First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Just curious

Saint Louis, MO

#1 Apr 12, 2010
mark and linda that is. I was just wondering if anyone had heard the rumor that they're broke. I heard that the whole reason he sold the bowling alley was so they'd have money. I also heard that he used to own some apts down by the baptist church but sold them for the same reason. I know you can't believe everything but I was wondering if there's any truth to any of that?
sheesh

Wentzville, MO

#2 Apr 12, 2010
duhh, some of these post are just so stupid giving a response is really difficult.

no.
New Bowling Center

Edwardsville, IL

#3 Apr 12, 2010
Just curious wrote:
mark and linda that is. I was just wondering if anyone had heard the rumor that they're broke. I heard that the whole reason he sold the bowling alley was so they'd have money. I also heard that he used to own some apts down by the baptist church but sold them for the same reason. I know you can't believe everything but I was wondering if there's any truth to any of that?
YOu ever hear of Profit? This is one of the bad things about small towns with small minded people such as yourself commenting on jealousy. They have very successful businesses, and pay the most taxes of any one company in monroe county, be glad theyre here helping you have good quality of life.Think before you type.
toofunny11

Waterloo, IL

#4 Apr 12, 2010
I almost laughed out loud on this one...... if I were a betting person I would connect the dots between the person responsible for this post and and certain person in town that has been taking a beating on Topix because of her comments on taxes and the bad P.R. she brings on herself. Trying to shift the focus is too funny!! Also, I have sold property to make money - guess I must be broke too!!!! Get a life and don't start lame posts - just don't give any more quotes to St. Louis Magazines.
You wish

Waterloo, IL

#5 Apr 12, 2010
Just curious,
You must have selective hearing! Linda's apparently kicking ass in her occupation. Can only imagine how much she's making. It sure would be hard to be broke!! Guess that's just wishful thinking on your part. Misery loves company.

Since: Apr 10

Edwardsville, IL

#6 Apr 12, 2010
ya, the quote in the magazine sounded like she dislikes the area. Not professional and Linda is always so nice to people. You wouldnt know that unless you actually sit down and talk to her one on one. Why is Tammy Jealous?
ben

Waterloo, IL

#7 Apr 12, 2010
that,s what happens when you swing
Sorry to Say

Waterloo, IL

#8 Apr 12, 2010
Just curious wrote:
I heard the whole Frierdich Dynasty is broke and/or bankrupt. In this economy why the big surprise?

Edwardsville, IL

#9 Apr 12, 2010
Sorry to Say wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard the whole Frierdich Dynasty is broke and/or bankrupt. In this economy why the big surprise?
i heard the whole city of waterloo is bankrupt. Frierdich is an old name with old money $$. jealousy will get you no where. Theyre like the Stumpfs, and The Gummershiemers, and Muellers; theyll be here when youre gone ya goof.rumors..........see how it is, 62298, should have known.

Edwardsville, IL

#10 Apr 12, 2010
haha, Its an old name with old money, 62298, you shouldbnt be jealous of their success, they worked hard for it and are great people. Stumpfs, Gummershiemer,,Mueller,,Frierd ichs,theyll be here when yorue gone ya goof.
get real

Warwick, RI

#11 Apr 12, 2010
I'm sure if the frierdich were that broke they'd be much more worried about selling off their bigger holding like the Edelweiss apartments or the storage business or the million dollar condo in Florida or the... Point is, selling off a cheap apartment building and a bar that they stopped enjoying does not a pauper make. Sounds like whoever started this post is aiming to run the nasty rumor mill. Good thing you got so much support, there, buck-o!
hmmm

Waterloo, IL

#12 Apr 12, 2010
they are not the frierdichs that are broke talkin bout brother and construction company and nephews
reality check

Wentzville, MO

#13 Apr 12, 2010
last time i heard the construction company was struggling like every other one in the USA, but they are selling homes and hopefully they will pull through. it's nice to see caring people note this fact on topix, keep up the good work and lets all hope they survive. I'm also glad Mark and Linda are working though thier money problems as well, i had no idea these issues exsisted until i came on topix! stupid me, i thought they had plenty of money.
hmmm

Waterloo, IL

#14 Apr 13, 2010
its really a 2 million dollar condo

Edwardsville, IL

#15 Apr 13, 2010
reality check wrote:
last time i heard the construction company was struggling like every other one in the USA, but they are selling homes and hopefully they will pull through. it's nice to see caring people note this fact on topix, keep up the good work and lets all hope they survive. I'm also glad Mark and Linda are working though thier money problems as well, i had no idea these issues exsisted until i came on topix! stupid me, i thought they had plenty of money.
you have the "stupid me" part right. Its a small town, you cant go by rumors. Im sure people who are jealous want Mark and Linda to fall, but theyre opposite of that. She's a great agent and has gotten the best selling award for the past 3 years, and rental units survive in tight economy. um,i wouldnt call that exactly struggling..........Be happy for them , dont be jealous its not polite. They also look awesome, they dont even age?!
what

Waterloo, IL

#16 Apr 13, 2010
They dont age because they can afford surgery. Grant and Mark also tan like crazy so they look like lizards. I have talked to Linda a few times. She seems ok. Her advertising is what does it for her.
hmmm

Columbia, IL

#17 Apr 13, 2010
Dont even compare Mark and Grant in any way shape or form, not even close. When you spend a few days a month in Florida its easy to be tan. Being able to afford surgery is great, however having surgery is not there case. Try working out as much as they do or spend 3 or 4 days a week playing raquetball and you probably wont need surgery.
condo guy

Wentzville, MO

#18 Apr 13, 2010
sorry but the condo is not worth a million anymore, my parents live in Ft. Myers and the values have dropped 50% or more in the last few years. still, i wish i could afford to go once a month to tan!
wondering

Columbia, IL

#19 Apr 13, 2010
how do you know what it is worth if you dont know what it cost example : 2 MILLION @50% = 1 MILLION 3 MILLION @50% = 1.5 MILLION Ft.Myers is not an island and maybe your parents place is not directly on the gulf. Ive heard beachfront property has not taken that kind of hit.
what

Columbia, IL

#20 Apr 13, 2010
who cares what they work for condos, surgery, vacations, does not matter unless you are jealous

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rollo 1 hr Jessica lynch 8
Ted longust Tue uha 3
White child Tue opuddle79 3
Transgender bathroom PROBLEM!!! May 23 yeah right 58
merz vs gruchalas (Apr '14) May 22 Truth 29
To all the Columbia haters May 19 anonymous 76
Clarkson eye care reviews? (Apr '14) May 17 my experience 13
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbia Mortgages