Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBS2

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Comments
30,701 - 30,720 of 49,477 Comments Last updated 8 hrs ago
excuse me but

AOL

#35683 Oct 21, 2012
"She" is already married to your wife, she got her way!
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The straight man in me married. The lesbian would need to marry a man to be married.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#35684 Oct 21, 2012
excuse me but wrote:
"She" is already married to your wife, she got her way!
<quoted text>
'She' is not on the marriage license. Even if she was, it still would not be marriage. She did however get the love and friendship of an amazing woman.

Sometimes what we desire is not possible or good.
excuse me but

AOL

#35685 Oct 21, 2012
Lee was born Leila, he transitioned as an adult, but not a complete transition. Lee is legally a man now and happily married to a woman, they welcomed their first child 2 years ago. Do you have a problem with that marriage? It seems quite similar to yours, you chose to live as a man not a woman - you had a choice that most others don't have.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
'She' is not on the marriage license. Even if she was, it still would not be marriage. She did however get the love and friendship of an amazing woman.
Sometimes what we desire is not possible or good.

Location hidden

#35686 Oct 21, 2012
excuse me but wrote:
Lee was born Leila, he transitioned as an adult, but not a complete transition. Lee is legally a man now and happily married to a woman, they welcomed their first child 2 years ago. Do you have a problem with that marriage? It seems quite similar to yours, you chose to live as a man not a woman - you had a choice that most others don't have.
<quoted text>
Please note that Leila recognized a genetic defect, right? And at least partially corrected a problem.

Second,'Lee' and his wife did not welcome 'their' first child. Only one of them can be a genetic parent.

To answer your question, both my sons are the genetic offspring of my wife and I, not the lesbian in me.

SS couples have every right and ability to pursue gay unions. It will never be marriage.
Mona Lott

Brooklyn, NY

#35687 Oct 22, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Please note that Leila recognized a genetic defect, right? And at least partially corrected a problem.
Second,'Lee' and his wife did not welcome 'their' first child. Only one of them can be a genetic parent.
To answer your question, both my sons are the genetic offspring of my wife and I, not the lesbian in me.
SS couples have every right and ability to pursue gay unions. It will never be marriage.
You have every right to your opinion. Too bad your opinions are not facts.

Location hidden

#35688 Oct 22, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
You have every right to your opinion. Too bad your opinions are not facts.
Please, be specific.

What did I say above that is not factual?

Look forward to your answer.

Bazinga!
Angel of Death

Saint Louis, MO

#35690 Oct 23, 2012
This thread keeps coming back.
Like a bad zombie movie.
Die Die Die my darling.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#35691 Oct 23, 2012
Angel of Death wrote:
This thread keeps coming back.
Like a bad zombie movie.
Die Die Die my darling.
You really need a new hobby...
Angel of Death

Saint Louis, MO

#35692 Oct 23, 2012
Just trying to "cure" you of your obvious obsession.
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
You really need a new hobby...

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#35693 Oct 23, 2012
Angel of Death wrote:
Just trying to "cure" you of your obvious obsession.
<quoted text>
You mean freedom of speech?
Done Deal

United States

#35694 Oct 23, 2012
Just cast my early vote for ROMNEY/RYAN.

I don't normally do this but for everyone else on the ballot I voted straight Republican for everything including the county coroner with the exception of one person. The biggest reason for that is reading the nit wit liberal comments here. I am sick of the destruction inflicted on our economy by people who are irresponsible and clueless about economic reality. It is my hope that my vote will get liberal hands out of my wallet.
Angel of Death

Saint Louis, MO

#35695 Oct 23, 2012
Nope.
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean freedom of speech?
read 1234

Tonica, IL

#35698 Oct 23, 2012
yes
holier than now

Saint Louis, MO

#35699 Oct 24, 2012
YOU people need re-programming.
Then you will see how sinful you really are!!!!
Repent!
Samatha

Dallas, TX

#35702 Oct 24, 2012
Don't forget they love that smell! All of the Obamanites love the scent of bull-s...!
The DOMA act was overturned because the Obama administration refused to defend the law. This is the new strategy to force the Gay anti -Christian agenda down the throats of the American people, just don't defend the law!
This way the Obama administration can blame it on the courts and escape the wrath of the voters.
Hopefully by the time it reaches the U.S. Supreme Court we will have an administration that will defend the law.
In the meantime Gays are raving how the courts have condoned homosexuality normal!
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay unions have been afforded many rights in the Federal arena. You know that.
You also know that gays can pursue legitimate rights under gay unions on a Federal basis, JUST THE SAME AS THEY ARE TRYING TO IMPOSE A FAKE RELATIONSHIP ON MARRIAGE.
I smell BS.
voice

United States

#35704 Oct 24, 2012
i have always been taught it was a sin. I find it very unnatural but I agree with many other comments Life is short be with who you love. No one has a right to judge another because their "sin" is different than another. In the end all that4 matters is how you lived your life and how you treat others. When the power of love overcomes the love of power then there will be peace. Sadly people feel the need to overpower each otjer in their beliefs.
Holier than now

Saint Louis, MO

#35705 Oct 24, 2012
Hell fire
Gnasing of TEETH
Fear will keep you on the straight and narrow.
voice wrote:
i have always been taught it was a sin. I find it very unnatural but I agree with many other comments Life is short be with who you love. No one has a right to judge another because their "sin" is different than another. In the end all that4 matters is how you lived your life and how you treat others. When the power of love overcomes the love of power then there will be peace. Sadly people feel the need to overpower each otjer in their beliefs.
stopgayabuse

Portland, OR

#35706 Oct 24, 2012
This is great! marriage equality is so important. I found this great website that is trying to change the negative perception at stopgayabuse.com if you have a minute, check it out.
stopreligiousper secution

Saint Louis, MO

#35708 Oct 25, 2012
please

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#35709 Oct 25, 2012
"Obama's net favorability in Virginia is up 7 pts and Mitt Romney's is down 7 pts from our last poll"

PPP

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Columbia, IL daycare story on KSDK 5 news last ... 4 hr big louie 87
Schnucks 8 hr DOR 12
Police support 10 hr hatechs 12
CHS Breakfast 10 hr hatechs 6
Jeff & Mandy Herring owe you $$? 12 hr Nice 5
dopers 16 hr tnj 10
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 22 hr newpoly 1,903
•••
•••
•••