Lebanon man dies as result of shootin...

Lebanon man dies as result of shooting in Raywick, KY

There are 129 comments on the Columbia Magazine story from Nov 9, 2012, titled Lebanon man dies as result of shooting in Raywick, KY. In it, Columbia Magazine reports that:

Lebanon man dies as result of shooting in Raywick, KY David Litsey, 22, Lebanon, KY, dies of injuries received in a shooting in the Raywick Bar & Grill, 205 Main Street, Raywick, KY.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbia Magazine.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
People Please

Columbia, KY

#144 Feb 18, 2013
I was personally close with David and he never thought he was a thug, or wasnt a wanna- be anything. He was the definition of real, and most of you on here wouldn't understand that one bit because you arent but for people to not even know the man and get on here and bash his name! God forgive your souls, I feel sorry for you all. David was just David, and you had to take him as he is or leave him but once you got to know him, you would see the most caring, loving down to earth person there is. He wouldnt change for anyone and that is the reason why he's got so much love out here! He does have a family, and they are mourning so to not consider their feelings about what your saying online is so selfish nomatter how you feel about him. I pitty you all!! Rest Easy David Blake !!
tj rolls

Lexington, KY

#145 Feb 20, 2013
when answer me this if your not a racist....would you let me date your daughter ?
Its Raywick not Disney

Brownsville, KY

#146 Mar 6, 2013
For as long as I can remember Raywick has been notorious for being a hard core small town in Marion County. It's always been a notorious town associated with many things. Murder, The Cornbread Mafia, and not taking any shit from anyone regardless of your race, color, or creed period. That's just to name a few. I grew up in that small town but thankfully was raised with better morals and values than to solve problems with violence. I personally as a white female found myself in the middle of a conflict on a couple of occasions because of the person I was in the bar with, another white person. We were chased out of the bar by someone I went to school with, while he shot a gun into the air and threatened to shoot us and there was no doubt in my mind he would have shot us to this day. He wasn't in his right mind that night. From that day forward we were cool with each other. You just didn't go to Raywick and start crap with anyone, it didn't matter who you were or where you were from, as I said I was from there and white. I had black friends that went to Fifth Wheel and there were never any problems. It wasn't about your color it was about running your mouth and starting shit. One of Raywick's own, Johnny Stiles, a white man that had been raised and lived all his life in Raywick was shot right there at Fifth Wheel and died as a result of that gunshot. The only trouble I have ever heard of between black and white people in Raywick are the one's that go to Raywick with an attitude or with the mindset that they should be catered to. None of the bars in Raywick have ever catered to anyone and they don't take kindly to anyone, no matter what color you are, coming in their establishments demanding anything or showing your ass. With that being said, I know nothing of the Litsey case or anything other than what I have read in this thread. I just felt compelled to tell people what Raywick is really like. My deepest sympathy to the Litsey family and loved one's.
former resident

United States

#147 Mar 6, 2013
Most of the residents in Raywick are brain-dead inbreds.When you add drugs and alcohol,you end up with a typical Saturday night,Raywick-style.Someone's gonna get shot or end up in a wreck or in jail.
da truth

Campbellsville, KY

#149 Oct 13, 2013
That ruthless punk finally met his maker, I watched him hit dudes into seizures for no damn reason. He got wat he had commin finally.
Julio Stiles

Louisville, KY

#150 Jan 9, 2014
Its Raywick not Disney wrote:
For as long as I can remember Raywick has been notorious for being a hard core small town in Marion County. It's always been a notorious town associated with many things. Murder, The Cornbread Mafia, and not taking any shit from anyone regardless of your race, color, or creed period. That's just to name a few. I grew up in that small town but thankfully was raised with better morals and values than to solve problems with violence. I personally as a white female found myself in the middle of a conflict on a couple of occasions because of the person I was in the bar with, another white person. We were chased out of the bar by someone I went to school with, while he shot a gun into the air and threatened to shoot us and there was no doubt in my mind he would have shot us to this day. He wasn't in his right mind that night. From that day forward we were cool with each other. You just didn't go to Raywick and start crap with anyone, it didn't matter who you were or where you were from, as I said I was from there and white. I had black friends that went to Fifth Wheel and there were never any problems. It wasn't about your color it was about running your mouth and starting shit. One of Raywick's own, Johnny Stiles, a white man that had been raised and lived all his life in Raywick was shot right there at Fifth Wheel and died as a result of that gunshot. The only trouble I have ever heard of between black and white people in Raywick are the one's that go to Raywick with an attitude or with the mindset that they should be catered to. None of the bars in Raywick have ever catered to anyone and they don't take kindly to anyone, no matter what color you are, coming in their establishments demanding anything or showing your ass. With that being said, I know nothing of the Litsey case or anything other than what I have read in this thread. I just felt compelled to tell people what Raywick is really like. My deepest sympathy to the Litsey family and loved one's.
I have a question that you sort of brought up. Is this bar and this building at 205 Main Street, Raywick, the same building where the Fifth Wheel used to be? It's obviously changed owners and names quite a bit since 2009. But is it the same location?
Not from raywick

Lebanon, KY

#151 Jan 9, 2014
People Please wrote:
I was personally close with David and he never thought he was a thug, or wasnt a wanna- be anything. He was the definition of real, and most of you on here wouldn't understand that one bit because you arent but for people to not even know the man and get on here and bash his name! God forgive your souls, I feel sorry for you all. David was just David, and you had to take him as he is or leave him but once you got to know him, you would see the most caring, loving down to earth person there is. He wouldnt change for anyone and that is the reason why he's got so much love out here! He does have a family, and they are mourning so to not consider their feelings about what your saying online is so selfish nomatter how you feel about him. I pitty you all!! Rest Easy David Blake !!
If he was so caring and thoughtful of others why would he put a gun to someone's head earlier in the night and rob him
Not from raywick

Lebanon, KY

#152 Jan 9, 2014
Just saying!
Not from raywick

Lebanon, KY

#153 Jan 9, 2014
Oh ! Guess he was just playin

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Needle exchange 1 hr you fool 14
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Blacklagoon 164,663
gays 4 hr tnynclmb 45
Baseball 16 hr Hate 8
Net 10 or H20? (Apr '13) Fri coke boy 17
Actress Wanted Thu Actor 9
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) Thu Rattlesnake Pete 901

Columbia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbia Mortgages