1988 April Tinsley Murder To Be America's Most Wanted Profile Case

Mar 31, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: NBC 33 News

It's been almost 21-years and police still need your help. The TV show America's Most Wanted is stepping in, to try to solve the decades-old April Tinsley murder.

Comments
9,201 - 9,220 of 9,245 Comments Last updated Apr 29, 2014

Since: Mar 07

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

pip wrote:
Do they know about how old the murderer is?
He was born in May 1949.

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Keith wrote:
Charity, I will never forget this case, or cases. One of the reasons I will never forget is, because Tara was a friend of mine. I remember the day I came home from school and my dad told me of her passing. I lived on Webster St when Tara passed away, and I remember walking to school at South Side High, and thinking how terrible it would be to have gone through what Tara had went through. It was not her fault no way shape or form. Tara really believed it was her fault. We all know it wasn't though. I have always thought that whoever murdered April Tinsley also was responsible for the death of Sarah Bowker. I have always wondered why Aprils remains were left in the Auburn area. I am almost 40 now and I remember this like it happened yesterday. I lived in Auburn for several years and I remember meeting someone who's last name was Oberlin, they also were related to Tara and Sarah. If your grandpa didn't have anything to do with this, it sure makes it look like a lot of coincidence that he was named. Don't you see a lot of similarities in these cases? I sure do, and if you are family you know exactly what I am talking about.
And what similarities are you talking about?
Keith

Hazel Crest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

First of all I want too let it be known that I am not accusing anyone of anything. I am only stating my opinion. I base my opinion only from the things that have been told by the media, people that I know that are related to the victims, and things that have been said by different people since the crimes have been commited. I have not accused any one for the crimes that were commited. I would also like to say that even though there are similarities in both the Tinsley and Bowker murders, that there are also several other things that have happened since these innocent children were murdered that would make it impossible for the two to be connected. The reason I have thought that these crimes were commited by the same person are that the manner of death for both of these girls were similar. They were both raped, strangled, and left face down in a ditch to be found. These girls were similar in age, and also they come from similar backgrounds. The man accused of murdering Bowker did know the Tinsley family and to my knowledge even knew April Tinsley herself. I also find it kind of strange that the family of Sara Bowker lived in Dekalb Co., as well as Allen Co. If Hensely was who actually was the person responsible for Sara Bowkers murder, then it would explain how the body of April Tinsley was left in Spencerville to be found. If Hensley was related to Sara Bowker then he would have known that area, because of his family. He would have had relatives up in that area. Also I have read that he ( Hensley ) actually admitted to family members that he was responsible for the murder of April Tinsley, and that he later recanted his story. Those are some of the things that make me think the same person is responsible for both murders. There are also things that have happened to make me think that the same person was not responsible for both murders. If I have read right Hensley died in 1994, and since then there have been things that have happened to make me think the person who killed Tinsley is still alive, like the note on the side of the barn, the letters that have been left around different places as reported by the media. Also there was another young girl who was murdered here in 1996, she was found by Village Woods School stabbed to death, and it was told she was wrapped in a sheet. Hensley couldn't have done that for sure, because he had already died before that happened.
Here are the things that caused me to form my opinion. I also know that a person that can do a crime of this type, well they aren't really human. Who could hurt a small child like these people or person did. It just isn't normal period.i also hope and pray that someday the person or people responsible for this get what they deserve, because both of these families have been through hell, and they deserve some closure.

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Obviously Hensley didn`t kill them because he died in 1994 and the killer was still alive and left the semen and condoms and the naked photo in 2004. OBVIOUSLY THIS KILLER LIKES ATTENTION and thinks of himself as a major killer. a PAPER HAD DISCUSSED btk`S 30TH ANNIVERSARYB AND 2 MONTHS LATER BTK HAD ANSWERED POLICE WITH THE DRIVERS LICENSE OF A PREVIOUSLY UNKNOWN VICTIM. THE DAY AFTER THIS was released Tinsley`s killer left the condom with semen, 16 years after Tinsley and 14 years after BOWers murder. OBVIOUSLY THIS IS NO RUN OF THE MILL COMMON KILLER. The blue truck used to abduct APRIL was a truck I had previously owned and the insurance was still in my name. The green truck with matching camper had been owned by my brother and he`d given it to the killer Gary the year before when my brother bought a new truck. It had a rock and roll sticker on it. Gary worked in Indiana in 1987 in the next city over from where APRIL was abducted. Gary will soon come to justice. Part of the plan was to get a blue truck because hensley had one. Gary likes to frame others for his crimes.

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Typo. Meant to post blue truck had a rock and roll sticker on it.
Charity Hensley

Colorado Springs, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Roy Hensley was my grandfather, he was not related to Sarah. I lived with him during the times of both of these murders and he was physically not capable of these acts. You are talking about a man you had lung damage from war and emphysema, he had to stop to catch his breath walking to the mailbox. The family member he supposedly admitted his crime to was his son who was a convicted child molester and not allowed in our home because of it. If any member of my family could have committed these crimes it would have been my uncle. He is dead now, killed in prison so unfortunately we may never know. If you have questions I would be happy to answer them, but I will tell you now, Roy Hensley was innocent.
Keith

La Grange, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

I just posted my opinion, I never once blamed no one. And to the person posting as Detroit, have you told the police what you posted here, and have they checked out what you are saying. I would just like to see the person or persons responsible for these murders brought to justice. Whoever is responsible should also be charged for Tara's death too. The reason Tara's death bothered me so bad was I lost my mom in 1990 to suicide and I just remember how bad I felt for her and her family after losing Sara and Tara.
Harry

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

I think the same guy abducted my cat
Dave

New Baltimore, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Read e-book...true stories of life in a psychiatric hospital by jane dode...her contact info is on her books...she specializes on these issues
Bronx Fitness

Downingtown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Roshelle O wrote:
<quoted text>
DELLAN L. FINAN 21, WAS SHOT DEAD MAY 6, 2001 BY KULON LEWIS. KULON LEWIS 31, WAS SHOT DEAD AUGUST 2004, HE HAD BEEN SHOT MORE THAN 5 TIMES SINCE HE WAS A TEENAGER AND HAS KILLED SERVAL PEOPLE IN FORT WAYNE. HE SHOT DELLAN AFTER SHOOTING HIS 2 COUSINS AND THEY DIDN'T DIE. IT ALL STARTED WITH DELLAN'S COUSIN AND KULON, OVER SOMETHING THAT HAPPENED IN THE 90'S, BETWEEN DELLAN AND HIS 2 COUSINS KULON HAD SHOT THE 3 OF THEM A TOTAL OF 4 OR 5 TIMES WITH ONLY DELLAN BEING KILLED. I'M PRETTY SURE KULON LEWIS WAS KILLED BECAUSE HE KILLED DELLAN, AND I BELIEVE KULON DESERVED WHAT HE GOT!!!
THIS HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH "APRIL TINSEY'S MURDER", I WAS SHEARING AN EXAMPLE WITH SOMETHING THAT WAS SAID.
Nah nah nahhhhhh. Kulon being shot up like that had nothing to do with what you're talking about. It DID however have to do with ALL the dirt that he done did in his past and Kulon was rendered powerless at the time. It was basically set up. He couldn't run,nothing. Right there at his daughters birthday party in the backyard. He was wheelchair bound at the time too recovering from some other shit. They SPRAYEDDD the shit out of Kulon that day. Shots rang out from all corners of that yard. People were diving and scattered. Gunman came from different areas of the yard to spray Kulon with gunfire. They wanted Kulon dead without a doubt. Kulon did so much shit in his past. Everything from robbery to murder to carjacking to burglary to snitching. Just ask Marques Lockett or Aaron Isby. You can't go just fucking any ole body over and think you can keep getting away with it. It was shocking Kulon lived as long as he did as he lived on for real borrowed time and no offense to his family. His son died about 2 years ago too. He was murdered at a gas station. He too was shot up. They pulled up in a truck with a bed attached and shot him.

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Keith wrote:
I just posted my opinion, I never once blamed no one. And to the person posting as Detroit, have you told the police what you posted here, and have they checked out what you are saying. I would just like to see the person or persons responsible for these murders brought to justice. Whoever is responsible should also be charged for Tara's death too. The reason Tara's death bothered me so bad was I lost my mom in 1990 to suicide and I just remember how bad I felt for her and her family after losing Sara and Tara.
No. In the past I talked to Michigan State Police about Gary`s involvement in the Michigan Oakland county Child Killings (OCCK). Police showed little interest and I`ve since learned that the year before Gary`s own sister had also named him as the OCCK child killer, but that her DNA didn`t match a hair found on the kids. This would be because Gary intentionally shoved a hair from someone other than himself up inside the victims nose for police to find. People on this forum have contacted police telling them that I`m crazy and some months ago the FBI even came to my home investigating me about some murder of a girl named Nevaeh Buchanan in Ohio. The girl was encased with cement above ground along a fishing river and apparently the bast*ard did it when she was still breathing. All that because I once commented that it seems likely to me that the victims mothers boyfriend who works with cement and has a pedophile history is the likely killer and he, Kennedy, hed commented about going fishing that day. I never had a police contact to talk to about the Tinsely murder. I do have a witness that can verify that my brother once owned a green truck with matching camper, as seen at the time of the drop off of the notes and condoms.

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Compare APRIL TINSELY`S MURDERS TO THE OTHERS Gary claims to have committed. Gary thinks that he`s the 2nd ZODIAC Killer. ZODIAC OFTEN killed on/near Holidays. Someone called Jim DUNBAR show claiming to be the Zodiac killer. Call records showed calls came from OAKLAND California. In 1976-77, the OAKLAND County Child Killings (OCCK) occurred in Michigan, near Detroit, mimicking the ZODIAC. All 4 victims were abducted on WED/SUN Gary`s days off. As ZODIAC had often killed on/near Holidays, OCCK were all abducted or dumped ONE DAY FROM the Major Holidays of CHRISTMAS, NEW YEARS, VALENTINES AND ST. PATRICK`S DAY. ZODIAC was commonly thought to be arhur leigh ALLEN. In the midst of the OCCK killings Jane ALLAN was murdered. The Iowa abduction/murders were all WED/SUN except in the midst Marc ALLEN was abducted ONE DAY from EASTER. The OCCK were in DEC., JAN., FEB., & March. APRIL Tinsely was murdered in APRIL and her body dumped in ALLEN County. ZODIAC style threats to kill children with backward letters were left after her murder, as well as semen in a condom matching that left in Tinsely. This occurred the day after news about BTK Killer became public. Then on the 20th anniversary of the OCCK, Jonbenet Ramsey was murdered the morning after CHRISTMAS and co-conspirator Michael Helgoth was murdered on VALENTINES, exactly coinciding with two of the four OCCK dates. At Helgoth`s murder was left a Tim ALLEN vcr tape with the middle taped over about child abductions. OCCK boys were molested ANALLY, perhaps with an object, and strangled. April Tinsely was molested with vaginally with a beer can and strangled. Jonbenet Ramsey was molested vaginally with a paint brush stick and strangled. Additionally OCCK were in DEC., JAN. FEB. & MARCH. APRIL Tinsely was murdered in APRIL. After Jonbenet Ramseys murder, hobos who had witnessed a girl being carried were murdered. Hobo JULIan was murdered in JULY, then the other two allegedly murdered in AUG. & SEPT. ZODIAC NOTES were in The JBRamsey Ransom note and excerpts from the NICK of Time to brag about his abduction murder of Morgan NICK n Alma Arkansas. FBI needs to compare the naked neck down photo he sent about Tinsely to eye witness accounts at NICK`s abduction.

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

After the JBRamsey murder a series of murders of college age men began called the Smiley face murders. All the first seven victims were WED/SUN/ holidays and included victim Horvath/ALLEN. One victim with a Smiley face on his neck was dumped at DUNBAR Wisconsin. Jim DUNBAR show. Two Michigan victims had been at schools called LINCOLN. 30 of the Smiley Face victims pertain to LINCOLN and the civil War. among them are Jesse James Archer, Brandon graves at Sumpter, Robert leigh, etc... OCCK victim ROBINson is why 30 smiley Face victims are animals such as BURROws. LEPPERT, Wolfe, olBERDing, PIKE, etc. ROBINsonn was followed by Mihelich dumped at Bruce Lane, bruce wayne being batman. likewise smiley face victims are LANGLOIS, OLSEN, Sullivan, etc... Unabomber lived in LINCOLN Montana, and mailed bomb in book ICE BROTHERS. smiley face victims have even spread to Europe with victims buBEAR, nICE, and in France they call Smiley Face JACK the PUSHER BECAUSE THREE WERE PUSHED TO THEIR DEATH. GARY IS ALSO THE CRUISE SHIP KILLER because the hero of Ice brothers rides in a boat during pearl harbor. That`s why Smiley Face victims are murdered on bars on PEARL street.

Then there`s the 3 in a row killings where he murdered kids in 3 cities in a row in Puerto Rico with the only ones left over intersecting Fort ALLEN.

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

All coincidence??? then why was Tinsely dumped one day from EASTER just like Marc ALLEN, and then Tinsely dumped in ALLEN county. Then there`s BOOTH. BOOTH shot LINCOLN. BOOTH was dumped in RIDDLEy creek and a Smiley Face and Zodiac symbol were both left. RIDDLE me why Batman?? Why are all the Smiley face victims from 1997 to 2005 in ODD days in NOV, even days in DEC, odd days in Jan., even days in FEB, and odd days in march. The only exceptions are murders which occurred on WED/sun & hOLIDAYS.
Ft Wayne

Fort Wayne, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Bronx Fitness wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah nah nahhhhhh. Kulon being shot up like that had nothing to do with what you're talking about. It DID however have to do with ALL the dirt that he done did in his past and Kulon was rendered powerless at the time. It was basically set up. He couldn't run,nothing. Right there at his daughters birthday party in the backyard. He was wheelchair bound at the time too recovering from some other shit. They SPRAYEDDD the shit out of Kulon that day. Shots rang out from all corners of that yard. People were diving and scattered. Gunman came from different areas of the yard to spray Kulon with gunfire. They wanted Kulon dead without a doubt. Kulon did so much shit in his past. Everything from robbery to murder to carjacking to burglary to snitching. Just ask Marques Lockett or Aaron Isby. You can't go just fucking any ole body over and think you can keep getting away with it. It was shocking Kulon lived as long as he did as he lived on for real borrowed time and no offense to his family. His son died about 2 years ago too. He was murdered at a gas station. He too was shot up. They pulled up in a truck with a bed attached and shot him.
Now Lockett and Isby need what they gave Terry Wappes in his cab. 1 down 2 to go.
Ft Wayne

Fort Wayne, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

DETROIT wrote:
Compare APRIL TINSELY`S MURDERS TO THE OTHERS Gary claims to have committed. Gary thinks that he`s the 2nd ZODIAC Killer. ZODIAC OFTEN killed on/near Holidays. Someone called Jim DUNBAR show claiming to be the Zodiac killer. Call records showed calls came from OAKLAND California. In 1976-77, the OAKLAND County Child Killings (OCCK) occurred in Michigan, near Detroit, mimicking the ZODIAC. All 4 victims were abducted on WED/SUN Gary`s days off. As ZODIAC had often killed on/near Holidays, OCCK were all abducted or dumped ONE DAY FROM the Major Holidays of CHRISTMAS, NEW YEARS, VALENTINES AND ST. PATRICK`S DAY. ZODIAC was commonly thought to be arhur leigh ALLEN. In the midst of the OCCK killings Jane ALLAN was murdered. The Iowa abduction/murders were all WED/SUN except in the midst Marc ALLEN was abducted ONE DAY from EASTER. The OCCK were in DEC., JAN., FEB., & March. APRIL Tinsely was murdered in APRIL and her body dumped in ALLEN County. ZODIAC style threats to kill children with backward letters were left after her murder, as well as semen in a condom matching that left in Tinsely. This occurred the day after news about BTK Killer became public. Then on the 20th anniversary of the OCCK, Jonbenet Ramsey was murdered the morning after CHRISTMAS and co-conspirator Michael Helgoth was murdered on VALENTINES, exactly coinciding with two of the four OCCK dates. At Helgoth`s murder was left a Tim ALLEN vcr tape with the middle taped over about child abductions. OCCK boys were molested ANALLY, perhaps with an object, and strangled. April Tinsely was molested with vaginally with a beer can and strangled. Jonbenet Ramsey was molested vaginally with a paint brush stick and strangled. Additionally OCCK were in DEC., JAN. FEB. & MARCH. APRIL Tinsely was murdered in APRIL. After Jonbenet Ramseys murder, hobos who had witnessed a girl being carried were murdered. Hobo JULIan was murdered in JULY, then the other two allegedly murdered in AUG. & SEPT. ZODIAC NOTES were in The JBRamsey Ransom note and excerpts from the NICK of Time to brag about his abduction murder of Morgan NICK n Alma Arkansas. FBI needs to compare the naked neck down photo he sent about Tinsely to eye witness accounts at NICK`s abduction.
If you have all this information, why aren't any of these case's solved?

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Police in Michigan are very inefficient. They had a hair found on one of the victims and mislabeled it as from an animal. Recently a parent who`s a lawyer had to sue to get information and then police suddenly realized that they had the hair AND FINALLY TESTED IT AFTER 20 YEARS.
Colorado police are similar in that they`ve received so many letters that they throw them all away.
My suspects own sister has also named him as a child killer. Yet Michigan police try to label me as crazy when other police agencies contact them, then when I post something on the Internet the FBI comes to my home and accuses me of being a serial killer.
I`ve never contacted anyone about the April Tinsely case. If someone from the police contacts me I can give them the name of someone other than myself who knows about the green truck with green camper top seen when the notes were left with the condom.

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Ft Wayne wrote:
<quoted text>Now Lockett and Isby need what they gave Terry Wappes in his cab. 1 down 2 to go.
#1 Police in Michigan are inefficient and have labeled me as crazy, even though my suspect Gary`s own sister has also named him as a child serial killer. How do two people, his sister and I, both label Gary as a serial killer, when her and I have never met and live in separate states?
#2 Police can`t believe that Gary could kill so many people
#3 Gary has never been convicted of a felony, so his DNA is not in CODIS
#4 Killers always bra to someone about what they`ve done, yet the average person doesn`t believe this. Proof for this is that even in prison, killers brag to other convicts and many times that`s how they`re caught
Ft Wayne

Fort Wayne, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

DETROIT wrote:
Police in Michigan are very inefficient. They had a hair found on one of the victims and mislabeled it as from an animal. Recently a parent who`s a lawyer had to sue to get information and then police suddenly realized that they had the hair AND FINALLY TESTED IT AFTER 20 YEARS.
Colorado police are similar in that they`ve received so many letters that they throw them all away.
My suspects own sister has also named him as a child killer. Yet Michigan police try to label me as crazy when other police agencies contact them, then when I post something on the Internet the FBI comes to my home and accuses me of being a serial killer.
I`ve never contacted anyone about the April Tinsely case. If someone from the police contacts me I can give them the name of someone other than myself who knows about the green truck with green camper top seen when the notes were left with the condom.
Contact the FBI. They will listen to you.

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Ft Wayne wrote:
<quoted text>Contact the FBI. They will listen to you.
I have posted stuff on the Internet for 7 years after Michigan Police did nothing. About a year so ago the FBI came to my house accusing me of having killed some girl in Ohio named Nevaeh Buchnan. I have barely ever been in Ohio and certainly didn`t ever kill anyone. I had posted that it seemed likely to me that the killer was the girls mothers pedophile boyfriend he worked with cemeent and had said that he was going fishing the day nevaeh was murdered. Neveah was found encased in cement along a fishing river and apparently he had done this when she was still alive. Very gruesome b*stard. yet the FBI comes to my house to investigate me. I`m working on getting something done soon through a tv person, hopefully.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Columbia City Discussions

Search the Columbia City Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Please Help!! Sun Crusader 1
Many walk in solidarity for gay couples at Prid... Jul 27 Pattysboi 5
Who do you support for U.S. House in Indiana (D... (Oct '10) Jul 25 lmfao 89
Review: Buddy's Pizza Buffet (Jul '08) Jul 24 the answer man 39
Calvin Perry,s Murder (Mar '10) Jul 23 gman 89
naked snapchat Jul 23 harryharry1990 31
Gay marriage fight unlikely to disappear soon Jul 23 Xavier Breath 359
•••
•••