new to Columbia

Waterloo, IL

#1 Jul 18, 2008
How is JLP for a builder? We are thinking about building a house.
So I heard

United States

#2 Jul 18, 2008
new to Columbia wrote:
I heard they do some crappy work but don't base your decision on that. You can't always believe what you here. I think they work with Fithian Brothers Masonry too. Now there is a company you definetly want to stay away from.
A FRIEND

Monon, IN

#3 Jul 18, 2008
New to Columbia, i wouldn't even listen to SO I HEARD- aka SARA, she only thinks she knows everything about everything ! She goes to every topix & runs her useless mouth starting crap & fights with everyone.
What

Waterloo, IL

#4 Jul 18, 2008
A FRIEND wrote:
New to Columbia, i wouldn't even listen to SO I HEARD- aka SARA, she only thinks she knows everything about everything ! She goes to every topix & runs her useless mouth starting crap & fights with everyone.
You are kind of like a what is known as a "shock jock". We start reading a topic and there you are. May I ask if you take seriously the people who post on topics or if you enjoy the thrill of posting aggressive remarks? I seriously want to know.
A FRIEND

Granite City, IL

#5 Jul 18, 2008
What wrote:
<quoted text>You are kind of like a what is known as a "shock jock". We start reading a topic and there you are. May I ask if you take seriously the people who post on topics or if you enjoy the thrill of posting aggressive remarks? I seriously want to know.
WOW ! You sreiously want to know? LOL Sara & her friends { mostly Sara } likes to follow me to every topix just to start shit, seriously. I am pretty nice to everyone else & she still follows me to them just to stir up shit. Now that you have your serious answer why do you want to know? Maybe cause you're a friend of hers? Stop helping her look like the fool she is, people are going to think you're a fool too.
BTW, you can go to any topix & see how she likes to start shit with me, unless you know that already { seriously }. LOL
I don't feel i have to answer to you or anyone else for that matter, just think everyone should see Sara's true colors { seriously }.
A FRIEND

Granite City, IL

#6 Jul 18, 2008
What wrote:
<quoted text>You are kind of like a what is known as a "shock jock". We start reading a topic and there you are. May I ask if you take seriously the people who post on topics or if you enjoy the thrill of posting aggressive remarks? I seriously want to know.
Oh, that's right. You have to talk for Sara cause she said she won't argue with me although she wants to keep stirring the pot.

My question to you is, why in the hell can't you people talk for yourself? I mean SERIOUSLY. Are you girls that immature? No, seriously. Can you answer that? LMAO
You guys do look really foolish.
What

Waterloo, IL

#7 Jul 18, 2008
A FRIEND wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, that's right. You have to talk for Sara cause she said she won't argue with me although she wants to keep stirring the pot.
My question to you is, why in the hell can't you people talk for yourself? I mean SERIOUSLY. Are you girls that immature? No, seriously. Can you answer that? LMAO
You guys do look really foolish.
Actually, I don't know who Sara is. But I do see that you do like to argue. That was a honest request. My goodness, you can't be serious. Are you really that ate up with this? You know it is just topix site. I wouldn't let myself get all worked up over people on a place where anyone can mock anyone. Then again, you could be a twelve or thirteen year old child. How would I know the difference?
What

Waterloo, IL

#8 Jul 18, 2008
Please if you are an adult, YOU are making yourself look like not only a fool but a complete hoosier. Go back to where you came from. You will not survive here. We don't like to behave the way you are.

For the person who posted this site, I am sorry that it has been ruined by this type of behavior. Columbia is a very nice town. You will really like living here. We have a VERY low crime rate. The police here do not allow it to be any other way. The taxpayers? Well, we are glad they keep our town safe.
A FRIEND

Granite City, IL

#9 Jul 18, 2008
What wrote:
YEA, you sound so MATURE ! LMAO
You started this, didn't ya? I wasn't even talking to you or about you. If you don't like what i have to say, don't read & mind your own business. SERIOUSLY ! LOL
What

Waterloo, IL

#10 Jul 18, 2008
A FRIEND wrote:
<quoted text>YEA, you sound so MATURE ! LMAO
You started this, didn't ya? I wasn't even talking to you or about you. If you don't like what i have to say, don't read & mind your own business. SERIOUSLY ! LOL
Okay. Done with you. Move on.
A FRIEND

Granite City, IL

#11 Jul 18, 2008
What wrote:
<quoted text>Okay. Done with you. Move on.
Thank You ! Moving on now ! LOL
grow up

Saint Louis, MO

#12 Jul 21, 2008
new to Columbia wrote:
Okay, back ONTO topic...sorry, I've never heard of JLP but check out the Better Business Bureau. they may be able to give you a better idea on how JLP is. I've never even heard of them actually.
So I heard

United States

#13 Jul 22, 2008
grow up wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, back ONTO topic...sorry, I've never heard of JLP but check out the Better Business Bureau. they may be able to give you a better idea on how JLP is. I've never even heard of them actually.
Good idea!
bertha

Waterloo, IL

#14 Oct 16, 2008
I would stay away from them. Look around - there are better builders.
your choice

Saint Louis, MO

#15 Oct 22, 2008
I'd stay away from JLP. They build a lot of houses in Waterloo, and I just think there is a lot better quality out there. That's just my opinion though. If I remember correctly they are building a new subdivision in Waterloo just past Walmart/Schnucks on the left. If you are seriously considering using them maybe ask if you can walk through one of their homes and judge for yourself.
B Vila

United States

#16 Oct 23, 2008
your choice wrote:
I'd stay away from JLP. They build a lot of houses in Waterloo, and I just think there is a lot better quality out there. That's just my opinion though. If I remember correctly they are building a new subdivision in Waterloo just past Walmart/Schnucks on the left. If you are seriously considering using them maybe ask if you can walk through one of their homes and judge for yourself.
You're being too hard on JLP - what could possibly go wrong?
your choice

Saint Louis, MO

#17 Oct 24, 2008
How am I being too hard? All I said was I personally think there is better quality out there. If they ask to walk through one of their houses they can judge for themselves. That's what I would do if I was hiring someone to build my house. Nothing wrong with asking to look at the work that they do before you hire them.
home owner

Valmeyer, IL

#18 Nov 11, 2008
As a customer of JLP I would definitely reconsider using them. There are MANY problems with our house as well as alot of the houses in our subdivision. He cuts corners on things that shouldn't be done and when you contact him to complain and get things fixed you just get the run-around. By the time he gets around to getting it done correctly you could have done it yourself.......and probably with better quality!! One of my neighbors had so many things wrong with their house that he was considering going through the hassle of filling out complaints with the BBB for each and every problem. They guy is a nightmare. If you want a builder with a good heart who takes pride in his work I would go with Chris Woods or his dad.......or ANYONE other than JLP. There's a reason his dad is referred to as "One Nail Dale" and the apple doesn't fall far from the tree in their case.
from the creators

United States

#19 Nov 13, 2008
of the Mortgage Lenders Implod-o-Meter, comes a new blog. I've followed the Mortgage Lenders Implod-o-Meter for the past three plus years - very informative. Now comes the Home Builder Implod-o-Meter. Highly entertaining. Enjoy.

http://builder-implode.com/
Resident

Mesa, AZ

#20 Nov 16, 2008
JLP acutally outsources all of his work now, it has nothing to do w/ past jobs anymore they aren't his employees.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Hope Massage Tue Monya 7
David B. Mueller Presents Tom The Cat (Oct '10) Tue Trump train 3
this sight is pathetic (Dec '15) Tue Monya 5
Who gets to circumvent subdivision rules and why (Mar '11) Tue Monya 39
Running man on main street Mon Sarah 10
Handicap carts Mon Some guy 12
Mike Schneider Jun 27 Curious 1

Columbia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance