Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-S...

Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

There are 52074 comments on the CBS2 story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions. In it, CBS2 reports that:

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS2.

Religionthebigli e

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#33595 May 26, 2012
robot chicken wrote:
<quoted text> Your an evil person with your heart full of hate . Your a lost cause all of the hate you have for people that don't agree with you is disturbing. Mark my words your extreme radical beliefs one day will be your down fall .
You're a nut job and a drama queen! The hate's coming from you. If you consider my opinions an attack, that's your lack of understanding, and it's YOUR problem.
Knowledge

United States

#33596 May 26, 2012
dances with weebles wrote:
<quoted text>
and this is really all you needed to say. you don't have to butter it up and put jam on it because this is what jesus taught us.
what he taught us is that we must unlearn everything that we think that we have learned, and forget everything that we think that we know and then allow the spirit of the creator to guide us. he also taught us to question everything... even our own hearts and even the existence of god because in asking questions and through skepticism comes knowledge and wisdom.
you and other folks who lean toward a baptist doctrine teach us that the bible is 'the inerrant word of god'. that, however, is not completely true for in the bible there are a lot of words of man written as well. you can't forget, either, that the bible was compiled from writings of men, by a group of men... not the divine. a good example of this is the fact that three of the four gospels weren't written by anybody who ever knew jesus. they were paraphrased and written from memories by someone who had had glimpses of the writings of another gospel before he had been found out and had had the scrolls hidden away from him so that he couldn't give them to the roman church for 'cleansing'.
you accuse me of not knowing, or trusting in the bible, but in turn i accuse you of exactly the opposite... of not knowing the bible simply because you have trusted in the words of men. do you understand what i'm trying to explain to you here? you also claim that i am a false pastor simply due to the fact that i believe that god doesn't separate us by denominations, or even by 'religions'. our common creator loves us all equally...(s)he doesn't put us into little boxes labeled 'methodists','baptists','catho lics','pagans' and such, but keeps all sitting together so that (s)he can gaze on the beauty of his creation.
as an aside, can you tell me the worship practices of pagans? are they so different from yours?
I have read the Bible. I won't argue with you about this. You have your opinion, and I have mine. You think I am mixed up, I think you are. I am not bending and neither are you. It is obvious we do not agree so we should stop talking religion with each other.When you mentioned voodoo and all the things that are against God, I had nothing else to say. Denominations are not even a issue, part of my family is Baptist, some Pentecost, Church of God, Christian, and Methodist.They all are seperate, from the other to prevent confusion. You do what you do, and I will do the same. I don't hate you, but I simply don't agree with you. You are not bringing the truth forward, you are mixing it up with all the beliefs, and that is confusion, as the Bible teaches. I will take no part in that. You seem to have anger issues about it, to change the Bible. That is on you, I want no part of voodoo crap, or whatever you allow in your sanctuary. I am not pushing my religion on you, why do you want to push yours on me? If we believe in the same God then let me be. I don't know what spirit you have been listening to but it is not the God of Abraham, he is a jealous God. I really don't want to get into with you about it. We all have our beliefs, so you believe what you want, and I will believe what I want. We can all just get along, you do your thing and I will do mine. Or are you trying to take that right away from me? I do believe God judges are hearts and not the denomination, but if you don't believe and you mock God there is nothing to judge? I also believe what the Bible says. I have read other things , I have searched through the years. I put my faith in no man, that means NO man. I do my own research, through prayer and fasting, and studying GOD'S word. If someone preaches something I don't agree with I search it out and find out for myself. I have nothing to prove to you, and you have nothing to prove to me. I do not go by the Baptist doctrine, I am Pentecostal .
Knowledge

United States

#33597 May 26, 2012
Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
I just looked into that story. That tornado killed 116 people. The deadliest single tornado on record in Joplin. Doesn't sound very miraculous for those people.
Evidently you didn't read about the little baby being thrown 2 miles, without a scratch. There was a child who was picked up in mid air in their house. The mother grabbed her child, then she was picked up, her husband grabbed his wife, then he got picked up. He said he yelled to God, and asked him to help him hold on to his family. When it was all over he had hand prints on his shoulder something held him down. There are many stories like that if you search. It was a unfortunate incident, many died that day. Many survived that said they shouldn't have. You have to admit there are many things out there no one will ever be able to explain.....Funny most of those people in that town, were thanking God for allowing them to live. I am only giving the information, you have to search for it yourself, there was some great stories that came out and really makes a person humble and thankful to be alive.
Knowledge

United States

#33598 May 26, 2012
TXgurl wrote:
<quoted text>
They were pointing out that being gay is not a choice and being a Christian is... a lifestyle is something you choose. Trust me, I did not choose to be attracted to other women and I tried for most of my life to be straight. I did this for my family and to be accepted by society, but I got to the point where I couldn't get up every day and pretend to be someone I am not. I am sure that there are some people who choose to be gay for whatever reason, but I assure you, when I was 11 and noticing other girls instead of noticing the guys when I was going through puberty it was not a choice I made. I didn't even know what being gay was at that time.
You just keep your head up, and continue to study and search the Bible. I believe God will show you everything you want to know, in His time, not yours. There are reasons for everything, just remember God loves you no matter what anyone tells you. Where man will fail you God will not. Don't give up on God, He will never give up on you.
Knowledge

United States

#33599 May 26, 2012
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
So god punished everyone else on her block because they didn't pray hard enough?
Sounds like a tool...
You know,I guess you would have to have that discussion with God.LOL You would have to ask those people in Joplin. My guess is as good as yours. Somethings may never be explained. You have been around long enough to know that.LOL

Religionthebigli e

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#33600 May 26, 2012
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidently you didn't read about the little baby being thrown 2 miles, without a scratch. There was a child who was picked up in mid air in their house. The mother grabbed her child, then she was picked up, her husband grabbed his wife, then he got picked up. He said he yelled to God, and asked him to help him hold on to his family. When it was all over he had hand prints on his shoulder something held him down. There are many stories like that if you search. It was a unfortunate incident, many died that day. Many survived that said they shouldn't have. You have to admit there are many things out there no one will ever be able to explain.....Funny most of those people in that town, were thanking God for allowing them to live. I am only giving the information, you have to search for it yourself, there was some great stories that came out and really makes a person humble and thankful to be alive.
They're stories. People make them what they want them to be.

Religionthebigli e

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#33601 May 26, 2012
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
You just keep your head up, and continue to study and search the Bible. I believe God will show you everything you want to know, in His time, not yours. There are reasons for everything, just remember God loves you no matter what anyone tells you. Where man will fail you God will not. Don't give up on God, He will never give up on you.
The followers of the god say otherwise. Why should she take your word for it? Most of them claim that the only way she will be in the god's good graces is to stop loving her girlfriend. That would constitute having to live a lie. Lying is a damnable sin, according to the bible.

The passages of the bible about sexuality are somewhat ambiguous and open for interpretation. The passages on lying are very clear cut.

“laugh until your belly hurts”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#33602 May 26, 2012
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
I have read the Bible. I won't argue with you about this. You have your opinion, and I have mine. You think I am mixed up, I think you are. I am not bending and neither are you. It is obvious we do not agree so we should stop talking religion with each other.When you mentioned voodoo and all the things that are against God, I had nothing else to say. Denominations are not even a issue, part of my family is Baptist, some Pentecost, Church of God, Christian, and Methodist.They all are seperate, from the other to prevent confusion. You do what you do, and I will do the same. I don't hate you, but I simply don't agree with you. You are not bringing the truth forward, you are mixing it up with all the beliefs, and that is confusion, as the Bible teaches. I will take no part in that. You seem to have anger issues about it, to change the Bible. That is on you, I want no part of voodoo crap, or whatever you allow in your sanctuary. I am not pushing my religion on you, why do you want to push yours on me? If we believe in the same God then let me be. I don't know what spirit you have been listening to but it is not the God of Abraham, he is a jealous God. I really don't want to get into with you about it. We all have our beliefs, so you believe what you want, and I will believe what I want. We can all just get along, you do your thing and I will do mine. Or are you trying to take that right away from me? I do believe God judges are hearts and not the denomination, but if you don't believe and you mock God there is nothing to judge? I also believe what the Bible says. I have read other things , I have searched through the years. I put my faith in no man, that means NO man. I do my own research, through prayer and fasting, and studying GOD'S word. If someone preaches something I don't agree with I search it out and find out for myself. I have nothing to prove to you, and you have nothing to prove to me. I do not go by the Baptist doctrine, I am Pentecostal .
sorry... pentecostals follow a baptist doctrine. get used to it.

'They all are seperate, from the other to prevent confusion.'

the denominations were separated due to arguing over doctrine... that's all.
almighty

Joliet, IL

#33603 May 26, 2012
Who gives a shit .....get a life n mind your bussiness

“laugh until your belly hurts”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#33604 May 26, 2012
Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
The followers of the god say otherwise. Why should she take your word for it? Most of them claim that the only way she will be in the god's good graces is to stop loving her girlfriend. That would constitute having to live a lie. Lying is a damnable sin, according to the bible.
The passages of the bible about sexuality are somewhat ambiguous and open for interpretation. The passages on lying are very clear cut.
and oddly enough, there's not one instance in the bible of homosexuality being called a 'sin'. funny, huh? i can even give you a complete list of all the words in both hebrew and greek which equate to 'sin' or can possibly be translated to mean 'sin' and i will challenge you to find any of them connected to homosexuality in either the old testament or the new.

Religionthebigli e

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#33605 May 26, 2012
dances with weebles wrote:
<quoted text>
and oddly enough, there's not one instance in the bible of homosexuality being called a 'sin'. funny, huh? i can even give you a complete list of all the words in both hebrew and greek which equate to 'sin' or can possibly be translated to mean 'sin' and i will challenge you to find any of them connected to homosexuality in either the old testament or the new.
It's called an abomination, yet there are very few people who can claim that there isn't an abomination with their name on it. They can't understand why anyone calls them hypocrites.

What about the grand daddy of them all, the ten commandments? Is there anyone who hasn't broken the ninth ad nauseum? Not to mention the coveting, adultery (real or imagined), etc.

The old testament is so much more gory and fun for social conservatives. Forget about the christ teachings, all that loving your brother and not judging is only for the liberals.
Knowledge

United States

#33606 May 26, 2012
Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
They're stories. People make them what they want them to be.
I knew you would say that! LOL :) You have to say not all things can be explained by logic...there are some things in this huge universe no man can explain....(yet) LOL :) I just need you to just say it once.LOL hehehe

Religionthebigli e

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#33607 May 26, 2012
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew you would say that! LOL :) You have to say not all things can be explained by logic...there are some things in this huge universe no man can explain....(yet) LOL :) I just need you to just say it once.LOL hehehe
I'll agree that there are things that can't readily be explained. Why is it necessary to insert a supernatural cause for unexplained occurrences?

Religionthebigli e

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#33608 May 26, 2012
I found another story of a baby who survived a ride in a tornado in New Pekin, Indiana. Everyone was calling it a miracle baby who was saved by angels. That baby later died in the hospital.
Knowledge

United States

#33609 May 26, 2012
Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
The followers of the god say otherwise. Why should she take your word for it? Most of them claim that the only way she will be in the god's good graces is to stop loving her girlfriend. That would constitute having to live a lie. Lying is a damnable sin, according to the bible.
The passages of the bible about sexuality are somewhat ambiguous and open for interpretation. The passages on lying are very clear cut.
You know, a lot of people interpret the Bible in different ways. I myself believe if you read the Bible with a pure heart,(open) God allows a person to understand what they believe to know. Some people lie and cheat, so they should keep their mouths shut. Some people are bad alcoholics, so they should not go to bars, but there are some people can go to a bar, and talk to others have a glass of wine and go home, it wasn't harmful to them. Everyone is different, we all have things to work on. God has his ways of dealing with me, showing me what is right or wrong. The only unforgivable sin in the bible is blasphemy against the Holy Ghost. My belief is asking God for forgiveness of my sins, knowing and unknowing.(Like if I hurt someones feelings and I didn't know it.) Everyone has to work out their own salvation. Without reading God's word, you don't always know what is right or wrong sometimes. What it boils down to, is reading God's word and let God help you understand it. I certainly can not judge anyone, you have to read the whole bible, not parts to understand it. Some people can do that, and still not understand one word because they didn't read it with an open heart. I don't think Tx Gurl will take anyone's word for it, she is smart enough, she has read parts of the Bible. She has just been hurt by some people who didn't show wisdom. She seems to have a good head on her shoulders. We all have freewill. So what are you saying about lieing? Do you think I am lieing? Or is it you want me to tell everyone they are all going to hell? I have to worry about my own backyard, my job is to tell people to read the word of God. The rest is on them. After a person does that, then that is between them and God, not me.
Knowledge

United States

#33610 May 26, 2012
Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll agree that there are things that can't readily be explained. Why is it necessary to insert a supernatural cause for unexplained occurrences?
Don't you want a more colorful life?LOL hehehe Everything doesn't have to be so dull, and have answers for it...:) Sometimes it is good just to sit back and relax and not worry about where it comes from just be thankful it did. In my case I believe in God, and that give ME comfort...:)
Knowledge

United States

#33611 May 26, 2012
Religionthebiglie wrote:
I found another story of a baby who survived a ride in a tornado in New Pekin, Indiana. Everyone was calling it a miracle baby who was saved by angels. That baby later died in the hospital.
I don't have the answers...I wish I did.
Knowledge

United States

#33612 May 26, 2012
dances with weebles wrote:
<quoted text>
sorry... pentecostals follow a baptist doctrine. get used to it.
'They all are seperate, from the other to prevent confusion.'
the denominations were separated due to arguing over doctrine... that's all.
Actually they don't. The Baptists believe once saved always saved. Pentecostals do not. Since you are not either, you wouldn't know that with all of your education. That is a very big issue with the denominations. Yes, they all are separate like I said, to prevent confusion.? I have been saying that. Why do you want to continuously quarrel with me? Are you not suppose to keep peace everywhere you go? I thought that was mandatory for every preacher, minister and priest , isn't it?

Religionthebigli e

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#33613 May 26, 2012
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you want a more colorful life?LOL hehehe Everything doesn't have to be so dull, and have answers for it...:) Sometimes it is good just to sit back and relax and not worry about where it comes from just be thankful it did. In my case I believe in God, and that give ME comfort...:)
I find the natural world to be anything but dull or non-colorful.

Religionthebigli e

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#33614 May 26, 2012
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have the answers...I wish I did.
I'm sorry, but you seemed to have all the answers when you claimed that the other baby was a miracle. Why have an answer for one, but not the other? The god works in mysterious ways? I don't buy it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
peppers house 4 hr Gospel 2
Cahokia Trucking/Cahokia Hauling (May '11) 6 hr Auntie Mae 16
Drunk Fire Department 7 hr Demand Better 18
Monroe county fair 8 hr Brian Buttlick 14
oh no 10 hr not too cool 10
Tow/Impoundment Fees By Cahokia Police (Dec '13) 11 hr your problem 48
Female Problems Jul 22 Monya 4

Columbia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbia Mortgages