First Prev
of 2
Next Last
tamara p

Cave City, KY

#1 May 10, 2008
was wondering about this business, anyone know if their pools and service are good?
Cousin

Brownsville, KY

#2 May 10, 2008
He Is the best person we have ever found, we have been dealing with him for about 6 years. And his pools & pool supplies are cheaper than anyone else. Try It out you want be sorry.
Tinker

Russell Springs, KY

#3 May 10, 2008
he seems really nice and knowledgable of the pool business.
floater

Bolivar, MO

#4 May 11, 2008
Very helpful when pool problems arise. We only do business with Mike's Pools, and recommend that you give him a try. He also has reasonable prices!
Jimmy

Greenbrier, AR

#5 May 16, 2008
What about Robertsons?
automan

Jamestown, KY

#6 May 16, 2008
Jimmy wrote:
What about Robertsons?
they are the best,mike r is a good person.
drowning from the prices

Columbia, KY

#7 May 18, 2008
dont go to mikes hes a crook...he wants $2000 for a 27 ft pool and u can get a 24 ft pool at walmart for $700 and the chemicals at mikes for the summer are thru the roof!! like $500 for the summer!!! i bought the walmart pool and yes the pump is big enuf to keep it clean it has a great mantenance set and the walmart chemicals are dirt cheap!!i love it they have their own chem sticks to check their levels its way easy im soooo happy with all of the whole wally world package!!!
meowch

Elizabethtown, KY

#8 May 20, 2008
drowning from the prices wrote:
dont go to mikes hes a crook...he wants $2000 for a 27 ft pool and u can get a 24 ft pool at walmart for $700 and the chemicals at mikes for the summer are thru the roof!! like $500 for the summer!!! i bought the walmart pool and yes the pump is big enuf to keep it clean it has a great mantenance set and the walmart chemicals are dirt cheap!!i love it they have their own chem sticks to check their levels its way easy im soooo happy with all of the whole wally world package!!!
lol !
This must be your first pool since buying a blow up 3 ring one. By all means spend your money where you choose. But when $hit hits the fan and your w-mart pool is having trouble (ph high or low, green water, cloudy water, etc.) you make sure to go right back into wallyworld for advise, assistance, and support. They will spend however long it takes to resolve your pools problems (sarcastic wink wink)
lol!

As far as your comment about pool chemicals...I have one word of guidance "Chlorine".
drowning from the prices

Elizabethtown, KY

#9 May 20, 2008
Ur soo hilarious... and if ur dumbass would go back and read what I had originally written u would see that I used the words "Walmart Chemicals" and "Chem Sticks" to check the levels... Next time read first and then speak it will save u from sounding like the true dumbass that u are( MASSIVE SARCASM WINK WINK!!!) Get a hobby cuz u suck at bashin people!!!
meowch

Big Clifty, KY

#10 May 20, 2008
I'm glad that at this point and time that you are happy with your "w-mart pool" and "chem. package". But the fact of the matter is that at some point in your twenty years of enjoying your pool, you WILL have trouble with your water, pump, filter or something. That's what I am referring to as $hit hitting the fan. And that is when you will be without a paddle when you return to w-mart for guidance. As far as chemicals you can spend as much as you want on them. There are some very expensive non-chlorine based pool chemicals that I would never use. That is why I highly recommend chlorine.

If you researched before buying a pool then you know that the warranties vary greatly. You can rest assured that you get what you pay for in a pool. If what you were shopping for was the cheapest pool you could possibly buy it sounds like that exactly what you purchased. Congratulations on your new pool!

I sincerely hope to hear from you about your new pool in about... four years. Then I feel we could have the beginnings of a real conversation about pools, and all the effort that goes into owning one. But in the mean time, Good Luck!:}
for the record

Russell Springs, KY

#11 May 23, 2008
Jimmy wrote:
What about Robertsons?
The older lady at Robertson's is very helpful but I ordered some parts and it took forever to get them but I had an off the wall brand and size as for Mike's he will give you a lot of good advice and ideas on the chemical end of it I use the relax brand at Robertsons runs about 50.00 a month no problems
love my pool

Russell Springs, KY

#12 Aug 4, 2008
robertsons built me a pool a few years back, its great and service is top notch
learn to spell

Portland, TN

#13 Aug 4, 2008
meowch wrote:
I'm glad that at this point and time that you are happy with your "w-mart pool" and "chem. package". But the fact of the matter is that at some point in your twenty years of enjoying your pool, you WILL have trouble with your water, pump, filter or something. That's what I am referring to as $hit hitting the fan. And that is when you will be without a paddle when you return to w-mart for guidance. As far as chemicals you can spend as much as you want on them. There are some very expensive non-chlorine based pool chemicals that I would never use. That is why I highly recommend chlorine.
If you researched before buying a pool then you know that the warranties vary greatly. You can rest assured that you get what you pay for in a pool. If what you were shopping for was the cheapest pool you could possibly buy it sounds like that exactly what you purchased. Congratulations on your new pool!
I sincerely hope to hear from you about your new pool in about... four years. Then I feel we could have the beginnings of a real conversation about pools, and all the effort that goes into owning one. But in the mean time, Good Luck!:}
You sound like your mad cause you got ripped off and dont want to admit it dont be no hater cause he got one cheaper.
mikes brother tito

Lexington, KY

#14 Aug 4, 2008
i heard he won the lottry
WHAT

Lexington, KY

#17 Aug 5, 2008
I went to Patsy and she wouldnt even talk to me about a pool she said she had no one to install it what a way to run a business.
pool support

Rineyville, KY

#18 Aug 5, 2008
yep, when it's time to close your pool this fall - and then open it back up next summer simply go to walmart and their pool expert will walk you through the details so you do everything correct with your cheap pool, you know the one with the 20 year warranty.
Bug

United States

#19 Aug 5, 2008
We shopped around before purchasing ours (including Robertsons). We found Mike to have the best prices around. He is very helpful and easy to get in touch with at most any time if you have questions.
One Person

Russell Springs, KY

#20 Aug 5, 2008
years ago did business with Patsy was very satified. Lots of people said bad about her but I knew what I wanted and kept pool in good shape and she helped. Brian was a kid then hope he has learned from him and her.
Contemplating

Trinity, TX

#21 Aug 5, 2008
Does Mike own Mike's Pools?
hello

Russell Springs, KY

#22 Aug 5, 2008
Have dealt with Mike for years. He is great. Never to busy to answer a question and always available. Tried dealing with Robertsons few years back, was not happy with the outcome. I highly recommend Mike.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr ChromiuMan 168,988
I need a sub 1 hr Robert 6
Please be quiet 8 hr Try 2
LW C fire works 14 hr Mister Clean 2
Amy Durbin-Holmes 16 hr Bob 2
What is the best tree service around Columbia, ky Fri Thinking 3
Judy Smith... Fri Lucas young 2

Columbia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbia Mortgages