JB bridge shut down for hours on Tues...

JB bridge shut down for hours on Tuesday night

Posted in the Columbia Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
wondering

Columbia, IL

#1 Mar 30, 2011
Does anyone know what happened? I was stuck in traffic for almost two hours... I was told there was an attempted jumper, but I was curious if anyone had more info?
mee21

Warren, NJ

#2 Mar 30, 2011
I drove past as going to south county and saw cops, etc around a car sitting on the shoulder of the bridge.. not sure what else was going on but heard a jumper as well.
Laser Lady

Kansas City, MO

#3 Mar 30, 2011
From a couple of Facebook postings I received, there was a jumper, but he/she was talked down.
Jumper

Saint Louis, MO

#4 Mar 30, 2011
I was only taking a leak of the bridge.
That water sure was cold.
It was deep too.
CWN 2011

Waterloo, IL

#5 Mar 30, 2011
Somebody trying to get attention. If your going to jump. Just do it. But don't stop traffic
Lost me beer

Saint Louis, MO

#6 Mar 30, 2011
I heard he lost his beer
jeesh

Maryland Heights, MO

#7 Mar 30, 2011
Lost me beer wrote:
I heard he lost his beer
I wish you'd jump so we could quit hearing about your damn lost beer!
Vinny

Fulton, MO

#8 Mar 30, 2011
for you CWN...you obviously have no heart and there is something not working in your head. the attempted jumper was my best friend, he is like family to me. i ended up talking him down, and now he is getting the help he needs. and for everyone else cracking jokes about it, just quit. its immature and not necessary. please keep him and his family in your prayers.
outsider

AOL

#9 Mar 30, 2011
CWN 2011 wrote:
Somebody trying to get attention. If your going to jump. Just do it. But don't stop traffic
Shame on you. I take it you have never lost anyone to suicide. Not a joking matter!!! From what I have read, this was a teenager. Really not funny!!!
Jill

Columbia, IL

#10 Mar 30, 2011
Heard thru fb it was a teen boy upset about breaking up with his gf.
whatwas his name

Saint Louis, MO

#11 Mar 30, 2011
who was it?
Jill

Columbia, IL

#12 Mar 30, 2011
whatwas his name wrote:
who was it?
The kids already going thru a hard enough time. I doubt posting his name on topix would do any good. Lets agree to let it rest.
Vinny

Fulton, MO

#13 Mar 30, 2011
yeah his name does not need to be posted for everyone to see. i just want everyone to know that he is getting the help he needs. hes a really good person, one of the nicest people i know. and if people really are that upset that they had to sit in traffic for an hour or 2...just imagine that was your kid. you dont know what he was going through.
a-non hater

Sheridan, IL

#14 Mar 30, 2011
I wish it had been the "real" a-non on the bridge. But he would not have left his mommy

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#15 Mar 30, 2011
a-non hater wrote:
I wish it had been the "real" a-non on the bridge. But he would not have left his mommy
. Well, I'm glad to disappoint you, anything else I can do to ruin your day? Shouldn't you be with the jv's 7, working on the master plan? Or are you not a member of the bashers and morons team of excellence?
a-non

Waterloo, IL

#16 Mar 30, 2011
I am a moron and have nothing to do. Someone someday will throw me off the bridge. I have no friends and can't even comment on a post without a few people turning the post into an attack on me. Someone give me a rope and I will hang myself with the rest of the "brothas"
GEEZ

Waterloo, IL

#17 Mar 30, 2011
a-non hater wrote:
What does wishing ill will upon a person you don't even know, benefit you? Does the guy that posts all the time REALLY mean so much to you that you would want him to really jump off a bridge. Get over the whole A-non hate and worry about yourself. You people that post EVERY TIME after he does are JUST as annoy (actually much more) and your posts are idiotic.
not amused

Columbia, IL

#18 Mar 30, 2011
Well, Mr. jumper cost me 2 and half hours and a half a tank of gas, ultimately having to drive back downtown and cross Poplar to get home. Next time he wants to jump we have some beautiful bluffs on this side of the river. No one will bother him and he won't impact literally thousands of motorists and risk their lives
well

Columbia, IL

#19 Mar 30, 2011
I feel if your going to commit suicide, you will just do it! Not stand on the side of a bridge for hours... or say you will! Most people that "say" they are going to, are just wanting attention! Their intentions were never to do so! Which IS obviously a problem! Usually it's to receive attention that they don't receive in their life. I hope that person does get the help, he obviously needs! I do pray for his family... I'm sure this was extremely scary for them...
a-non

Waterloo, IL

#20 Mar 31, 2011
GEEZ wrote:
<quoted text>
What does wishing ill will upon a person you don't even know, benefit you? Does the guy that posts all the time REALLY mean so much to you that you would want him to really jump off a bridge. Get over the whole A-non hate and worry about yourself. You people that post EVERY TIME after he does are JUST as annoy (actually much more) and your posts are idiotic.
So wouldn't it be more beneficial if I just left the Columbia and Waterloo Topix forums and got a life? Wouldn't all the rest of them leave, if I left? GEEZ, be smarter than me. I don't have any friends and sit in a basement all day, licking my mom's vag and posting on Topix. Just because I log out and make myself GEEZ, doesn't mean it's not the same person posting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
dog funeral 34 min Some guy 12
columbia city saloon 2 hr Soon to return pa... 1
So how about Cahokia makes a law for sagging! (Nov '07) 14 hr jimmy 25
TRUMP in number one spot... 15 hr just saying 13
black men, chidren and drug dealers 16 hr Blah 8
Reggie Allen 16 hr eww 13
Brown Water? (Oct '13) 16 hr Really 44
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbia Mortgages