Harold McCarty's Solutions for Columb...

Harold McCarty's Solutions for Columbia - www.mccartyformayor.com

Posted in the Columbia Forum

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Columbian for McCarty

Ransomville, NY

#1 Mar 12, 2009
Dear Columbian's,
As you are well aware, we are are facing a very important election on April 7th. Please visit Harold McCarty's web site @ www.mccartyformayor.com . The site is still under construction, but Harold McCarty's basic views are already listed on the site. Please use this forum to express any concerns or if there are any specific questions you would like answered about his solutions for Columbia.
question

Saint Charles, MO

#2 Mar 12, 2009
Last night Patton suggested that there would be no way for Harold to cut the amount of money he says he will from the budget without cutting services.

I presume Harold has looked at the budget and has a list of items he would cut to make this happen without removing services. Can Harold release this info to clarify his point and show if what he has proposed is possible.

Thanks

I didn't see a email address for Harold on the website.
Columbian for McCarty

Ransomville, NY

#3 Mar 12, 2009
question wrote:
Last night Patton suggested that there would be no way for Harold to cut the amount of money he says he will from the budget without cutting services.
I presume Harold has looked at the budget and has a list of items he would cut to make this happen without removing services. Can Harold release this info to clarify his point and show if what he has proposed is possible.
Thanks
I didn't see a email address for Harold on the website.
There isn't one yet because the site is still under construction. There will be more information on line by tomorrow. But please feel free to ask away on Topix and your question(s) will be answered. Thanks for your question and it will be answered.
6th Generation Columbian

Irving, TX

#4 Mar 12, 2009
Here is the truth - Harold's Financial statments are the same ones that Candice and Jay are stating. Harold is also wanting to get rid of Joe Edwards the cheif of police. Harold is saying just ask Gene Henckler the former cheif of police what he thinks of Joe Edwards. The truth is that Gene supports Joe 100%. What Harold wants to do to Columbia is bring back the good old boys club to city hall. Harold was in charge of city street when Frierdich was pouring the bad concrete and never checked it. Harold is not the ma for the Mayors job!!! He is one of the U5 people.
question

Saint Charles, MO

#5 Mar 12, 2009
So can you answer my question now?

dude

Saint Louis, MO

#6 Mar 12, 2009
I thought the statement "Will hire Columbia Residents only"...(something like that)...screamed "Good Old Boys Club".

You hire qualified people for the job. If they are local, great. If they'll move to town, great. But we need City staff that treats everyone fairly, not looks the other way for his friends.
poor xx

United States

#7 Mar 12, 2009
6th Generation Columbian wrote:
Here is the truth - Harold's Financial statments are the same ones that Candice and Jay are stating. Harold is also wanting to get rid of Joe Edwards the cheif of police. Harold is saying just ask Gene Henckler the former cheif of police what he thinks of Joe Edwards. The truth is that Gene supports Joe 100%. What Harold wants to do to Columbia is bring back the good old boys club to city hall. Harold was in charge of city street when Frierdich was pouring the bad concrete and never checked it. Harold is not the ma for the Mayors job!!! He is one of the U5 people.
Simply an assumption from someone in texas. He never said he was a part of any group...PFC putting words in someones mouth. Very classy guys.
Columbian for McCarty

United States

#8 Mar 12, 2009
Great to see some responses here and thank you. Please keep in mind the web page will not be updated until tomorrow for answering questions.

Thanks!
6th Generation Columbian

Irving, TX

#9 Mar 12, 2009
poor xx

Good try and diverting the truth. Why is Harold using Jay and Candice numbers to cut the butget and why was Jay campaining for Harold in Lakefiled. I guess in your book this does not make him a part of any group. But Jay and Candice have promissed these same cuts in the budget but never have shown any number of this proposed budget. Just the typical tactics of the U5.

And it is true that Harold want to get rid of our fine Ploice Cheif. I am sure he has already asked the former officer Mr.Suedkamp to be the cheif. This after several high profile crimes that Joe and his department have solved. Namely the latest one of the gal trying to drown her baby in a toilet.
Parkview Parent

Chicago, IL

#10 Mar 12, 2009
What is the deal with the forum next Tuesday? Are all the candidates going to be there or is this just for McCarty?
Parkview Parent

Chicago, IL

#11 Mar 12, 2009
dude wrote:
I thought the statement "Will hire Columbia Residents only"...(something like that)...screamed "Good Old Boys Club".
You hire qualified people for the job. If they are local, great. If they'll move to town, great. But we need City staff that treats everyone fairly, not looks the other way for his friends.
Dude...where did you read that McCarty would hire only Columbia residents. All I read is that he would look at Columbia residents first. Can you show me where you found that and what is the deal with the "good old boys?"

Since: Jul 08

Columbia, IL

#12 Mar 12, 2009
The forum is sponsored by Progress for Columbia and all candidates have been invited to attend although a few have declined. The forum will consist of candidate statements, prepared questions, and audience Q&A. We encourage all citizens to come and take this opportunity to meet the candidates and hear their views.
Parkview Parent

Chicago, IL

#13 Mar 12, 2009
Thanks Will! I wonder why some candidates have declined? Sounds like a good opportunity for a candidate to express their views....all well. Is it at the High School?
xx columbian

Saint Louis, MO

#14 Mar 12, 2009
can anyone else confirm Unnerstall is goiing door to door for McCarty ?

I felt McCarty would have been fine as Mayor, but if he has Unnerstall behind him and he's not showing up to answer a few questions at the forum then I certainly won't support him.

I still believe to get any sense of change, we need to vote Unnerstall out.
dude

Millstadt, IL

#15 Mar 12, 2009
Parent,

Read his page again...

"Hire Columbia Residents to fill employment vacancies"

It doesn't say anything about 'first' or that anyone else would even be considered. It makes me think that if there isn't a Columbia resident that is qualified, the position goes unfilled.
question

Saint Charles, MO

#16 Mar 13, 2009
Columbian for McCarty wrote:
Great to see some responses here and thank you. Please keep in mind the web page will not be updated until tomorrow for answering questions.
Thanks!
Will that be later today. I would encourage Harold to come to the forum and answer some questions. If he thinks its a setup at least he can show how he will take a stand against what he feels is wrong.
I want to know

Waterloo, IL

#17 Mar 13, 2009
How you plan on cutting so much money and not only not affect services but add the expense of having city hall open 4 more hours a week. That is probably fairly costly depending on what departments will be open, utilities, etc. I appreciate and remember your dedication in the 1980's but frankly nothing done back then is relevant now. The city isn't even close to the same and neither are its challenges. As someone once said. "what have you done for me lately?"
dude

Saint Louis, MO

#18 Mar 13, 2009
amen
Columbian for McCarty

United States

#19 Mar 13, 2009
Hello everyone. McCarty's web page will be updated by this afternoon and again, thanks for all the questions. Please visit his site:
www.mccartyformayor.com later today. Harold McCarty is looking forward to answering all these questions at the forum next Tuesday, Marth 17th. Please attend if you can. If you are unable to attend, please check McCarty's web page for how to personally contact him.
Columbian for McCarty

United States

#20 Mar 13, 2009
Harold McCarty's web page has already been updated and is on line. More updates coming soon! Have a great day Columbia!
www.mccartyformayor.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Russian Meddling 10 hr The Watcher 3
Oboma family portrait Fri Robert Durango 4
#me too Fri William Cocksmith 3
progressive family care Fri Beth 13
Hoodies Fri yeehaw 8
i need my face smashed Fri mamma rollo 2
sports page inn Thu yeehaw 3

Columbia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance