Invigorate Church
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Vigored

Waterloo, IL

#1 Oct 19, 2010
Leaving town? Guess all the things about God bringing you to Columbia and being a staple and pillar in the community was all a sham huh? If God was directing you he didn't make a mistake. Oh let me guess, he told you your work is done here????? Oh well CYA, guess if we all had fohawks, tattoos, and were all sexy young gals our fine city may have been cool enough for you. All the time and money we and others have donated to you makes leaving a real slap in the face. Guess we will find a church that we can grow in and not get run out on. Things like this is why some people sour on the church!!!!!!
Booyaaa

United States

#2 Oct 19, 2010
Sorry to hear you won't be joining them.
LuvDonuts

United States

#3 Oct 19, 2010
Didn't they just stick a million dollars into the old Ford dealer? And they are walking away from that?
Tim

Columbia, IL

#4 Oct 19, 2010
As I googled Invigorate Church I found this site and read the topic. I felt compelled to reply. Why? because Im one of the pastors at Invigorate. First, I apologize for anything that was done that hurt you or anyone else in Columbia. It was never intentional. Yes its true, Invig is leaving. Why? Here are a few reasons:

1) We believe it is better for tithes and offerings that hard working people sow into a ministry go toward actually reaching people instead of debt. There are many churches in the US that are crippled by debt thus making it impossible to reach people with the Gospel. How bout a church whos money is not wasted on debt or mortgage, but is used to further the the message of Jesus. its time for church as usual to end. This move allows Invig to do that and has now become part of our vision.

2)We have realized that Invig is not a community church, but is a destination church. We have a very small percentage of people coming to Invig from Columbia. Most are from other cities ranging from Red Bud to Greenville ,Il. If you are looking for a local church, I highly recommend Hope Christian. Ps. Darrell is the real deal and an outstanding Ps. I cannot say enough good things abt him!!!

God does not always send you to a place that you will stay for the rest of your life, sometimes its only for a season. That season is over for Invigorate. See 1 Kings 17: 1-7. We love Columbia and will still have a presence here on Tues nights for Life Groups, but we will just no longer have Sunday services here. I hope this clears up any rumors or speculation that might arise during this time. Please pray for us during this time of transition as we will continue to pray for this wonderful city!!!

hmm

Waterloo, IL

#5 Oct 20, 2010
so are you selling the building?
Booyaaa

United States

#6 Oct 20, 2010
Hmm, do u want to buy it?
Vigored

Waterloo, IL

#7 Oct 20, 2010
gypsies!
Booyaaa

Columbia, IL

#8 Oct 21, 2010
Bitter!!!!
Yikes

Chicago, IL

#9 Oct 22, 2010
Wow. I was extremely disappointed when I came across this post. As Christians we are all the body of Christ regardless of denomination or ministry style. Let me encourage the author of this post to read 1 Thes. 5:14 and Matt 18:15 these are passages of scripture on how to deal with offense in which it states to go directly to your brother (or leader) regarding the offense. Things like a church leaving a community don't sour people on "the church". Fellow christians posting on public forums bashing other Christians is what sours people on the church.
nom

Waterloo, IL

#10 Oct 22, 2010
Yikes wrote:
Wow. I was extremely disappointed when I came across this post. As Christians we are all the body of Christ regardless of denomination or ministry style. Let me encourage the author of this post to read 1 Thes. 5:14 and Matt 18:15 these are passages of scripture on how to deal with offense in which it states to go directly to your brother (or leader) regarding the offense. Things like a church leaving a community don't sour people on "the church". Fellow christians posting on public forums bashing other Christians is what sours people on the church.
We at Hope are encouraged to get on these public forums and express how we feel. We bash the hell right out of our enemy.
Doh

Millstadt, IL

#11 Oct 22, 2010
You're all freaks!
Darwin

Falls Church, VA

#12 Oct 22, 2010
When are u people gonna learn that we evolved though EVOLUTION!! Hey they just found water on the moon so i guess God put that there for us to find huh? And all the ticks,chiggers and other pests that bite us every summer...God too right? And out of the millions of solar systems that contains millions of galaxies which consist billions of planets...I guess God only watches over earth right? LMFAO
Booyaaa

Chicago, IL

#13 Oct 22, 2010
Sad, very sad
SuperFly

Saint Louis, MO

#14 Oct 22, 2010
Faith Lutheran Church meets at the same location at 9 a.m. on Sunday and is very contemporary. Just FYI.
Mama Mia

Columbia, IL

#15 Oct 22, 2010
I LOVE Invigorate Church!!!!
flat spot

Waterloo, IL

#16 Oct 22, 2010
Darwin wrote:
When are u people gonna learn that we evolved though EVOLUTION!! Hey they just found water on the moon so i guess God put that there for us to find huh? And all the ticks,chiggers and other pests that bite us every summer...God too right? And out of the millions of solar systems that contains millions of galaxies which consist billions of planets...I guess God only watches over earth right? LMFAO
The only thing I can say is....you better hope your right ! I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion..
paraclete

Belleville, IL

#17 Aug 27, 2011
invigorate is a great church. they are interested in helping people and spending their money on that instead of alot of debt. isnt that what GOD really is all about?
paraclete

Belleville, IL

#18 Aug 27, 2011
LuvDonuts wrote:
Didn't they just stick a million dollars into the old Ford dealer? And they are walking away from that?
we never owned the building, we were renting with the option to buy, them the ford dealer increased the rent. we felt like our money could be better spent elcewhere.
who-who-who

United States

#19 Aug 27, 2011
paraclete wrote:
<quoted text> we never owned the building, we were renting with the option to buy, them the ford dealer increased the rent. we felt like our money could be better spent elcewhere.
Im very happy to hear your reqsoning. I wish that all churches had this mind set. The world would be a better place. My only regret is that i never got to visit. Good luck and God bless as you make your journey to help others the way God intends
firerfly

Colorado Springs, CO

#20 Sep 4, 2012
So this is the story of the fall of Invigorate Church.....And if you think they don't have Debt your wrong....but if you feel you have been taken for any of your money please contact the number at the bottom of this...

EAST ST. LOUIS • A Columbia, Ill., man has pleaded guilty to a federal charge and admitted bilking a gold mine investor out of $200,000, the U.S. Attorney's office said Friday.

Jeremiah D. Jacob, 32, plead guilty Thursday to violating federal securities law by failing to register a security before selling it.

In 2008, Jacob unsuccessfully tried to buy a gold mine in the Yukon Territory in Canada, raising $1.215 million of his own and investors' money, his plea agreement says. He was told in the fall of 2008 that the money was forfeited because of his failure to live up to the purchase agreement, but kept trying to buy the mine.

Three months later, he solicited $200,000 from an investor, promising returns of 15 percent a year on an Alaskan gold mine and no risk of lost principal. The investment contract was never registered with the state, however, his plea says.

At sentencing June 28, Jacob faces 12 to 18 months in prison under federal sentencing guidelines.

Jacob is listed as the founder of Invigorate Ministries on the website of Invigorate Church, which has services in three local locations: the Central West End, East Alton and State Park.

Jacob lawyer William Stiehl , Jr. said that Jacob intends to make full restitution.

“This was not a situation where he ever set out to defraud or to take anyone's money,” Stiehl said.

It was an investment, which unfortunately for a number of reasons, fell through.”

Officials asked anyone who believes they have been a victim of securities fraud to contact the Illinois Securities Department at 1-800-628-7937.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Skatepark Actiion (Jul '16) 2 hr Stick from your butt 70
Racism? (Feb '14) 2 hr Sooo christian 84
gray and white pit with red collor (May '13) 2 hr Hate strays 15
cpd 2 hr Just sayin 2
Jake nelson 2 hr Just sayin 1
Is he too scared to come to Jerome? 4 hr fat blond 3
Tiny's Sold!!! 9 hr concerned 5

Columbia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance