"Just the facts, ma'am..."

Posted in the Columbia Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
jaybird

Millstadt, IL

#1 May 12, 2009
Everyone seems to love to speculate. Let's make this thread FACTS ONLY as we know them. I'll go first...

Okay, facts - rather information - as I know it. Some from a very close friend of the Coleman family and some gleaned from news reports.

He was not working that night shift. He is not an overnight security guard. This information came from neighbors and the media ran with it. He is a *personal* body guard to Joyce Meyer.

His trip to the gym was routine. He called home to make sure the boys were ready for school because he picked them up and took them to school - he was going to let them know he was leaving the gym.

When he could not reach his wife after several attempts, he did NOT call the police station. He called a neighbor, who happens to be a police officer, and asked him to check on the family.

When the officer entered the home and found them dead, he called back up. Chris Coleman came home just almost immediately after the police arrived and was distraught, had to be restrained in the front yard or driveway to keep him out of the house.

Sheri Coleman's family obtained a court order to have the bodies taken to the Chicago area for a memorial/visitation, not burial. Chris Coleman first agreed, then changed his mind because of the cost involved. As far as I know, they will still be buried at Evergreen.

MCS and the detectives searched the I-255 area because it makes sense.

Chris Coleman met with the police yesterday, was there about 45 minutes, gave another (second) set of prints, went to the house to take some personal belongings out and returned to Chester.

Fact. He may or may not be guilty of these crimes. Fact. We may or may not find that out. Killers have walked before. And innocent people have spent years in prison. If the MCS has signed off on this, I hope our Finest are capable of continuing the investigation.

Fact. A lovely woman and her 2 sons are dead. No matter what, that doesn't change.

Since: Jan 09

Millstadt, IL

#2 May 12, 2009
jaybird wrote:
Everyone seems to love to speculate. Let's make this thread FACTS ONLY as we know them. I'll go first...
Okay, facts - rather information - as I know it. Some from a very close friend of the Coleman family and some gleaned from news reports.
He was not working that night shift. He is not an overnight security guard. This information came from neighbors and the media ran with it. He is a *personal* body guard to Joyce Meyer.
His trip to the gym was routine. He called home to make sure the boys were ready for school because he picked them up and took them to school - he was going to let them know he was leaving the gym.
When he could not reach his wife after several attempts, he did NOT call the police station. He called a neighbor, who happens to be a police officer, and asked him to check on the family.
When the officer entered the home and found them dead, he called back up. Chris Coleman came home just almost immediately after the police arrived and was distraught, had to be restrained in the front yard or driveway to keep him out of the house.
Sheri Coleman's family obtained a court order to have the bodies taken to the Chicago area for a memorial/visitation, not burial. Chris Coleman first agreed, then changed his mind because of the cost involved. As far as I know, they will still be buried at Evergreen.
Chris Coleman met with the police yesterday, was there about 45 minutes, gave another (second) set of prints, went to the house to take some personal belongings out and returned to Chester.
Fact. He may or may not be guilty of these crimes. Fact. We may or may not find that out. Killers have walked before. And innocent people have spent years in prison. If the MCS has signed off on this, I hope our Finest are capable of continuing the investigation.
Fact. A lovely woman and her 2 sons are dead. No matter what, that doesn't change.
another fact you forgot is that the police are reporting that chris coleman has not been in contact with them. Also The police had to get a court order to get him to give them a second set of prints. If youre going to report the facts then lets report all the facts not just the facts defending this guy.
Laser Lady

Collierville, TN

#3 May 12, 2009
The last line is the saddest fact of all. :-(
sinceyou heard it

Waterloo, IL

#4 May 12, 2009
so,since you heard it, that makes it fact. Wrongo!
sinceyou heard it

Waterloo, IL

#5 May 12, 2009
just another thread of BS. Listing 'information' from a neighbor or friend is as wrong, stupid, misleading, uninformative, as every other thread
jaybird

Millstadt, IL

#6 May 12, 2009
eagleblue>>> I'm not withholding facts, I wasn't aware of those facts.

sinceyouheardit>>> You spend a lot of time here if all the threads are stupid, misleading, uninformative...

I am NOT defending him. I am also NOT crucifying him. IF he is guilty, I want him to rot in hell. If he isn't, and yes, things truly point in his direction, I want the murderer caught asap.

You know... I give up. I really thought (misguided as I am) that maybe we could put a post of *facts/information* together. Maybe I should have known better when a thread goes for months and months bashing a Vietnam vet that minds his own business...

I know what I know. And I know I'll be the first to sigh a sigh of relief when this case is closed. And I'll stand in line to call Chris Coleman a sick bastard if it's him.

Ya'll have fun...

Millstadt, IL

#7 May 12, 2009
jaybird, I agree maybe we shouldnt convict this guy just yet. That said, I think everyone on this site has formed an opinion and "topix" is a great way to discuss it. If this happened a hundred years ago this guy would probably have already been lynched. topix and sites like it are in some sense the new way of "lynching" someone. Maybe its wrong but at least were not taking this dude to the nearest oak tree.
jaybird

Millstadt, IL

#8 May 12, 2009
Oh I'm all for *discussion* and even our own *sleuthing.*

Topix and most online forums are a way of behaving in a manner a lot of people would never do in reality - away from the computer.

You rather jumped in my shit missy/mister! And sinceyouheardit just made me laugh.

All's good.((but between us, I wonder how many people here attended the vigil Sunday night and how Mr. Coleman would have been received if he HAD shown up there!))

Personally, I think the authorities are working (along with everything else - other leads, directions) to see if there is a case against Chris Coleman, or if they can build one. They still refuse to call him a suspect and didn't question him when he was at the station yesterday.

Millstadt, IL

#9 May 12, 2009
jaybird wrote:
Topix and most online forums are a way of behaving in a manner a lot of people would never do in reality - away from the computer.
You rather jumped in my shit missy/mister! And sinceyouheardit just made me laugh.
All's good.((but between us, I wonder how many people here attended the vigil Sunday night and how Mr. Coleman would have been received if he HAD shown up there!))
Personally, I think the authorities are working (along with everything else - other leads, directions) to see if there is a case against Chris Coleman, or if they can build one. They still refuse to call him a suspect and didn't question him when he was at the station yesterday.
I wasnt trying to attack you, I just felt that you left out some important facts in your opening statement. As far as the vigil, I attended with my family sunday night. I dont think there would have been any sort of incident had CC been there. I know personally I wasnt even looking to see if he showed up. I was there to honor the memory of sheri, gavin, and garrett.
Kelly

United States

#10 May 12, 2009
jaybird wrote:
I'm sure they questioned Mr. Coleman the day it happened. If they have not questioned him yet that would be strange. I am curious about his brother. I wonder if he played any part in it? I heard he was a Chester police officer. Does anybody know anything about him? I can't wait to find out what has happened. It's eating me up. This family needs justice soon. If they could only tell us who did it. Wouldn't that be so easy. They are in heaven now and hopefully will be at peace once this case is over with.
Kelly

United States

#11 May 12, 2009
eagleblue wrote:
<quoted text>I wasnt trying to attack you, I just felt that you left out some important facts in your opening statement. As far as the vigil, I attended with my family sunday night. I dont think there would have been any sort of incident had CC been there. I know personally I wasnt even looking to see if he showed up. I was there to honor the memory of sheri, gavin, and garrett.
I think that is odd that he wasn't there. I would have been. Although I'm sure he knows a lot of people suspect him so he was probably scared. Or just feeling guilty.
sinceyou heard it

Waterloo, IL

#12 May 12, 2009
i get a kick out of people like you getting all worked up about a simple reply, thats why i come back. And i do try to weed out some truth. But, unfortunately, there is very little of it here. You stated you wanted to start a 'factual' forum, then started it with stuff you heard. make up your mind! I really, obviously, have no clue who did it. But if i started a forum stating i wanted it to stick to the facts, I'd start by doing that. Fact is, NONE of this typing i'm doing or any of you have done will change any of it or make any impact on real life. I cant find one thread on here that has or would.
jaybird

Millstadt, IL

#13 May 12, 2009
eagleblue>>> All's good, really. I was messing with you. Hard to tell humor and sarcasm from bullshit and flaming here, isn't it?
Kelly>>> Brad Coleman is a (part-time?) Chester police officer. If my family had been murdered, no way I would have attended the vigil and been a spectacle for everyone to gawk at. I'd grieve privately. Maybe he was advised not to attend? So many unanswered questions.
sinceyouheardit>>> I'm not sure why I'm wasting bandwith on you - but everything I stated in the opening thread is fact. I didn't *make it up*- and if you consider hearing it from a family member, a neighbor or 'official means,' not verifiable or *true*- then most of what's been discussed about Mr. Coleman and this case is bunk. Only truth is 3 people are dead...
Fact is, you're stirring the pot when there is enough crap in most the threads to begin with. A simple 'jaybird, how do you know this to be true?' or 'jaybird you forgot blah blah blah' would have been sufficient.
Hmmm, never thought about changing my user name to fit the thread or my feelings... interesting. A person could have quite a few diffrent aliases on here.
~sigh~
jaybird

Millstadt, IL

#14 May 12, 2009
"People like me"

Don't presume to know me. You may be very surprised.
~wink~
En10dre

Columbia, IL

#15 May 12, 2009
I'm with you, Jaybird...nothing is gained by everyone's speculation on facts or fabrication of inferences. This country is still founded on "innocent until PROVEN guilty". If Mr. Coleman is indeed innocent he must be in a great deal of agony. If Mr. Coleman is guilty...he must be feeling a great deal of agony.

My kudos to the MCS for always doing an exemplary job. Same goes to Colubia PD and the Monroe Co. Sheriff's Dept. Unless you have been a part of LE you cannot possibly know the roads that they have to travel to keep this kind of a case from being a miscarriage of justice.

I believe that LE "knows" the perpetrator is not someone who is at large in the community or things would be treated differently. Whoever committed this heinous act(s) of violence should be put to death. Too bad Illinois does not use hanging as a form of capital punishment. The electric chair is too good for this perp. Pray for the innocent victims.
really

Columbia, IL

#16 May 12, 2009
jaybird wrote:
If my family died and the whole world thought i did it, I would still have shown up. If you know you are innocent, then it doesn't matter what people think. if you know you are innocent, the truth will prevail. Could you avoid it if if were your family?? I couldn't
jaybird

Millstadt, IL

#17 May 12, 2009
I suppose my grief is mine, very private. I wouldn't want to be on display, finger-pointing 'poor jaybird' or 'killer jaybird'- innocent or guilty, I wouldn't have been there, wouldn't have been able to attend, physically or emotionally.

Absolutely if it were my family, I wouldn't attend, wouldn't be able to. It's a very difficult thing to do, and I'm not that strong a person.

Millstadt, IL

#18 May 12, 2009
really wrote:
<quoted text>
If my family died and the whole world thought i did it, I would still have shown up. If you know you are innocent, then it doesn't matter what people think. if you know you are innocent, the truth will prevail. Could you avoid it if if were your family?? I couldn't
He attended the service in chester, maybe that was enough for him.
Fact Is

Columbia, IL

#19 May 12, 2009
This will likely be the only time I say the perp does not deserve death. Whoever it is. I don't know and only the perp does for sure right now. Before you throw out how dare you responses because I am the biggest believer that a $1 bullet should end all capital punishment cases and save our tax dollars.
This person needs to spend the rest of their time on this earth remebering what they did. So that when their time is done they can spend their time eternally in hell.
All right, I guess no difference, shoot em and let the devil do the rest, probably worse than a lifetime of looking at crime scene photos.....
A Voice of Reason

Waterloo, IL

#20 May 12, 2009
jaybird wrote:
Thank you for posting this. It was what I was thinking every time I would read speculations made by the Columbia CSI.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beelleville News Democrat 6 hr Zander 8
Prestiage Painting 10 hr Jaime 1
Rollo 13 hr no no 9
Ted longust May 24 uha 3
White child May 24 opuddle79 3
Transgender bathroom PROBLEM!!! May 23 yeah right 58
merz vs gruchalas (Apr '14) May 22 Truth 29
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbia Mortgages