Is PFC orchestrating a debate
Good Luck Columbia

Waterloo, IL

#23 Mar 4, 2013
in throwing off the Hutchinson shackles.
Bad news

Waterloo, IL

#24 Mar 4, 2013
Brad has stated that he is anti growth several times wake up! We need growth it is coming and we could use the tax revenue and jobs!
Woody

Millstadt, IL

#25 Mar 4, 2013
Bad news wrote:
Brad has stated that he is anti growth several times wake up! We need growth it is coming and we could use the tax revenue and jobs!
He has never said he was against development. We do need growth, and Kevin has had 10 years. No self respecting citizen of this community should endorse or attend this event. You pfc people will say or do anything to distort the truth.
Weber

United States

#26 Mar 4, 2013
Well, I had a chance to do a little research over the past several weeks. Mr. Oberkfell has never stated in any meeting minutes or anywhere that has documentation of him that he is anti-growth. Because he did not support an illegal contract, does not make him anti-growth. It looks to me, that he was looking out for the best interest of the city, and I commend him for that. Actually I have a question...Why did our Mayor take a $2,000 campaign contribution from the same man that sued the city? Not only that, he allowed the city to enter into an agreement that was ruled illegal in a court of law. I think people need to wake up and really see what is going on here. We need a mayor that will look out for us, and Brad Oberkfell is that man!
Bad news wrote:
Brad has stated that he is anti growth several times wake up! We need growth it is coming and we could use the tax revenue and jobs!
Hmmmmmmmmmmm

United States

#27 Mar 4, 2013
If you want to see if he supported/supports development, maybe you should take the time to read past City Council minutes. You will see how many times he voted against it. Change of tune???
Riggdriver

United States

#28 Mar 4, 2013
Because he voted a certain way does not mean he is against development smart guy...Hmmmmmm. If you listen to the reason why he voted, you would know he did not support an illegal contract for the CC development. So if you really think about it, Kevin, Mary, Gene, and the rest of the council voted in favor of a CC development that should have never happened in the first place. Yet people like you hold them in such high regard....Piano has already been tuned....
Hmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:
If you want to see if he supported/supports development, maybe you should take the time to read past City Council minutes. You will see how many times he voted against it. Change of tune???
looked

Millstadt, IL

#29 Mar 4, 2013
I looked and only saw where he voted against material uses for buildings. This hardly states he is anti-development. Rather tells me he wants nice looking buildings in our town. Never once did I see anywhere he was quoted as saying he wanted NO DEVELOPMENT. Maybe I missed it, could you post the links to the minutes so we could all see.
Turk

United States

#30 Mar 4, 2013
He voted against the Freedom of Information Act. That's not cool.
Proof

Millstadt, IL

#31 Mar 4, 2013
Turk, can you provide us with the link to the minutes where this was done please.
Turk

United States

#32 Mar 4, 2013
You can look it up. Ord. 2764. Early jan, 2010.

All cities had to adopt it...and he didn't wanna. I guess it was too revealing? Who knows why.
phoned

Millstadt, IL

#33 Mar 4, 2013
Just phoned him, and asked Mr oberkfell about this. He stated he did not vote for it because of the ordinance language. It had nothing to do I would suggest all of you who have questions call him. He's a rather nice guy and open to talking to anyone. His website/contact info can be found at www.bradoberkfell.com
phoned

Millstadt, IL

#34 Mar 4, 2013
...it had nothing to do with it being to revealing.
(this somehow got deleted from my message above).
total

Millstadt, IL

#35 Mar 4, 2013
Event wrote:
So 20 to 40 people at an event publicized by a robo call to every home in Columbia...great return on that $3000 investment by Brads 3 contributors. The lawyer, the contractor and the druggist.
There were about a total of 100 people that came through throughout the day. I went because of the robo call. It was better than Hutchinson's 15 people that went to his event. What ever oberkfell spent on the robo call, was well worth it. It got me to go. Was a nice event too.
brad

United States

#36 Mar 4, 2013
It will be interesting to hear brad defend all of his votes of "present" or his practice of abstaining without cause. Of course we cant see the executive minutes from his time in office because of intrepid city clerk has yet to release any in his term even though its required by law..of course brad was rarely in favir of that either. Well first he has to grow a pair and actually show up.
crazy

Millstadt, IL

#37 Mar 4, 2013
brad wrote:
It will be interesting to hear brad defend all of his votes of "present" or his practice of abstaining without cause. Of course we cant see the executive minutes from his time in office because of intrepid city clerk has yet to release any in his term even though its required by law..of course brad was rarely in favir of that either. Well first he has to grow a pair and actually show up.
It was Mr Stumpf who always said "present" not Mr Oberkfell. If you're going to try to attempt to tell stories, at least get the story straight.
Riggdriver

United States

#38 Mar 4, 2013
Interesting, you call him out for abstaining, yet do not call out others on the current or previous council for doing the same thing. Never are they asked for their reasoning for abstaining, why is that? I know of many occasions where Kevin abstained yet he is not questioned....kind of hypocritical don't you think. You are quick to judge, but should you not be judged yourself? It will not be by me, but the good lord above. Be wary of your path for it leads to unrighteousness. Peace be with you.
brad wrote:
It will be interesting to hear brad defend all of his votes of "present" or his practice of abstaining without cause. Of course we cant see the executive minutes from his time in office because of intrepid city clerk has yet to release any in his term even though its required by law..of course brad was rarely in favir of that either. Well first he has to grow a pair and actually show up.
Brad

Waterloo, IL

#39 Mar 4, 2013
crazy wrote:
<quoted text>
It was Mr Stumpf who always said "present" not Mr Oberkfell. If you're going to try to attempt to tell stories, at least get the story straight.
Brad...Fred...Candace...Jay... Dan....so hard to tell the difference those years....lets just call them all Rita, at least that's accurate when it comes to their thought process and how they were told to vote at the pre meetings by the lake on Washington St.
PFC Buster

Waterloo, IL

#40 Mar 4, 2013
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
Brad...Fred...Candace...Jay... Dan....so hard to tell the difference those years....lets just call them all Rita, at least that's accurate when it comes to their thought process and how they were told to vote at the pre meetings by the lake on Washington St.
Bigdog is bitter.
crazy

Millstadt, IL

#42 Mar 4, 2013
so he did it once and you're b!tching about it? Grow up and grow a pair.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#43 Mar 4, 2013
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>Brad...Fred...Candace. ..Jay...Dan....so hard to tell the difference those years....lets just call them all Rita, at least that's accurate when it comes to their thought process and how they were told to vote at the pre meetings by the lake on Washington St.
All those fine upstanding citizens ran out of office because they were smart enough to see that this contract with Grewe was invalid and illegal. Kevin's and Wes' attempt to run another trusted citizen out of her job with an after hours job evaluation(after decades of outstanding service) ended up costing the citizens $50,000.00 and the stigma of discriminating against its own employees. One word....DIRTY

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brian Nobbe Amy Poole 1 hr matt 2
assistant city engineer needs moonlighting 6 hr Think About It 16
nasty 6 hr Think About It 4
Cody Atkins 18 hr I know 1
Big Crush Fri parking 1
Tiny's what a dump! (May '12) Fri Nosey 72
One for Trump Dec 3 whatever 17

Columbia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbia Mortgages