Lebanon man dies as result of shooting in Raywick, KY

Nov 9, 2012 Full story: Columbia Magazine 129

Lebanon man dies as result of shooting in Raywick, KY David Litsey, 22, Lebanon, KY, dies of injuries received in a shooting in the Raywick Bar & Grill, 205 Main Street, Raywick, KY.

Full Story
ummmhmmm

Barnesville, OH

#122 Nov 14, 2012
Was Litsey the only black person in the bar that night? F**k NO HE WASN'T....And this is racist? The place was full of blacks.Don't sound racist to me.
sniper

Leitchfield, KY

#123 Nov 14, 2012
all of them wrote:
WHITE POWER
hell ya.

Since: Nov 12

United States

#124 Nov 15, 2012
hmmmm wrote:
David is not going to rest in peace until that bar is shut down, aside from them being racist haters the bar is disgusting, i wouldnt piss in that bathroom to save my life. And they have Bouncers for certain reasons, to try and TALK the situation down if that doesnt work, you CALL THE POLICE, which prob didnt happen until AFTER someones life was taken. that piss poor excuse for a Bar owner Chris Gribbins needs his bar license revoked or something for running a Nasty Racist bar. And choosing to let a fight escalade into someone getting shot rather than just callin the police.
this s the most ignorant comment ive seen. U obviously belong on fourth street so the cops r there when u need em... U obviously dont kno chris or the stuation. He was makin that place a better one. The guy didnt even get a chance at the place. No one cares what u think about his place. ur opinion is countless u just made urself less welcome there.

Since: Nov 12

United States

#125 Nov 15, 2012
DEA wrote:
heard someone's tires got shot up down there last night. Why is this place STILL allowed to be open? And for anyone wanting to know I am white person. I didn't know Mr. Litsey personal but, it's a damn shame that a place like this is allowed to stay open when a person life has been taken.
it wasnt the place that got him killed it was his mouth
Man down

Lebanon, KY

#126 Nov 16, 2012
Anyone else hear that Linsey robbed a man earlier in the night at gunpoint, ni##% gotta eat
smh

Campbellsville, KY

#127 Nov 16, 2012
White people have been killed by white people in Raywick. Damn racists.
hilljack

AOL

#128 Nov 16, 2012
30 carbine

United States

#129 Nov 17, 2012
We have had two people recently shot and killed this past week. One has had several negative comments made about him. And the other hasn't had one negative comment made about him. Why is that??? Is it because of race? Absolutely not. It's because one of the victims was simply a thug. A previous post mentions the Rigdons, if one of them were shot and killed, there would be just as many negative comments made about them because they are also thugs. Bottom line, is that people respect honest law abiding citizens. Honest people go out and work everyday and then go home to be with their families. Thugs on the other hand are always up to no good. They get bad reputations and those reputations follow them to their death. Thugs come in all colors. This for all the black people that have been offended by these posts on David. If you are an honest, hard working individual, it would be my sincere hope that if you were to get killed, your name would not be smeared on a forum such as this. And maybe if your name did appear, it would be because people had many praises about you and the life you led. Just a thought
Penelope

Elizabethtown, KY

#130 Nov 23, 2012
Did David get shot more than once that night? Don't want to go back and find the post that said something like...he was already down and then shot in the neck, should have been shot in the arm or leg......
specific

Leitchfield, KY

#131 Nov 25, 2012
30 carbine wrote:
We have had two people recently shot and killed this past week. One has had several negative comments made about him. And the other hasn't had one negative comment made about him. Why is that??? Is it because of race? Absolutely not. It's because one of the victims was simply a thug. A previous post mentions the Rigdons, if one of them were shot and killed, there would be just as many negative comments made about them because they are also thugs. Bottom line, is that people respect honest law abiding citizens. Honest people go out and work everyday and then go home to be with their families. Thugs on the other hand are always up to no good. They get bad reputations and those reputations follow them to their death. Thugs come in all colors. This for all the black people that have been offended by these posts on David. If you are an honest, hard working individual, it would be my sincere hope that if you were to get killed, your name would not be smeared on a forum such as this. And maybe if your name did appear, it would be because people had many praises about you and the life you led. Just a thought
BE SPECIFIC when you call out a family or a race! You just totally contradicted your whole point by "naming" the "Rigdons" as there are more in that family than just to whomever you were referring. Just because one Rigdon is a thug doesn't mean they all are. Just because one black is a thug doesn't mean they all are. Because one white is a racist doesn't mean they all are. BE SPECIFIC. THANK YOU!
specific

Leitchfield, KY

#132 Nov 25, 2012
And I'm not calling anyone a thug before the band wagon jumps on my post. The point I am making is NO one should judge another based on their last name, color, town they live in, or whether they were born with a golden in their mouths. I, personally, judge a book after I've read a few chapters. I take the time to form MY own opinions based on the character shown to me and not that of others. I haven't been to the bar in Raywick in a long time. But it is very similar to any BAR anywhere - alcohol plays a huge part in the outcome of any fight/disturbance/brawl or whatever other word you want to substitute. You can have a fight among friends, strangers, bar owners and patrons. I would be very curious to see the results of the Lebanon Enterprise to research in the last 20 years the number of killings in Lebanon that occurred at a local bar in all areas of the county - not just Raywick. Take Hawks, Cardinal Den, and all other establishments into the research. Surely, this is not the first death that has happened here in Lebanon at a bar. I'm just curious.
blah blah

Elizabethtown, KY

#133 Nov 25, 2012
The shooting had nothing to do with his race. It wasn't even on purpose. So you need to get your facts straight before you go assuming shit about Raywick an the people in it. And the guy who killed him does not deserve the death penalty what so ever. David liked to start trouble but that by no means makes it okay for this to happen. I feel for his family and friends. But people need to find out what really happened before you say shit.
Really

Elizabethtown, KY

#134 Nov 25, 2012
blah blah wrote:
The shooting had nothing to do with his race. It wasn't even on purpose. So you need to get your facts straight before you go assuming shit about Raywick an the people in it. And the guy who killed him does not deserve the death penalty what so ever. David liked to start trouble but that by no means makes it okay for this to happen. I feel for his family and friends. But people need to find out what really happened before you say shit.
So tell us what happened then.
Get_the_Facts

Elizabethtown, KY

#135 Nov 26, 2012
Don't give a rats ass who this man was the fact of the matter is he was shot in the neck and back for trying to break up a fight and nothing more what is wrong is wrong the bouncer and bar owner was wrong for killing this man no matter his race he was not doing nothing to deserve him being shot unlike all the *ucking child molesters in this dam* town getting away with raping their kids or wife beaters , beating their wifes to a bloody pope NOT SAYING THEY NEED TO BE SHOT just saying this man did none of this and did not deserve this...... Oh and as for the KKK if any of yall are on here go suck a fat one and just so you know i am white and proud but i do not hate people for their race and i do stay with my own but thats cause i like vanilla nothing more nothing less
Get_the_Facts

Elizabethtown, KY

#136 Nov 26, 2012
blah blah wrote:
The shooting had nothing to do with his race. It wasn't even on purpose. So you need to get your facts straight before you go assuming shit about Raywick an the people in it. And the guy who killed him does not deserve the death penalty what so ever. David liked to start trouble but that by no means makes it okay for this to happen. I feel for his family and friends. But people need to find out what really happened before you say shit.
how could it be an accident for real shot 2 times from behimnd once in the neck and once in the back ...give me a *ucking Break would you ...... Dang this site is good for PMS alot of idoits to vent on
30 carbine

Springfield, KY

#137 Nov 26, 2012
specific wrote:
<quoted text>
BE SPECIFIC when you call out a family or a race! You just totally contradicted your whole point by "naming" the "Rigdons" as there are more in that family than just to whomever you were referring. Just because one Rigdon is a thug doesn't mean they all are. Just because one black is a thug doesn't mean they all are. Because one white is a racist doesn't mean they all are. BE SPECIFIC. THANK YOU!
Forgive me for not being specific enough. When I said "Rigdons", I figured most people would know the specific ones that I was referring to. And I will disagree with your comment about how last names shouldn't mean anything. Your comment may be based on the way things should be, but that's not how it works in the real world. A last name means a lot. Many people work very hard at protecting their names because they know that a reputation will follow not only themselves, but their family as well. And also, I for one do not see the point in beating around the bush. A spade is a spade. A thug is a thug. I call them like I see them. I knew this person. I know the Rigdon brothers. And they are THUGS. My previous post was made to make the point that people will talk about you when you die. It's up to you whether they speak good things about you or bad. I'll leave you with this quote. "When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life, so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice"
juice

Georgetown, KY

#138 Nov 26, 2012
Agree with part of your comment 30 carbine up until you said something about last names. I agree with the other poster. I've have a few rowdy members of my extended family and would surely pray that NO one would cast a word against me based upon their actions. I have no control over what they have done, will do, or may do. The only person I am responsible for is myself and my NAME not that of my family.
30 carbine

Elizabethtown, KY

#139 Nov 26, 2012
juice wrote:
Agree with part of your comment 30 carbine up until you said something about last names. I agree with the other poster. I've have a few rowdy members of my extended family and would surely pray that NO one would cast a word against me based upon their actions. I have no control over what they have done, will do, or may do. The only person I am responsible for is myself and my NAME not that of my family.
I never said it was right for people to do this. Just the way it is. Especially in small communities like this one.
givethetruth

Hodgenville, KY

#142 Jan 30, 2013
tell the truth to the P I that is asking questions about the shooting. no matter what the Litsey family needs closure; perhaps the P I can help bring that to them. murder is a strong word and untrue as far as Chris's alligated actions in this matter. Chris is no racist type of person either. he was actually happy that those kids (black, brown, white, or other) brought their business to his establishment. so a murdering racist, i do not like reading about him, he is not. accidents happen; that is what it had to be if Chris is found guilty of anything. plus, there is a Litsey family and God Love Them they do not need to read about it in negative manner. there are two sides to all things like this "IF IT AINT GOOD DONT SAY IT" show respect even if you have none.
STAND UP

Louisville, KY

#143 Jan 30, 2013
Lebanon will always have trash talkers on topixs it is the only place they can talk shit and not get slapped in the mouth. 30 cal or none of these trash talkers would ever even think of speaking man to man in fear of having to defend his self. Well facts are if you aint man enuff to speak about a man face to face then you aint a man ya self. So you just carry on bad mouthing people and hiding behind a keyboard cause thats all ya got.
30 carbine wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said it was right for people to do this. Just the way it is. Especially in small communities like this one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 28 min dollarsbill 131,915
144,000 going to heaven (Oct '06) 1 hr Jesus witness 8,252
wife/horton/mistress 11 hr Missy 1
Pumpjack Offroad Fri Hmmmm 8
Westlake isn't the only area hospital in trouble Fri Karen 1
young boy looking for older women (Sep '11) Thu Bigcuz 89
The Barn at Cedar Grove Thu Engaged 11
Columbia Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Columbia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Columbia News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbia

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 4:00AM
Broncos vs. Bengals: TV Info, Spread, Injury Updates, Game Time and More
Bleacher Report 9:00 AM
Start 'Em, Sit 'Em Week 16: Debating Difficult Fantasy Football Lineup Decisions
NBC Sports11:17 AM
Peyton Manning officially questionable for Monday night
CBS Sports 5:01 AM
Signs of Johnny Manziel's struggles evident in poor practice outings
NFL 6:52 AM
Tennessee Titans prepping for possible Jay Cutler deal