Why is the Monroe County court house ...

Why is the Monroe County court house still off line.

Posted in the Columbia Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
I am stupid

Waterloo, IL

#1 Oct 3, 2012
Can not find a thing on the internet for research.
Every other court house is on line. Who are the dolts running that place. Every time I go there for research I get absolutely no help.
local researcher

Waterloo, IL

#2 Oct 3, 2012
Yes, you must be !!!! I do probate cases for a law firm and most counties in our state are not on line. As far as getting no help, have you checked your attitude lately? Everyone goes out of their way for me. P.S. Try visiting some of the other court houses in our area and see how well you are treated, you'd be shocked
Pulitzer

Millstadt, IL

#3 Oct 3, 2012
The county has no money to upgrade the technology that it needs to make information on line accessible. I can't disagree most people are very nice at the courthouse, it's a shame they are all in their 60's and 70's. Two of the ladies that work in the circuit clerks office are both in their 70's. Is this what we want for the future of our county.
Barack

Smithton, IL

#4 Oct 3, 2012
Other counties you can research deeds, maps, building permits, licenses, commissioners meeting minutes(all the minutes not just what they want you stupid ass taxpayer to see). Zoning laws, county committee meeting times, who is on those committees, and their officers. Budget, ledger, where our money is deposited and invested. The taxpayer is getting fleeced by this counties elected officials and their friends. Vote them out of the courthouse, NOW!
citizen

Waterloo, IL

#5 Oct 3, 2012
Barack wrote:
Other counties you can research deeds, maps, building permits, licenses, commissioners meeting minutes(all the minutes not just what they want you stupid ass taxpayer to see). Zoning laws, county committee meeting times, who is on those committees, and their officers. Budget, ledger, where our money is deposited and invested. The taxpayer is getting fleeced by this counties elected officials and their friends. Vote them out of the courthouse, NOW!
Tell the commissioners of your concerns, they only have so much money to go around. Also, I think it is against the law to fire someone because of their age. I believe there is only one lady that is pretty well passed retirement age, but if she can do her job, then shut your pie hole!!! Man, can you tell it is an election year or what.
I am stupid

Waterloo, IL

#6 Oct 4, 2012
citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell the commissioners of your concerns, they only have so much money to go around. Also, I think it is against the law to fire someone because of their age. I believe there is only one lady that is pretty well passed retirement age, but if she can do her job, then shut your pie hole!!! Man, can you tell it is an election year or what.
CAN'T FIRE anyone for age, but what if their STUPID.
Finally

Columbia, IL

#7 Oct 4, 2012
I am stupid wrote:
<quoted text>
CAN'T FIRE anyone for age, but what if their STUPID.
That would be "they're."
Jack Kelly

Millstadt, IL

#8 Oct 4, 2012
citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry citizen, their are 2 ladies who are in their 70's and another one, an appointed official who is 60. They should retire now and give those jobs to people who are fighting to support their families in this economy. You do know that they will all get a fantastic retirement and benefits thanks to the state of Il. I would stick around too.
Known

Waterloo, IL

#9 Oct 4, 2012
Barack wrote:
Investing money with friends instead of trying to get the best interest rate?
Martha

United States

#10 Oct 4, 2012
Jack Kelly wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry citizen, their are 2 ladies who are in their 70's and another one, an appointed official who is 60. They should retire now and give those jobs to people who are fighting to support their families in this economy. You do know that they will all get a fantastic retirement and benefits thanks to the state of Il. I would stick around too.
Here is the alternative, Jack Kelly. The opposing candidate is dumber than a box of rocks and knows nothing about the clerk's office. He, and his wife, are looking for jobs and they want to take a ride on the backs of the Monroe County taxpayers. The office runs efficiently and shame on you for battering people because of their age. The Republicans have more than one candidate who is past 60 - even 70. FYI, I can pull up Monroe County Courthouse information on my pc. You must not know what you are doing!
Columbia Citizen

Waterloo, IL

#11 Oct 4, 2012
Jack Kelly wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe the gentleman running for County Commissioner is in his mid seventies. What is the matter Jack, you don't like women? One of these "older ladies", as you call them is my aunt. How dare you insult her. She has been a dedicated public servant for many years (yes, I said many) and deserves respect. By the way JK, I know who you are and you should be ashamed of yourself.
Martha

United States

#12 Oct 4, 2012
Barack wrote:
All this information is available through FOIA. I think our small county is doing a great job by NOT fleecing the taxpayers for your satisfaction. Most of your questions can be answered by a simple visit to the courthouse or by calling a commissioner. You're trying to fix something that isn't broken.
I am stupid

Waterloo, IL

#13 Oct 4, 2012
Finally wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be "they're."
i is sTupit
Homeland Defense

Waterloo, IL

#14 Oct 5, 2012
Pulitzer wrote:
The county has no money to upgrade the technology that it needs to make information on line accessible. I can't disagree most people are very nice at the courthouse, it's a shame they are all in their 60's and 70's. Two of the ladies that work in the circuit clerks office are both in their 70's. Is this what we want for the future of our county.
Lets have an auction and sell the disaster preparedness equipment that is rusting away waiting for that earthquake, New Madrdid, to repeat or was it to prevent some muslim attack. Than use those funds to get the heck on line please.
Columbia Citizen

Waterloo, IL

#15 Oct 5, 2012
Homeland Defense wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets have an auction and sell the disaster preparedness equipment that is rusting away waiting for that earthquake, New Madrdid, to repeat or was it to prevent some muslim attack. Than use those funds to get the heck on line please.
Yes, you say that now, BUT I would rather be prepared. Right, an auction, where you get pennys on the dollar for equipment that you may need in the future. I trust the Commissioners to watch out for our health and safety. I also believe that these items were purchased with grant money, so much for you grand idea. Have a good day and be safe out there!!!
Pete

United States

#16 Oct 5, 2012
Homeland Defense wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did you go to school?
Homeland Defense

Waterloo, IL

#17 Oct 5, 2012
home schuuled
Jack Kelly

Millstadt, IL

#18 Oct 6, 2012
Martha wrote:
<quoted text>Here is the alternative, Jack Kelly. The opposing candidate is dumber than a box of rocks and knows nothing about the clerk's office. He, and his wife, are looking for jobs and they want to take a ride on the backs of the Monroe County taxpayers. The office runs efficiently and shame on you for battering people because of their age. The Republicans have more than one candidate who is past 60 - even 70. FYI, I can pull up Monroe County Courthouse information on my pc. You must not know what you are doing!
It's a good thing when people challenge for those full time dept head positions at the courthouse. Nothing wrong with running for a full time job? Look him up on his website. Why wouldn't the taxpayers want a business professional in the clerks office. The office runs efficiently on DOS green screen from the 1980's with no hope of doing any upgrades, they just aren't trained for it. What did the current appointee know about that office when it was given to her. The gop may have 1 older candidate, but he got his name on the ballot, and the people voted him their candidate. Just wondering those ladies that work there who are in their 70's, do they collect their social security checks while getting their 50,000 a year salary and benies. Just a taxpayer wondering?
split-ticket person

Waterloo, IL

#19 Oct 6, 2012
The office has been upgraded. Guess what, they are even connected to the internet. LOL You are so far off base with the $50,000 a year salary, it is laughable. The GOP candidate is collecting no less than 2, count them, 2 retirement packages. I would surely get my facts straight before spouting off in a public forum. Here you go again, wanting to fire the older people. A business professional?
I think we already have one in there. That Lady has earned her stripes, sure she may have been appointed, but she has done an excellent job from the very beginning. I happen to be a 68 year employed person, what should happen to me in a couple of years? Just wondering
Emily

Waterloo, IL

#20 Oct 6, 2012
The County Commissioners set the budget, and from what I hear, there is some chopping to be done.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Can a McDonalds survive in Millstadt. (Apr '15) 1 hr Richard Rollo 32
Midcoast relocating 3 hr The real Mike Wil... 5
His hand 3 hr The real Mike Wil... 18
Friday Night Fights on Godin 9 hr No No 23
Wilscum is how old 9 hr No No 12
This sucks 9 hr ha ha 21
Any dogs need a date tonight 9 hr ha ha 5

Columbia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance