#4 Jun 15, 2012
go to Sams.

“I don't like spam!”

Since: Dec 11

USA

#5 Jun 15, 2012
Leave Him Alone wrote:
Why should we boycott Walmart?
Well lets see...they have killed the mom and pop stores in the communities where they are located, discrimination towards women i.e. promotions, Most of the products they stock are made in china the list goes on and on.... Unfortunately with the state the economy is in many of us are forced to shop there (because of the lower prices) in order to make ends meet. Damned if you do,Damned if you don't :(
I LOVE WALMARE

Saint Louis, MO

#6 Jun 15, 2012
:)
Leave Him Alone

United States

#7 Jun 15, 2012
Yes, we could pay 7.00 bucks for a roll of tape at Ace that costs 1.25 at Walmart, we could buy expired salad kits for 4.00 at our hometown grocery store instead of a fresh one at Walmart for 2.00.

“I don't like spam!”

Since: Dec 11

USA

#8 Jun 15, 2012
Leave Him Alone wrote:
Yes, we could pay 7.00 bucks for a roll of tape at Ace that costs 1.25 at Walmart, we could buy expired salad kits for 4.00 at our hometown grocery store instead of a fresh one at Walmart for 2.00.
That is the reason we financially strapped shop at wally world...not saying it's right just fiscally responsible.
LMAO

Decatur, IL

#9 Jun 15, 2012
Cathy wrote:
Wear comfortable shoes.
Dont forget to use plenty of sun blocker!
Walmart Greeter

Saint Louis, MO

#10 Jun 15, 2012
Welcome to Walllllllmarrrrt :)
Karate Chop

Saint Louis, MO

#11 Jun 15, 2012
Small town love affair wrote:
<quoted text>Well lets see...they have killed the mom and pop stores in the communities where they are located,

Or did the mom and pop shops fail to adapt or compete?
<quoted text>discrimination towards women i.e. promotions
Not just Wall Mart. This is ubiquitous across jobs throughout the USA.
<quoted text>Most of the products they stock are made in china the list goes on and on....
Not just Wall Mart. This is ubiquitous across stores throughout the USA.
<quoted text>Unfortunately with the state the economy is in many of us are forced to shop there (because of the lower prices) in order to make ends meet. Damned if you do,Damned if you don't :(
Heard that brother/sister. I go there for certain things for the price but never for the perceived convenience. I hate that freaking place.
lisa

Columbia, MO

#12 Jun 15, 2012
You can get better prices at Amazon than at Walsuck.
johnson

Knoxville, TN

#13 Jul 16, 2012
This place is just so wrong. It starts its employees at minimum wage. This is the largest private company in the world. I know people who have workd there for years and only make 11 or 12 dollars and hr depending on where you live in the U.S. this place should be starting people out and that kind of pay depending on experence. They won't stand behind their products and when you do by something there they do not have replacement parts or some in-store warranty. This place sux
Larrrrry

Columbia, IL

#14 Jul 16, 2012
They must be doing something right
Love Muffin

Columbia, IL

#15 Aug 3, 2012
I use to work at the one in south side. And u r right about the way thay r with woman. And u dont kiss thear ass u r on the hit list. U should see the store maneger he look like aso nasty long turds hang of his head and as black as night just take a drive over and look for your. u will get sick just looking at him.
Pauline

United States

#16 Sep 20, 2012
Thugs
boycotter

Waterloo, IL

#17 Nov 2, 2012
Boycott MacDonalds-
They run mom and pop restaurants out of business.
roy

United States

#18 Nov 2, 2012
Boycott dollar general, they are exactly the same. Then boycott lowes, home depot, and ecery other major discount retail store, they all pay low, buy huge amounts to sell cheaper than local stores, and manipulate pricing in a way that drives down manufacturing wages. A bigger improvement would be to get people to stop working there, but that's the same problem.
Realist

Waterloo, IL

#19 Nov 20, 2012
johnson wrote:
This place is just so wrong. It starts its employees at minimum wage. This is the largest private company in the world. I know people who have workd there for years and only make 11 or 12 dollars and hr depending on where you live in the U.S. this place should be starting people out and that kind of pay depending on experence. They won't stand behind their products and when you do by something there they do not have replacement parts or some in-store warranty. This place sux
So what your saying is those with just a high school or GED education should come apply and get a job somewhere and demand, oh lets say $20 and hour? They know what the pay is, so why take the job, get a better education stay in school don't have kids when your a teenager and married to a loser. Now Unions are trying to tell the workers what to do even though they are not a unionized company? You can blame putting mom and pop stores out of business on your city councils and their TIFs. Also never had a problem returning an item at Walmart even without a receipt. Like the saying goes,"The world needs ditch diggers too."
clarion

Saint Louis, MO

#20 Nov 20, 2012
Well said, Realist. There's nothing wrong with working an entry-level, retail job. But if you pull in a top salary. So how much should someone get paid for stocking shelves, sweeping floors, ringing cash registers. Should the government decide, or the market?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dish price increase 2 min Senoir 1
Butch's Bar 1 hr Oneforall 5
Bikers for Trump 2 hr truther 4
tuesday morning on Godin 3 hr Hater 2
Do you believe foreigners should hold public of... 3 hr Help 6
Tuesday on Godin 4 hr R Rollo 2
Skatepark Actiion (Jul '16) 13 hr Oh please 73

Columbia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance