Who is Jay Unneristall?

Posted in the Columbia Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Rte3

Columbia, IL

#1 Mar 29, 2013
And what is the big deal if an alderman voted the same as him?

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#2 Mar 29, 2013
Jay Unertall& his wife Patti ( an elementary teacher)were wonderful people who loved Columia. They were demonized and humiliated by Kevin Hutchinson. Jay was smart enough to know that the contract Kevin Hutchinson was pushing for Columbia Crossing was an illegal contract. Hutchinson also took Thousands of Dollars from the contractor in campaign funds. Bottom line....Kevin Hutchinson is dirty and his negative ads and dirty campaign shows what a failed leader he is.
Columbian

Montgomery, AL

#3 Mar 30, 2013
Mushroom fix wrote:
Jay Unertall& his wife Patti ( an elementary teacher)were wonderful people who loved Columia. They were demonized and humiliated by Kevin Hutchinson. Jay was smart enough to know that the contract Kevin Hutchinson was pushing for Columbia Crossing was an illegal contract. Hutchinson also took Thousands of Dollars from the contractor in campaign funds. Bottom line....Kevin Hutchinson is dirty and his negative ads and dirty campaign shows what a failed leader he is.
I can't believe more people are not up in arms over that sketchy deal from the get go. I would even bet that Kevin would have made a profit by insuring the property with a nice causlity and property policy after it was built. No one has ever mentioned that. He is so corrupt but acts like he is the nicest guy on the planet. If he is re-elected then it will show that only the people who vote for him are as scrupleous and demented as him, and not really too educated.
pfc

Columbia, IL

#4 Mar 30, 2013
I resemble that remark
The bigger picture

Columbia, IL

#5 Mar 30, 2013
Perhaps a more even answer to the question raised here is that Jay was an Alderman several years ago (and, yes, his wife is a lovely woman). He comes across as a rather unassuming man but he has an unparalleled vindictive and manipulative side. When several of his friends (Fred Stumpf, Brad Oberkfell, Candace Hejna) were elected to the Council in 2007, all hell broke loose. Rather than simply relishing the majority they enjoyed on the Council (with another nice guy, Dan Row, whose politics I don't agree with but I can respect as a decent person) the "Unnerstall 5" became power hungry, playground bullies. All civilized debate and discourse went out the window as some of The 5 (Hejna and Oberkfell, primarily) would personally attack anyone who publicly disagreed with them. They were uninterested in hearing any facts that didn't support their narrow agenda. More importantly, they offered many criticisms of how things were done in the city but offered zero alternatives. The 5 voted as a group on nearly everything, rather than balancing the facts presented and making an informed judgement as representatives of their respective Wards. In 2011, city voters had tired of the drama and refused to re-elect those who had proven to be incapable of cooperation for the betterment of the community we all love. In the two years since the Unnerstall 5 went away, Main Street has really improved and our town is no longer the poster child of small town politics at its worst.
fire him

Columbia, IL

#6 Mar 30, 2013
The bigger picture wrote:
Perhaps a more even answer to the question raised here is that Jay was an Alderman several years ago (and, yes, his wife is a lovely woman). He comes across as a rather unassuming man but he has an unparalleled vindictive and manipulative side. When several of his friends (Fred Stumpf, Brad Oberkfell, Candace Hejna) were elected to the Council in 2007, all hell broke loose. Rather than simply relishing the majority they enjoyed on the Council (with another nice guy, Dan Row, whose politics I don't agree with but I can respect as a decent person) the "Unnerstall 5" became power hungry, playground bullies. All civilized debate and discourse went out the window as some of The 5 (Hejna and Oberkfell, primarily) would personally attack anyone who publicly disagreed with them. They were uninterested in hearing any facts that didn't support their narrow agenda. More importantly, they offered many criticisms of how things were done in the city but offered zero alternatives. The 5 voted as a group on nearly everything, rather than balancing the facts presented and making an informed judgement as representatives of their respective Wards. In 2011, city voters had tired of the drama and refused to re-elect those who had proven to be incapable of cooperation for the betterment of the community we all love. In the two years since the Unnerstall 5 went away, Main Street has really improved and our town is no longer the poster child of small town politics at its worst.
So in other words...because they didn't vote the way you wanted them to, you have an ax to grind with them?
The bigger picture

Deepwater, MO

#7 Mar 30, 2013
No ax to grind. I just disapproved of how they conducted themselves while in office so I chose not to vote for them. That's how our system works. It's not personal- that's what they seem to struggle to understand.
fire him

Columbia, IL

#8 Mar 30, 2013
Well then, let's take a look at even the bigger picture.

Kevin has deplete the city's capital development fund to almost ZERO!

He has also been the leading advocate for Columbia Crossing, and the development agreement. Which by the way was illegal and ridiculously one-sided in favor of the developer. This fiasco has wasted hundreds of thousands of our tax dollars. Don't forget...Kevin is the one who made the motion to APPROVE this document.

Kevin also (as reported in the BND) secretly investigated a private citizen who opposed his policies...at taxpayer expense!
Kevin also participated in a night time, after hours, employee evaluation designed to intimidate the employee...forcing her to file an EEOC complaint against the city.
Kevin also accepted thousands of dollars in campaign contributions from an outside developer who was suing the City of Columbia.

The list goes on with this guy. He is dishonest, a liar, and it's time for him to go!
WHAT

Columbia, IL

#9 Mar 30, 2013
The 5 voted as a group on nearly everything
The 7 alderman we have now VOTE TOGETHER ON EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!! Why aren't you complaining about that??
play ground bullies

Columbia, IL

#10 Mar 30, 2013
That would be big d Bergman, officer doufus, grewe, and ms pulcher, stanken up the chambers.
Who ever

United States

#11 Mar 30, 2013
He would be described as the the ultimate clown
Bonus

Columbia, IL

#12 Mar 30, 2013
Gotta love the name calling! That always sways my vote.
The bigger picture

Deepwater, MO

#13 Mar 31, 2013
I said I disagreed with how they conducted themselves. Apparently, a majority of those who voted in 2011 agreed with me. That's why none of them were re-elected.
WHAT

Columbia, IL

#14 Mar 31, 2013
I said I disagreed with how they conducted themselves. Apparently, a majority of those who voted in 2011 agreed with me. That's why none of them were re-elected.
So you're saying hoe Kevin has been conducting himself is appropriate, by investigating citizens simply because they don't agree with him? Or removing citizens from the library board because they don't agree with him? This is not only BULLYING at it's truest form, but is also intimidation. You have yet to give any examples of what "horrible" things you accuse Brad of.
Oh Well

Columbia, IL

#15 Mar 31, 2013
WHAT wrote:
<quoted text>So you're saying hoe Kevin has been conducting himself is appropriate, by investigating citizens simply because they don't agree with him? Or removing citizens from the library board because they don't agree with him? This is not only BULLYING at it's truest form, but is also intimidation. You have yet to give any examples of what "horrible" things you accuse Brad of.
Isn't that how politics works? You surround yourself with people that have your same vision. People that share your philosophy on how things should be run. You don't think Brad or anyone else would do the same if elected? When we elect a new president doesn't he get to pick his own people for his cabinet and many other positions? What's the problem other than you don't like Kevin? If Brad wins he'll do the same thing. You'll be alright with that because you support Brad.
Thank You

Saint Louis, MO

#16 Mar 31, 2013
I am so glad those five had the guts to stand up to Hutchinson. Let's see - Kevin secretly investigated a private citizen at taxpayer expense, tried to intimidate a city employee with an after hours review, blackballed anyone who didn't agree with him from city committees, and lied to us about Columbia Crossing. If you think all that's OK keep supporting Kevin.
no deed to dirty

Columbia, IL

#17 Apr 1, 2013
The Unnerstall5 were definitely a refreshing jolt of personalities into the political arena in Columbia. Alas they, with the efforts of Gene Henckler[Government lifer], Jeanine Belt[democrat insider] and pfc[a Grewe hate group] the voices have been stifled. If Brad should win; he will be facing the same hate now present in Ellisville. I would fear Eberhohl and Meanry Numbetz the most followed by Jay Huch.
The bigger picture

United States

#18 Apr 2, 2013
WHAT wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're saying hoe Kevin has been conducting himself is appropriate, by investigating citizens simply because they don't agree with him? Or removing citizens from the library board because they don't agree with him? This is not only BULLYING at it's truest form, but is also intimidation. You have yet to give any examples of what "horrible" things you accuse Brad of.
I'm not sure what you're referring to because, again, I didn't accuse Brad of "horrible things." I said I disapproved of how they (meaning 4.5 of the Unnerstall 5 - again, Dan Row is pretty decent) conducted themselves. Anyone who doesn't know or remember what I'm talking about but who plans to vote would be well served to google Brad Oberkfell 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011 to see what the guy is really like. Constant accusations against others, takes no responsibility or initiative. Just a lot of no, no, no and everyone else is to blame but not any real results to his name.
The bigger picture

United States

#19 Apr 2, 2013
WHAT wrote:
<quoted text>
I would like to point out that I can make an argument without resorting to foul language.
Ummm

Columbia, IL

#20 Apr 2, 2013
<quoted text>
I'm not sure what you're referring to because, again, I didn't accuse Brad of "horrible things." I said I disapproved of how they (meaning 4.5 of the Unnerstall 5 - again, Dan Row is pretty decent) conducted themselves. Anyone who doesn't know or remember what I'm talking about but who plans to vote would be well served to google Brad Oberkfell 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011 to see what the guy is really like. Constant accusations against others, takes no responsibility or initiative. Just a lot of no, no, no and everyone else is to blame but not any real results to his name.
Please give examples of "everyone else is to blame". I found nothing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was not my fault 23 min Richard Rollo 7
same sex marriage (Jan '14) 2 hr rollingrollo 11
Finding Dollar store cashiers 2 hr Epic Mom 11
Chris Russel (Jun '11) 3 hr Linda Boyer 30
Time is running out 6 hr I use protection 3
No Christmas Bonus AGAIN Thu Grinch 11
Cooking in a dutch oven Thu randy 16
Columbia Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web