tamara p

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2008

was wondering about this business, anyone know if their pools and service are good?
Cousin

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2008

He Is the best person we have ever found, we have been dealing with him for about 6 years. And his pools & pool supplies are cheaper than anyone else. Try It out you want be sorry.
Tinker

Jamestown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2008

Judged:

he seems really nice and knowledgable of the pool business.
floater

Campbellsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2008

Very helpful when pool problems arise. We only do business with Mike's Pools, and recommend that you give him a try. He also has reasonable prices!
Jimmy

Campbellsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2008

What about Robertsons?
automan

Russell Springs, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2008

Judged:

Jimmy wrote:
What about Robertsons?
they are the best,mike r is a good person.
drowning from the prices

Gradyville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2008

Judged:

dont go to mikes hes a crook...he wants $2000 for a 27 ft pool and u can get a 24 ft pool at walmart for $700 and the chemicals at mikes for the summer are thru the roof!! like $500 for the summer!!! i bought the walmart pool and yes the pump is big enuf to keep it clean it has a great mantenance set and the walmart chemicals are dirt cheap!!i love it they have their own chem sticks to check their levels its way easy im soooo happy with all of the whole wally world package!!!
meowch

Campbellsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2008

drowning from the prices wrote:
dont go to mikes hes a crook...he wants $2000 for a 27 ft pool and u can get a 24 ft pool at walmart for $700 and the chemicals at mikes for the summer are thru the roof!! like $500 for the summer!!! i bought the walmart pool and yes the pump is big enuf to keep it clean it has a great mantenance set and the walmart chemicals are dirt cheap!!i love it they have their own chem sticks to check their levels its way easy im soooo happy with all of the whole wally world package!!!
lol !
This must be your first pool since buying a blow up 3 ring one. By all means spend your money where you choose. But when $hit hits the fan and your w-mart pool is having trouble (ph high or low, green water, cloudy water, etc.) you make sure to go right back into wallyworld for advise, assistance, and support. They will spend however long it takes to resolve your pools problems (sarcastic wink wink)
lol!

As far as your comment about pool chemicals...I have one word of guidance "Chlorine".
drowning from the prices

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2008

Judged:

Ur soo hilarious... and if ur dumbass would go back and read what I had originally written u would see that I used the words "Walmart Chemicals" and "Chem Sticks" to check the levels... Next time read first and then speak it will save u from sounding like the true dumbass that u are( MASSIVE SARCASM WINK WINK!!!) Get a hobby cuz u suck at bashin people!!!
meowch

Campbellsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2008

I'm glad that at this point and time that you are happy with your "w-mart pool" and "chem. package". But the fact of the matter is that at some point in your twenty years of enjoying your pool, you WILL have trouble with your water, pump, filter or something. That's what I am referring to as $hit hitting the fan. And that is when you will be without a paddle when you return to w-mart for guidance. As far as chemicals you can spend as much as you want on them. There are some very expensive non-chlorine based pool chemicals that I would never use. That is why I highly recommend chlorine.

If you researched before buying a pool then you know that the warranties vary greatly. You can rest assured that you get what you pay for in a pool. If what you were shopping for was the cheapest pool you could possibly buy it sounds like that exactly what you purchased. Congratulations on your new pool!

I sincerely hope to hear from you about your new pool in about... four years. Then I feel we could have the beginnings of a real conversation about pools, and all the effort that goes into owning one. But in the mean time, Good Luck!:}
for the record

Jamestown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2008

Jimmy wrote:
What about Robertsons?
The older lady at Robertson's is very helpful but I ordered some parts and it took forever to get them but I had an off the wall brand and size as for Mike's he will give you a lot of good advice and ideas on the chemical end of it I use the relax brand at Robertsons runs about 50.00 a month no problems
love my pool

Russell Springs, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2008

robertsons built me a pool a few years back, its great and service is top notch
learn to spell

Portland, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2008

Judged:

meowch wrote:
I'm glad that at this point and time that you are happy with your "w-mart pool" and "chem. package". But the fact of the matter is that at some point in your twenty years of enjoying your pool, you WILL have trouble with your water, pump, filter or something. That's what I am referring to as $hit hitting the fan. And that is when you will be without a paddle when you return to w-mart for guidance. As far as chemicals you can spend as much as you want on them. There are some very expensive non-chlorine based pool chemicals that I would never use. That is why I highly recommend chlorine.
If you researched before buying a pool then you know that the warranties vary greatly. You can rest assured that you get what you pay for in a pool. If what you were shopping for was the cheapest pool you could possibly buy it sounds like that exactly what you purchased. Congratulations on your new pool!
I sincerely hope to hear from you about your new pool in about... four years. Then I feel we could have the beginnings of a real conversation about pools, and all the effort that goes into owning one. But in the mean time, Good Luck!:}
You sound like your mad cause you got ripped off and dont want to admit it dont be no hater cause he got one cheaper.
mikes brother tito

Upton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2008

Judged:

i heard he won the lottry
WHAT

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2008

Judged:

I went to Patsy and she wouldnt even talk to me about a pool she said she had no one to install it what a way to run a business.
pool support

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2008

Judged:

yep, when it's time to close your pool this fall - and then open it back up next summer simply go to walmart and their pool expert will walk you through the details so you do everything correct with your cheap pool, you know the one with the 20 year warranty.
Bug

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2008

Judged:

We shopped around before purchasing ours (including Robertsons). We found Mike to have the best prices around. He is very helpful and easy to get in touch with at most any time if you have questions.
One Person

Russell Springs, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2008

years ago did business with Patsy was very satified. Lots of people said bad about her but I knew what I wanted and kept pool in good shape and she helped. Brian was a kid then hope he has learned from him and her.
Contemplating

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2008

Does Mike own Mike's Pools?
hello

Russell Springs, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2008

Have dealt with Mike for years. He is great. Never to busy to answer a question and always available. Tried dealing with Robertsons few years back, was not happy with the outcome. I highly recommend Mike.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

17 Users are viewing the Columbia Forum right now

Search the Columbia Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min DemocRATS 146,176
Wendy's 11 min True Facts 7
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 15 min i know 81,568
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 24 min i know 1,013
Snake creek incident 50 min yea 4
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 1 hr Hero 26,183
joel its a fact 1 hr True Facts 6
a** play with oral.. 1 hr Boi 7
Westlake Debt Growing 2 hr Mister Clean 47
cvs 5 hr Even more annoyed 3
•••
•••
•••