have papers in your hands we didnt even get our breaks like we should have got and common sense knows there aint a boss around thats gonna let u leave and still be on the clock.
frankyA

AOL

#97 Dec 30, 2012
THE new supper top secret 'scuttlebutt ' around campus is ,........

{ AND please dont tell anybody }

that LWC is gong to soon buy westlake ,...

close it down

and by 2014

turn it into a new teaching hospital / campus
for a new assistant nursing program and an new occupational therapy program
know

Greenbrier, AR

#98 Dec 30, 2012
THE TRUTH wrote:
I was an employee at westlake and there was no food stolen out of the cafeteria if you knew what you were talking about you would know that there is cameras around the whole building watching everything going on i dont know about anything else u all said on here but i do know that that is not true and as far as setting on our butts and walking around with papers in our hands all day is not true you didnt havr time to walk around or even have papers in your hands we didnt even get our breaks like we should have got and common sense knows there aint a boss around thats gonna let u leave and still be on the clock.
I know for a fact that it went on! It wasn't everybody like someone else made it sound like but I could name a couple of people. I won't though. I also know for a fact about the time clock deal too. Again it wasn't everyone by no means. So I don't want everyone thinking that. Don't blame a whole hospital for what a few do. There are good nurses and drs and other departments that have really good people who care about what they do.
Bo Duke

Columbia, KY

#99 Dec 30, 2012
former one wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me tell you how overpaid I was. I made $7.25 an hour! I busted my butt more in one day than you probably do in a month's time. I cared about what I did, even though it would have been beneath someone like you to do it. What did I get for all my hard work? I got screwed in the end and people kept that ride the time clock, don't give a rat's rear whether they do the right thing or not, spend their whole day on their cell phone dealing with personal family drama, leave work whenever the mood strikes with no thought to their co-workers, stealing supplies, going shopping, dr appointments and visiting family while being clocked in. I may not have much "book learnin" but I've clearly got more common sense than you.
Cry me a river. No one forced you to work at the dump. You chose to.
local weed

AOL

#100 Feb 24, 2013
westlake is back on topix !
whoopy dooo

Elizabethtown, KY

#101 Feb 25, 2013
frankyA wrote:
THE new supper top secret 'scuttlebutt ' around campus is ,........
{ AND please dont tell anybody }
that LWC is gong to soon buy westlake ,...
close it down
and by 2014
turn it into a new teaching hospital / campus
for a new assistant nursing program and an new occupational therapy program
LWC likes donations, if the county gives it to them they will grab it up, or if some old rich dude leaves them a big donation, having said that, they would make better use of it probably, at least the taxpayers want continue to be put in debt for taxes on the place.
trex

Tucker, GA

#102 Feb 25, 2013
whoopy dooo wrote:
<quoted text>LWC likes donations, if the county gives it to them they will grab it up, or if some old rich dude leaves them a big donation, having said that, they would make better use of it probably, at least the taxpayers want continue to be put in debt for taxes on the place.
Your stupid.
rap

Leitchfield, KY

#103 Feb 26, 2013
the aux gave 32,000, got their pic in papers.
pay the int for 40 days. that's what I would call progress for the ole adair county.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 min Pikeville Parent 160,896
New Shopping Center 24 min scoot 65
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 49 min RDCalhoun 670
k.r.s investigations 50 min Fact 5
Tj 1 hr Typical 1
Blonde headed girl ponytail thief on Sano 2 hr Sano more 6
Needing guitar lessons 5 hr Casey J Jones 1
Charles Barnes 11 hr omg 12

Columbia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbia Mortgages