KSP arrests Russell Co., KY Deputy af...

KSP arrests Russell Co., KY Deputy after burglary investigation

There are 270 comments on the Columbia Magazine story from Jan 5, 2013, titled KSP arrests Russell Co., KY Deputy after burglary investigation. In it, Columbia Magazine reports that:

KSP arrests Russell Co., KY Deputy after burglary investigation By Larry Smith, FM 92.7, the WAVE Russell County Deputy Sheriff Nick Bertram was arrested on Friday evening, by Kentucky State Trooper Martin Wesley of KSP Post 15, Columbia, KY, and charged with 3rd Degree Burglary, Possession of Marijuana, Possession of Drug Paraphernalia, Tampering ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbia Magazine.

ole man

Russell Springs, KY

#473 Feb 22, 2013
FLYING tortuga lips wrote:
the loCal cops dont get paid VERY much ,....
he was just aUgmenting is LOW income ,...
whats the big deal?
U WOULD DO IT TOO ,..
IF YOU WERE ONLY PAID $13.00 AN HOUR !
I can't speak for everyone on here, but I would not resort to burglary, manufacturing meth, smoking marijuana, or using a badge to steal a computer for myself if I "were only paid $13.00 an hour". We each have our own character and values, though.
See it yourself

Louisville, KY

#475 Feb 23, 2013
ole man wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't speak for everyone on here, but I would not resort to burglary, manufacturing meth, smoking marijuana, or using a badge to steal a computer for myself if I "were only paid $13.00 an hour". We each have our own character and values, though.
This kind of response is indicative of the ignorance our society has, especially Russell County. If any of the charges are true, why did they get dismissed? Then there are your facts. There were no charges or allegations of manufacturing meth. Only that he had meth labs that were decontaminated. There were allegations that he had a pot pipe but he passed an absolute hair drug test. Get a grip.
funny

Elizabethtown, KY

#476 Feb 23, 2013
See it yourself wrote:
<quoted text> This kind of response is indicative of the ignorance our society has, especially Russell County. If any of the charges are true, why did they get dismissed? Then there are your facts. There were no charges or allegations of manufacturing meth. Only that he had meth labs that were decontaminated. There were allegations that he had a pot pipe but he passed an absolute hair drug test. Get a grip.
I believe they were replying to another post about it being somehow acceptable to commit a crime because you are not being paid enough.
example

Kerens, TX

#477 Feb 23, 2013
Who says they make $13.00 hr? Try $18. That's good $ around here.
look out

Russell Springs, KY

#480 Feb 25, 2013
water is going to get really hot on the 26th watch and learn
firedog

United States

#481 Feb 26, 2013
Who cares those back stabbing snakes. at county courthouse. have way to much time on their. hands
WONDERING

Elizabethtown, KY

#482 Feb 26, 2013
Any news yet on his case
see quester

Russell Springs, KY

#483 Feb 26, 2013
WONDERING wrote:
Any news yet on his case
The popcorn was probably old and stale so maybe now they decided to order take-out.
Yep

Russell Springs, KY

#484 Feb 26, 2013
No indictment!!!!
kool

Elizabethtown, KY

#485 Feb 26, 2013
Nick is a free man
example

Kerens, TX

#486 Feb 26, 2013
kool wrote:
Nick is a free man
Karma will come his way. Dirty politics. This is the only place I know that a cop can act this way and its ok. I guess the are above the law.
culture vulture

Russell Springs, KY

#488 Feb 26, 2013
example wrote:
<quoted text>
Karma will come his way. Dirty politics. This is the only place I know that a cop can act this way and its ok. I guess the are above the law.
Act what way?
shame

Russell Springs, KY

#489 Feb 26, 2013
yea did you think it would have any other out come i think some one got to the grand jury to get this threw out
example

Greenville, KY

#490 Feb 26, 2013
shame wrote:
yea did you think it would have any other out come i think some one got to the grand jury to get this threw out
I agree. But still has to face a FBI investigation. And they are expanding the investigation to cover several involved.
wanting to know

Russell Springs, KY

#491 Feb 26, 2013
dont think that is going to happen if it was any other person they would be under the jail
example

Greenville, KY

#492 Feb 26, 2013
wanting to know wrote:
dont think that is going to happen if it was any other person they would be under the jail
Amen. Like to know when the last time they did not give an indictment on someone.
yep

Russell Springs, KY

#496 Feb 27, 2013
jury member wrote:
<quoted text> I am on the grand jury and I assure you NICK WILL NOT BE INDICTED!!!!!!!!!!
went your way I see
Chicken Little

Campbellsville, KY

#497 Feb 27, 2013
look out wrote:
water is going to get really hot on the 26th watch and learn
The sky is falling! The sky is falling!
Yawn

Campbellsville, KY

#498 Feb 27, 2013
shame wrote:
I'm just glad that everyone sees the cookie cutters in the "thin grey line" ain't got the poop in their britches everyone thinks they do. Well, there's always a chance KSP can ask Obama to send a drone down to investigate Nick. Ha-ha.
Tea Party Man

Lexington, KY

#499 Feb 27, 2013
example wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. But still has to face a FBI investigation. And they are expanding the investigation to cover several involved.
More details please.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Pres Donald J Tru... 164,595
Actress Wanted 10 hr Actor 9
Baseball 11 hr Dillon 7
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 13 hr Rattlesnake Pete 901
Tabs 14 hr Pill headz 7
Flex Appeal 14 hr Suck it up 5
Goat tied up in town 22 hr Lay it down 8

Columbia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbia Mortgages