KSP arrests Russell Co., KY Deputy af...

KSP arrests Russell Co., KY Deputy after burglary investigation

There are 270 comments on the Columbia Magazine story from Jan 5, 2013, titled KSP arrests Russell Co., KY Deputy after burglary investigation. In it, Columbia Magazine reports that:

KSP arrests Russell Co., KY Deputy after burglary investigation By Larry Smith, FM 92.7, the WAVE Russell County Deputy Sheriff Nick Bertram was arrested on Friday evening, by Kentucky State Trooper Martin Wesley of KSP Post 15, Columbia, KY, and charged with 3rd Degree Burglary, Possession of Marijuana, Possession of Drug Paraphernalia, Tampering ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbia Magazine.

No WAY

Russell Springs, KY

#395 Feb 11, 2013
District ass wrote:
get his evidence back in room...did he have state take and destroy it. Other wise..those state fellas may never win another speeding ticket.
UMMMM.....what?????????
So What

Russell Springs, KY

#398 Feb 12, 2013
Oh, and this whole "team" thing!! What do you retards think this is, a basketball game?
sheriff 5150
#399 Feb 12, 2013
So What wrote:
Oh, and this whole "team" thing!! What do you retards think this is, a basketball game?
No we r not abasketball team but we r TEAM NICK like it or love it deal with it we r a TEAM that is standing behind a great guy who is gettin took down for nothin to inform you we r not idoits we r a group who supports a very straight up honest man that has been done dirty TEAM NICK all the way
So What

Russell Springs, KY

#402 Feb 13, 2013
Your name says it all, the crazy sheriff. Nice grammar too. I am sure Nick will do well with you backing him. LOL
Bull

Russell Springs, KY

#405 Feb 14, 2013
I am not sure if Nick is guilty or not but he should get the same treatment as everybody else. If he is not guilty then it should be proven so, and if he is not guilty then he should be re-instated to his job.
As far as the hiring. I ask two young guys who are deputies or sheriffs at the courthouse how they got to be in their position as young as they are and they said, they were grandfathered in. I think this is a bunch of bull. That leaves no chance for others who deserve these positions. Guess it doesn't matter who works in the courthouse as long as your family or in with the group. Oh and why I'm at it, why don't I complain about Scott Periece who has enough money already so why does he need a job there too, why not give these jobs to someone who really needs them. Its all in who you know in these small towns.
Boxcar Willie

Murray, KY

#406 Feb 14, 2013
Bull wrote:
I am not sure if Nick is guilty or not but he should get the same treatment as everybody else. If he is not guilty then it should be proven so, and if he is not guilty then he should be re-instated to his job.
As far as the hiring. I ask two young guys who are deputies or sheriffs at the courthouse how they got to be in their position as young as they are and they said, they were grandfathered in. I think this is a bunch of bull. That leaves no chance for others who deserve these positions. Guess it doesn't matter who works in the courthouse as long as your family or in with the group. Oh and why I'm at it, why don't I complain about Scott Periece who has enough money already so why does he need a job there too, why not give these jobs to someone who really needs them. Its all in who you know in these small towns.
Why are you complaining about "Scott Periece"? Maybe this job was a "reward" for leaving the school system in such good condition.(Chuckling under breath)
Mary

Russell Springs, KY

#407 Feb 15, 2013
CASE DISSMISSED CASE DISSMISSED CASE DISSMISSED CASE DISSMISSED CASE DISSMISSED CASE DISSMISSED CASE DISSMISSED CASE DISSMISSED CASE DISSMISSED CASE now what do you haters all have to say! lololol...
gelato

Elizabethtown, KY

#408 Feb 15, 2013
Mary wrote:
CASE DISSMISSED CASE DISSMISSED CASE DISSMISSED CASE DISSMISSED CASE DISSMISSED CASE DISSMISSED CASE DISSMISSED CASE DISSMISSED CASE DISSMISSED CASE now what do you haters all have to say! lololol...
misdemeanor charges dismissed in district court . felonies waived to the grand jury
gelato

Elizabethtown, KY

#410 Feb 15, 2013
Case will presented to the grand jury on the 26th
soprano

Russell Springs, KY

#411 Feb 15, 2013
gelato wrote:
<quoted text> misdemeanor charges dismissed in district court . felonies waived to the grand jury
What were the misdeameanor charges dropped and for what reason?
Jerod

Means, KY

#412 Feb 15, 2013
News said all charges, per Columbia Magazine.
So What

Russell Springs, KY

#414 Feb 15, 2013
It is going to the Grand Jury for indictment. He will be arrested again for that and he will face a lot of Federal jail time. He will never be in law enforcement again.

The local prosecutor cannot handle the federal charges, so that is normal process.
gelato

Elizabethtown, KY

#415 Feb 15, 2013
So What wrote:
It is going to the Grand Jury for indictment. He will be arrested again for that and he will face a lot of Federal jail time. He will never be in law enforcement again.
The local prosecutor cannot handle the federal charges, so that is normal process.
if in fact that federal charges were in play that evidence would have to be presented to a federal grand jury . At this point Nick is facing state charges so the evidence will be presented to a circuit court grand jury
here it comes

Elizabethtown, KY

#416 Feb 15, 2013
I for see a pick of a SPECIAL grand jury and change of venue.
dont know what to think

Elizabethtown, KY

#417 Feb 15, 2013
Even thou I am a team nick, I don't know what to think now. I guess we all will have to wait for the 26th
lol

Elizabethtown, KY

#418 Feb 15, 2013
Grand Jury Bound!!!!!!!!!!
Grand Jury

Russell Springs, KY

#419 Feb 15, 2013
Grand Jury means felony charges... And as stated in the news, the State Police are definitely moving forward with that... So, it doesn't mean he is innocent, it's just protocol...
Jerod

Means, KY

#420 Feb 15, 2013
Columbia Magazine states that all charges were dismissed by the KSP in front of a special judge. It will not go to a grand jury after this step was taken. Read the article. Do you have an article somewhere else that would state differently?
Grand Jury

Russell Springs, KY

#421 Feb 15, 2013
Russell County Attorney was on the 'RUSSELL' County news, 104.9, and stated that he had been informed by KSP that they will in fact be taking this to the Grand Jury...
umm here it is

Elizabethtown, KY

#422 Feb 15, 2013
Jerod wrote:
Columbia Magazine states that all charges were dismissed by the KSP in front of a special judge. It will not go to a grand jury after this step was taken. Read the article. Do you have an article somewhere else that would state differently?
The state police IS going to present the case to grand jury on 2-26-2013. Mr. Shearer was on Wjrs an stated he could not move forward with the case.
Mr. Shearer can't do federal charges that MAY or MAY NOT be pressed on Mr. Nick.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 49 min ChromiuMan 168,797
Robert Hausdorfer Lucas Young 3 hr D Faust 2
Burton Ridge & Related Genealogy (Mar '08) 8 hr Littlejohn 42
Used barn lumber 11 hr Bryan 4
stateline steel 11 hr guess 2
Another Morrison In Jail 14 hr A Morrison 2
turkey mites (Sep '07) 19 hr Susie 246

Columbia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbia Mortgages