Who would be a good mayor to run against hutchison?

Posted in the Columbia Forum

Comments (Page 4)

Showing posts 61 - 80 of112
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
miss information

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2010

was'nt he an army decorated sumthen
interesting not

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2010

Judged:

bunch of babies on here, Kevin has done a good job of streamlining city operations and has been a good Mayor through a very difficult council.

most people with brains know a college degree is not the be all, end all.

Good Luck Mr. Mayor on the next election.
izzabee

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2010

Judged:

In my initial statement, a colllege degree wasnt mentioned. i know lots of successful people without a degree. He hasn't been the worst mayor Columbia has had, but from reading and listening to my cousin,who lives there he doesnt represent the native Columbians and their ideas of keeping Columbia the greatest metro city to live in. The next election will show this, but those monday night meetings,. tense. No reason for that.
interesting not

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2010

you need to ask your cousin (wink wink) about how tense they were about a few years ago. I'd also note it's the Mayors job to represent ALL of Columbia and vote to break any tie vote the council has, seems to me the last election told the story, maybe the OLD towns people don't like it, but he got re elected because he represented ALL of columbia and not just those from home.
thanks denny and sergei

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2010

interesting not wrote:
you need to ask your cousin (wink wink) about how tense they were about a few years ago. I'd also note it's the Mayors job to represent ALL of Columbia and vote to break any tie vote the council has, seems to me the last election told the story, maybe the OLD towns people don't like it, but he got re elected because he represented ALL of columbia and not just those from home.
although for a second time he did not get the majority of votes.
duhhh

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2010

he got elected.
izzabee

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2010

i dont wink at my cousin, just going by what i read in paper, collect on here, and talking to people when i come through town. He ran the third party candidate which was only a ploy to spread out the votes. From the sounds of the people, think they're ready for a change. Maybe this Columbia town is ready for a good old fashioned campiagn;? get out and meet the people. It is a clean town, i'll say that.
well ummm

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2010

Judged:

given the sweep against the hold all development side and the re elaction of mayor Huthinson I'd say the votes spoke quite loud. the biggest opposition to the Mayors Stance was Jay Unnerstall and he got TROUNCED.. you need to go back about 4 years and review the old council data and then compare it to the last vote.

The guy MOST of teh town wanted in got in.
Tazer Overlord

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2010

Judged:

well umm makes a good point. Although Unnerstall got more total votes in this election then the previous he still lost to his opponent.
COINCIDENCE I THINK NOT. Hinkler and Bergman were determined to oust the incumbent , so they orchestrated an aldermanic campaign and found a stalking horse for the mayoral race. GENEious at best or ???
Buck

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2010

Judged:

So Tazer...why was it wrong when it happened to the Unnerstall bunch and right when it happened to the Aldermen the election before that?

The Unnerstall group did the very same things...only they added bald face lies and slanderous comments like "the Mayor is on the take" and "the Aldermen sleep around". Ask around. There are a lot of people that feel they were lied to during the elections.

So, when is that right? I say never and I'm dissapointed our leaders have stooped to that.
hold on

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2010

Unnerstall did not get beat, he got clobbered!
I thought the same thing, his lies cought up with him.
Tazer Overlord

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2010

nice spelling, hold on,. If you want to talk lies that should be a different topic.
agreeing verse binding
referendum verbiage

cought, I mean caught again
tazerbrain

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2010

So sorry about the spelling, I got a little sloppy but the facts are the facts and you trying to make fun of my mistake won't change them.

Jay Unnerstall got beat VERY badly, clobbered would sum it up fairly well, that is a fact.
However, you could use the following terms too:
* Killed
* Trounced
* Spanked
* Blown Away
* Run Over

I think the voters did not approve of his slanted and misleading message nor did they approve of his methods in representing THEM as thier alderman. I think that sentiment was CLEARLY displayed at the voting booth.(my and i'm sure many others opinion)

by the way, do you remember the official tally?
go ahead and post it with your next response and explain it to us all.
new blood

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2010

Judged:

how about a female with business savvy, either of these two could manage the darn budget and lead!
Tammy Mitchell Hines or Linda Frierdich....
winners, shrewd, smooth and class.
hmmm

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2010

running a real estate agency is not close to running a city, not that either one of these couldn't do it, it's just much more difficult
than what they do.

I'd like any qualified business owner (prefer 75+ employees} with about 4 year experience in city Government.

Just stay away from government workers or midlevel employees.
Tazer Overlord

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2010

Judged:

I see your a big fan of Mr. Unnerstall.
DID HE RAIN ON YOUR PARADE.
tazerbrain wrote:
So sorry about the spelling, I got a little sloppy but the facts are the facts and you trying to make fun of my mistake won't change them.
Jay Unnerstall got beat VERY badly, clobbered would sum it up fairly well, that is a fact.
However, you could use the following terms too:
* Killed
* Trounced
* Spanked
* Blown Away
* Run Over
I think the voters did not approve of his slanted and misleading message nor did they approve of his methods in representing THEM as thier alderman. I think that sentiment was CLEARLY displayed at the voting booth.(my and i'm sure many others opinion)
by the way, do you remember the official tally?
go ahead and post it with your next response and explain it to us all.
works for me

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2010

new blood wrote:
how about a female with business savvy, either of these two could manage the darn budget and lead!
BOO YAAH
hmmm

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2010

hmmm wrote:
running a real estate agency is not close to running a city, not that either one of these couldn't do it, it's just much more difficult
than what they do.
I'd like any qualified business owner (prefer 75+ employees} with about 4 year experience in city Government.
Just stay away from government workers or midlevel employees.
how about someone without any experience in government.
goodwith it

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2010

difficult at best.
izzabee

Fairview Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2010

Judged:

new blood wrote:
..........yah! and maybe they could get the taxes lowered......invite big Business to be annexed in a New area off sandbank road.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 61 - 80 of112
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

15 Users are viewing the Columbia Forum right now

Search the Columbia Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Dentist in Dr Rodenburgs office 23 min Jan 5
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 2 hr KrisChristie 1,855
The War Drums are Beating 2 hr Red jackal 6
Close the borders 2 hr Obozo 29
Lost Me Beer (Nov '10) 2 hr Hoppy aroma 88
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr Terry rigsby 48,839
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 4 hr nuguyntwn 3,826
•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbia Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Columbia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••