Is PFC orchestrating a debate

Posted in the Columbia Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
dirty dozen

Waterloo, IL

#1 Mar 1, 2013
I hope all candidates have the good sense to decline their invitation. Even Mayor Hutchinson should steer clear of this TIF love bunch.
Turk

United States

#2 Mar 1, 2013
At least somebody is doing it. Isn't the Chamber helping with it?
good news

United States

#3 Mar 1, 2013
I also heard the Chamber is taking part. What will Brads excuse be for skipping this time?
Credible government

Waterloo, IL

#6 Mar 3, 2013
I am sure if the Chamber holds the forum Brad O. will be their. Just hoping Wes H. Ron L., and Bigdog Bergman, don't write the forum questions again and pass them to their flav's again.
FYI

Millstadt, IL

#7 Mar 3, 2013
Credible government wrote:
I am sure if the Chamber holds the forum Brad O. will be their. Just hoping Wes H. Ron L., and Bigdog Bergman, don't write the forum questions again and pass them to their flav's again.
The Chamber is NOT sponsoring this event. It is sponsored by PFC. The chamber is "endorsing" it. If I were Oberkfell, I wouldn't go. All the members of PFC contribute to Hutchinson's campaign in one form or another. This is clearly a CONFLICT OF INTEREST.
Turk

United States

#8 Mar 3, 2013
Yeah Brad. Stay home. That helps.
sniffy

Waterloo, IL

#9 Mar 3, 2013
Spoke with Mr. Oberkfell today at his meet and greet. He is looking forward to the debate. He said it will actual be structured as a proper debate with topics pre specified but had some angst about the subject of Columbia's budget being left off the debate agenda.
went

Millstadt, IL

#10 Mar 3, 2013
sniffy wrote:
Spoke with Mr. Oberkfell today at his meet and greet. He is looking forward to the debate. He said it will actual be structured as a proper debate with topics pre specified but had some angst about the subject of Columbia's budget being left off the debate agenda.
Went too, and place was pretty packed. Was able to speak to him briefly and was pleased with what he had to say. We spoke about the budget, too. I brought it up because Hutchinson says it's balanced and strong, and anyone can tell it's not.
Turk

United States

#11 Mar 3, 2013
Hm. There were very few people I thought.
went

Millstadt, IL

#12 Mar 3, 2013
Turk wrote:
Hm. There were very few people I thought.
When I was there, i'd say prob 20 people were there. Had to wait my turn to talk, and signed the second page of sign in form. I'd say that was a good turn out if you ask me.
Event

Waterloo, IL

#13 Mar 3, 2013
So 20 to 40 people at an event publicized by a robo call to every home in Columbia...great return on that $3000 investment by Brads 3 contributors. The lawyer, the contractor and the druggist.
rlmm

Columbia, IL

#14 Mar 3, 2013
So, when and where is the pfc/chamber event? I would like to attend.
Candidate

Columbia, IL

#15 Mar 3, 2013
March 19th CMS 7pm
Columbia Candidate Forum

Columbia, IL

#16 Mar 3, 2013
The Columbia Chamber is endorsing Progress for Columbia’s Candidate Forum. Doors open at 6:00pm to meet the candidates. Forum starts at 7:00pm. Come to the Columbia Middle School meet and get to know the candidates on the ballot for the April 9, 2013 Election.
stinky Pete F C Lego

Waterloo, IL

#17 Mar 3, 2013
Candidate wrote:
March 19th CMS 7pm
Thank goodness;last time PFC had a debate they had the mayor tell their opponents the day before the forum.
Would love to know who is actually orchestrating the topics and is the moderator going to cheer lead his fav's again.
Belt Smelt

Waterloo, IL

#18 Mar 3, 2013
Event wrote:
So 20 to 40 people at an event publicized by a robo call to every home in Columbia...great return on that $3000 investment by Brads 3 contributors. The lawyer, the contractor and the druggist.
Jealousy will get you nowhere.
cool

Waterloo, IL

#19 Mar 3, 2013
a contractor is supporting a man for mayor who is against growth? What a moron!
Steve

Millstadt, IL

#20 Mar 3, 2013
Actually, when I talked with Brad today, I learned it was really inexpensive and cost less than $100. So I think it was a great return on his investment based on the number of people that attended.
Event wrote:
Credible government

Waterloo, IL

#21 Mar 3, 2013
cool wrote:
Now are you comparing TIF on steroids to benefit destructive Big Box to growth, now you sound like you should be on council. Mr. Oberkfeld supports growth, heck he is an architect, they make their living building.
Mitch

Millstadt, IL

#22 Mar 3, 2013
How can someone who never states they are against development be such? You see a stigma has been placed on Mr Oberkfell by the current mayor, because he views him as a threat. He is definitely not against development and has supported it many times. I am happy to support someone who cares about Columbia's future, while preserving it's past. The current mayor continues to make himself and his agenda the priority. Columbia deserves better!
cool wrote:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I hate stupid fat knee gers 29 min Richard Rollo 1
Dupo sluts! (Jul '16) 1 hr You like tranny 11
Why did she let those kids die 7 hr The real Mike Wil... 11
What "smash your face in" really means 7 hr The real Mike Wil... 32
Stupid statments 14 hr Dana 3
Looking for full blooded female Labrador to bre... May 20 Millstadt 69 5
Congressional Seat May 19 Hercurmer 3

Columbia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance