columbia football
Tom

Waterloo, IL

#43 Sep 17, 2012
i graduated last year and i played four years of football for the eagles. i didnt get a lot of playing time junior year and had sophomores playing in front of me, i was fed up with the team. even though i broke my arm as a junior i still came back as a senior and played my ass off. i still had juniors in front of me but i didnt let that get in the way because eventually someone screws up and you get your chance to shine and thats what i did. I will never forget football. it was the best part of high sschool. Herrin was the best game i ever played in and i was glad to run the ball down the field. Im in full support of my brothers on the field always. GO EAGLES
luftkoph

Columbia, IL

#44 Sep 26, 2012
last friday night, the eagles once more soared high. with excellent outside speed in the kicking return game, power running like a german panzer attack, and a tenacious defense, the eagles conquered. now freeburg...
freeburg is one of those teams that gives the eagles fits. in 2007, with s state finals team that included an all-state qb, a rather poor freeburg team dueled columbia to just a 7 to 0 game. last year the eagles barely left freeburg alive, escaping with a 7 to 6 victory over a winless freeburg squad.
eagles, careful this friday night...
Yeah Right

Saint Louis, MO

#45 Sep 27, 2012
luftkoph wrote:
last friday night, the eagles once more soared high. with excellent outside speed in the kicking return game, power running like a german panzer attack, and a tenacious defense, the eagles conquered. now freeburg...
freeburg is one of those teams that gives the eagles fits. in 2007, with s state finals team that included an all-state qb, a rather poor freeburg team dueled columbia to just a 7 to 0 game. last year the eagles barely left freeburg alive, escaping with a 7 to 6 victory over a winless freeburg squad.
eagles, careful this friday night...
If you don't beat this Freeburg team by 20 you have issues.
Yeah Right

Saint Louis, MO

#46 Sep 27, 2012
Old Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice easy schedule. Won't make it past 1st round in playoffs. If you don't have any competition in the regular season, that is not going to help come playoff time.
Your predictions suck so far..
Tom

Waterloo, IL

#47 Sep 28, 2012
This football team has speed
Ex eagle

Waterloo, IL

#49 Sep 28, 2012
?
luftkoph

Millstadt, IL

#50 Oct 14, 2012
last friday night at eagles' stadium, as the eagles were blitzing one more conference foe (red bud), the fans near me were discussing possible play-off foes. most agreed that a rematch against waterloo, if possible, would be wonderful, but a rematch game of hard fought football, not a give away, charitable event with 7 turnovers.other possible matches could be mater dei, jersyville, or greenville. whatever, all look forward to play-off football. GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!
Old Man

Waterloo, IL

#51 Oct 14, 2012
Yeah Right wrote:
<quoted text>
Your predictions suck so far..
Not counting Dupo(1A), Waterloo(may not make playoffs), who has columbia played that is a good team. Lets see what happens 1st and 2nd rounds of playoffs. Then you can say my predictions suck.
gocards

Waterloo, IL

#52 Oct 15, 2012
Agree -- So far this year, Columbia has played some pretty weak teams. I predict they will not make it far in the playoffs. They need to toughen up their schedule in future years to prepare them for playoffs.
luftkoph

Millstadt, IL

#53 Oct 21, 2012
the word is out that mt carmel is a super tough team that plays a very demanding schedule...and the word is also out that because of its "creampuff" schedule the EAGLES will be steamrollered by mt carmel...we"ll see...
SERIOUSLY

United States

#54 Oct 21, 2012
WHAT IS A LUFTKOPH??!!
Cards Fan

Columbia, IL

#55 Oct 22, 2012
Demanding schedule for Mt Carmel? 5 of their 6 victories were against teams with losing records. Their only victory against a winning record was Mater Dei. Not saying Columbia's schedule is any better but let's not make the opponent into something they are not. Looking forward to the game.
Citizen

Columbia, IL

#56 Oct 27, 2012
luftkoph wrote:
the word is out that mt carmel is a super tough team that plays a very demanding schedule...and the word is also out that because of its "creampuff" schedule the EAGLES will be steamrollered by mt carmel...we"ll see...
yeah, we saw, lol.
whippersnapper

Columbia, IL

#57 Oct 27, 2012
Old Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Not counting Dupo(1A), Waterloo(may not make playoffs), who has columbia played that is a good team. Lets see what happens 1st and 2nd rounds of playoffs. Then you can say my predictions suck.
57-22
Old people are dumb.
luftkoph

Columbia, IL

#58 Oct 29, 2012
GREAT game saturday,EAGLES,well played all round. Especially #47. What a game he had!!!! Runbacks, receptions, interceptions--what a performaqnce, a performance that places him upon that list of stand-out Eagles of the past. For example, john heinekin's linebacker interception in the waning moments of the '07 carterville play-off game, Brian winter's miracle sideline reception in the great '07 Greenville play-off game, and alex quinn's blocked point after in triple overtime against greenville, a block which sent the eagles on the road to champaign for the very first time...
well done,#47. in your entire prep career, this might well have been your finest hour...
Citizen

Columbia, IL

#59 Oct 29, 2012
luftkoph wrote:
GREAT game saturday,EAGLES,well played all round. Especially #47. What a game he had!!!! Runbacks, receptions, interceptions--what a performaqnce, a performance that places him upon that list of stand-out Eagles of the past. For example, john heinekin's linebacker interception in the waning moments of the '07 carterville play-off game, Brian winter's miracle sideline reception in the great '07 Greenville play-off game, and alex quinn's blocked point after in triple overtime against greenville, a block which sent the eagles on the road to champaign for the very first time...
well done,#47. in your entire prep career, this might well have been your finest hour...
#14 had a better game. That kid was making plays everywhere and on both sides of the ball. Two int's including a pick 6, and two offensive TD's. he single handedly disrupted Mt. Carmel's high ranked passing game.
luftkoph

Columbia, IL

#60 Oct 29, 2012
citizen, you are absolutely right. after reading your blog, i called several who watched the game with me, and they straightened out my confusion. #14 WAS saturday's stand out player.please excuse my mistake...
Southern illinois

Columbia, IL

#61 Nov 4, 2012
Your team isn't as good as you though.14-7 baby!!!!
Citizen

Columbia, IL

#62 Nov 5, 2012
Southern illinois wrote:
Your team isn't as good as you though.14-7 baby!!!!
and you can't spell as good as you though you could.
Southern illinois

United States

#63 Nov 5, 2012
14-7!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rollo is a diiiippppshiiitttt 19 hr Rollo 2
Rollo is a diiiippppshiiitttt 20 hr Rollo 6
Rollo is a diiiippppshiiitttt 20 hr Rollo 12
Rollo is a diiiippppshiiitttt 20 hr Rollo 58
4 H club goes unfunded Wed Eckert 2
Rollo is a Yard Jerker Wed Rollo 33
MLK the Great Civil Right Leader Wed Rollo 6

Columbia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance