columbia firestone violates workers r...

columbia firestone violates workers rights

Posted in the Columbia Forum

nik c

East Saint Louis, IL

#1 Jun 5, 2012
Hello everybody, I would like to bring to your attention the workers rights violations at columbia firestone. I was a technician there for 3 years before I left for a dealership. Dewan prashawd doesn't pay his employees for their overtime which sometimes reaches 20 hours a week. He also trims hours off of their time cards. In my years there I have witness many things potienally putting your families in harms ways and costing you extra money for un needed repairs. I simply can't allow these actions to rest on myconscience anymore. I'm calling for a boycott of columbia firestone and dewan prashawd. I'm asking for your support.
Millstadt69

Millstadt, IL

#2 Jun 5, 2012
nik c wrote:
Hello everybody, I would like to bring to your attention the workers rights violations at columbia firestone. I was a technician there for 3 years before I left for a dealership. Dewan prashawd doesn't pay his employees for their overtime which sometimes reaches 20 hours a week. He also trims hours off of their time cards. In my years there I have witness many things potienally putting your families in harms ways and costing you extra money for un needed repairs. I simply can't allow these actions to rest on myconscience anymore. I'm calling for a boycott of columbia firestone and dewan prashawd. I'm asking for your support.
Sounds like the owner is a Taliban terrorist.
Mistake

Millstadt, IL

#3 Jun 6, 2012
I'm curious as to why anyone would stay for years and work overtime without pay.
Well

Saint Louis, MO

#4 Jun 6, 2012
Mistake wrote:
I'm curious as to why anyone would stay for years and work overtime without pay.
It may not be his fault. The economy isn't that great and it could have been that it was risky for him to leave his job without having a backup plan. Sometimes you just have to appreciate the fact that you have a job and suck it up. Whoever he is though could always file a complaint if he has proof.
harvey

United States

#5 Jun 6, 2012
I've heard rumors of shady activity from that fellow...
Interesting

Columbia, IL

#6 Jun 6, 2012
nik c wrote:
If this is true, I bet a local news station would be interested.
Columbian

Columbia, IL

#7 Jun 6, 2012
I have been by there and when quoted a price for some simple work I almost SH*T myself. So I went somewhere else. This was six years ago and since then have heard WAY too many horror stories about the work done there. They will hold your vehicle and tell you that there are other things wrong with it that are not, charge you for things not done and so on! Have seen some of our City Police vehicles there but only to get worked on and not arrest the thieving owner.
Me too

Saint Louis, MO

#8 Jun 6, 2012
I called to get a price on some tires. I was both shocked and ahhhed by the price.
Walmart was less than half price for the same tires.
Observer

Waterloo, IL

#9 Jun 6, 2012
Mistake wrote:
I think what he is refering to is they only got payed straight time instead of time & a half.

I'm wondering after 3 years of cashing his pay check, why he did not learn how the owners name is spelled?
I stopped

Waterloo, IL

#10 Jun 6, 2012
Going there years ago after I saw something happen that made me question the operation.
jojo

Columbia, MO

#11 Jun 7, 2012
what they do in the middle east stays in the middle east. i only go to where the white folks work on cars.
jojo

Columbia, MO

#12 Jun 7, 2012
oh and by the way, the economy is actually doing really well right now...i stopped watching fox news and really any news..and i realized that my life and my pay are actually not that bad. nor is it bad with anybody know who doesnt work at a strip joint. just saying. economy is no excuse for putting up with a bad position some place. maybe you should have gone to a real university instead of devry to learn some reading and writing. the only reason you stayed is because you thought, or you actually were, going to get in on some racket. admit it. bad mouthing someone for your own problems...haha...so columbian. i bet you were at tinys every night buying drinks for people you half ass. hell you are probably just another Eagles druggy junkie, God only knows there are enough of them in this town. Talk to Coach if you need something.
nik c

East Saint Louis, IL

#13 Jun 7, 2012
I love that you're running your mouth with no idea about who I am. First of all I'm not from columbia, second of all I'm rather educated, but I'm not going to sit here and argue with somebody over the internet. I stayed for 3 years to pad my resume so I could get on at the dealer that I wanted. Its not about money to me I work on cars out of pasion for them. Trust me nobody is getting rich as a technician. My post is simply for my fellow techs that are still there and cant stand up for themselves.
Columbian

Columbia, IL

#14 Jun 11, 2012
jojo wrote:
oh and by the way, the economy is actually doing really well right now...i stopped watching fox news and really any news..and i realized that my life and my pay are actually not that bad. nor is it bad with anybody know who doesnt work at a strip joint. just saying. economy is no excuse for putting up with a bad position some place. maybe you should have gone to a real university instead of devry to learn some reading and writing. the only reason you stayed is because you thought, or you actually were, going to get in on some racket. admit it. bad mouthing someone for your own problems...haha...so columbian. i bet you were at tinys every night buying drinks for people you half ass. hell you are probably just another Eagles druggy junkie, God only knows there are enough of them in this town. Talk to Coach if you need something.
JoJO you sure do talk a lot of S**t, you don't even know who Iam but you want to say things about me. Well if we should ever meet up, I will show you just what a half ass Iam you low life punk. Anytime Anywhere!
Watching

Waterloo, IL

#15 Jun 11, 2012
Off the topic.....

This is the same JoJo that posted a thread with the title being a man's name, and called him rapist and drug addict.(the post was removed very quickly thankfully)

JoJo is the sketchiest poster on Topix. The guy he called rape on should be allowed to find out his name and put HIM on blast on TOPIX.

Come on TOPIX step it up. Just one poster being outed for wrong, negative, bashing posts and 80% of the crap stops. I think spitefully posting that a man is a rapist should be grounds enough.

Sorry to be off topic.
Watching

Waterloo, IL

#16 Jun 11, 2012
jojo wrote:
Obviously you're some outsider with a complex that you're better than this town because not one person in it likes you because of your negative attitude! How very "Columbian" of me to say, right?

Were you the one that man "Raped"?
OLD TIMER

Columbia, IL

#17 Jun 12, 2012
Why would anyone buy tires from a business for as long as I can remember allows the roads around them to become so unsafe. I know they don't own the road but any person with self respect would raise hell about a road in that condition near their personal residence let alone there family owned business. Trust me taco bell could care less about a little road in Columbia IL. If I owned a business that specified in tire sales I would have more respect for myself and my business and demand improvement on that road. I would have to think the tech is tell some truth about his old boss. He should get his boys out there and not pay them overtime to patch that road.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Worried 53 min R Rollo 12
Amy Mueller 53 min mike 3
Topix deleted my school shooting question WTF 4 hr Some guy 17
One amazing caring Veterinarian 7 hr R Rollo 9
Saturday Open Weight Challenge on Godin 7 hr R Rollo 1
pizza places 18 hr doinit 3
#me too 22 hr Speculator 6

Columbia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance