1988 April Tinsley Murder To Be Ameri...

1988 April Tinsley Murder To Be America's Most Wanted Profile Case

There are 9246 comments on the NBC 33 News story from Mar 31, 2009, titled 1988 April Tinsley Murder To Be America's Most Wanted Profile Case. In it, NBC 33 News reports that:

It's been almost 21-years and police still need your help. The TV show America's Most Wanted is stepping in, to try to solve the decades-old April Tinsley murder.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 33 News.

Justice IS Comin

Dundee, IL

#9403 Mar 19, 2011
Almost4Gotten wrote:
It's nice to see people are still remembering and trying to solve April's case. After 23 years you would think this guy would have been caught. I am not sure the FBI or police are doing any more with this as no new tips seem to be coming in and nothing has been in the media. People seem to have forgotten.
Justice nevers sleeps.

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#9404 Mar 19, 2011
Justice IS Comin wrote:
Happy 31st Birthday April.
Happy 31st Birthday April, now LE needs to catch the SICK,SELFISH, SOB who took 23 of those precious years on earth away from you, 23 Birthdays' you could have celebrated with friends and family on earth, you'll sleep in peace the moment he is caught, Justice IS Comin'

Location hidden

#9405 Mar 24, 2011
The Little Boy who says he went to Heaven, words from the mouth of a 4 year old, reading this story convinces me April knows in spirit what happened to her, she knows he hasn't been apprehended, she is waiting patiently, she is safe now:

This is no doubt what April experienced click on link........

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/42191453/ns/tod...
Justice IS Comin

Fort Wayne, IN

#9406 Mar 24, 2011
CybersuzieQ wrote:
The Little Boy who says he went to Heaven, words from the mouth of a 4 year old, reading this story convinces me April knows in spirit what happened to her, she knows he hasn't been apprehended, she is waiting patiently, she is safe now:
This is no doubt what April experienced click on link........
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/42191453/ns/tod...
The Lord wants the purest of hearts.
Justice IS Comin

Fort Wayne, IN

#9407 Mar 26, 2011
CybersuzieQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy 31st Birthday April, now LE needs to catch the SICK,SELFISH, SOB who took 23 of those precious years on earth away from you, 23 Birthdays' you could have celebrated with friends and family on earth, you'll sleep in peace the moment he is caught, Justice IS Comin'
I think this person has low intelligense. Think's he is smarter than most. I believe he writes like he talks. Is under the understanding he is never going to be caught. He's wrong. He has had very little if any relationships. Is quite familar with northeast Ft Wayne. More than likely live's in that area. And feels comfortible in his surroundings. A person females would see a weird, or geeky. Nearly a dozen men have refused to give thier DNA. For whatever reason. Family members who suspect another family member or someone related to one who has refused to give DNA can give thier DNA. There are family markings in DNA. So the person in question can refuse, but another family member can give thiers.If you have a family member you suspect or knows that has refused to give DNA, yours is just as good.

Location hidden

#9408 Apr 6, 2011
Justice IS Comin wrote:
<quoted text>I think this person has low intelligense. Think's he is smarter than most. I believe he writes like he talks. Is under the understanding he is never going to be caught. He's wrong. He has had very little if any relationships. Is quite familar with northeast Ft Wayne. More than likely live's in that area. And feels comfortible in his surroundings. A person females would see a weird, or geeky. Nearly a dozen men have refused to give thier DNA. For whatever reason. Family members who suspect another family member or someone related to one who has refused to give DNA can give thier DNA. There are family markings in DNA. So the person in question can refuse, but another family member can give thiers.If you have a family member you suspect or knows that has refused to give DNA, yours is just as good.
We will NEVER let go of April's case until her killer is caught, and still we will NEVER let go because we really and truly care.
In spirit April wants him caught I pray daily she gets the justice she so deserves. April's case must stay in the forefront.
JPF

Glenmont, OH

#9409 Apr 7, 2011
I read one of the notes again and again. It appears as if he is trying to code a message in the notes. In one of the notes he writes "I am the same person that kinapped an Rape an Kill Aproil Tinsley" After looking at that sentence he is calling himself a pro... I am Aproil.

This guy needs to be found. What an arrogant piece of trash.
Justice IS Comin

Fort Wayne, IN

#9410 Apr 10, 2011
JPF wrote:
I read one of the notes again and again. It appears as if he is trying to code a message in the notes. In one of the notes he writes "I am the same person that kinapped an Rape an Kill Aproil Tinsley" After looking at that sentence he is calling himself a pro... I am Aproil.
This guy needs to be found. What an arrogant piece of trash.
He got the I am and the O right, but most would say he meant I am a A@SHOLE.

Location hidden

#9411 Apr 11, 2011
family wrote:
some says he could be dead but i dont think so somone like that dont die he grows old then he dies there is all kinds of stuff on the internet about the case in fortwayne news every little story is differnt from the other one of them i seen sayed that the guilt was left behind at a house some where now how does anyone no that the other said it was left at some of his friends house again if there was any truth to that they would have wittnesses to who it belongs to and at the house if they found it in a house were he use to live there should be a lease look at it to see who was renting it
I have no idea how you are related to April it's great to see her family is posting, I believe April's killer is still very much alive. I have seen on a news clip that a picture of the quilt was found in a house not the actual quilt (bedspread)I'm sure LE has a lot more information to go on and a good idea of who committed this crime. I do think this case will be solved, this guy is one sick, twisted, puppy. I'm sure he knows this forum exists anything written about April's case is of extreme interest to him because in his pee brain it's all about him, when really it's all about justice for April.

Location hidden

#9412 Apr 11, 2011
Justice IS Comin wrote:
<quoted text>He got the I am and the O right, but most would say he meant I am a A@SHOLE.
Absolutely he is a very sick twisted individual and he thrives on the attention through media and newspaper we know that much, he enjoys thinking he is the focus, the only focus is seeing April finally receive the justice she deserves. It takes a sick mind to even entertain committing such a lewd, sadistic, crime against a child, it takes a much sicker mind to actually carry it out.

Location hidden

#9413 Apr 13, 2011
Quote John Walsh 2009:

This week, AMW goes inside some very tough cases. John tells Avery about the Unknown April Tinsley Killer, in which the killer had kidnapped and sexually assaulted his 8-year-old victim. Over the years, the killer has left a trail of clues, including DNA samples, claiming that he had murdered that little girl. including "He may be at the top of my list to catch," says John, "because he's a dangerous, dangerous predator."
Who

Savannah, GA

#9415 Apr 27, 2011
over 9,000 comments on this thread....wow!!! LET IT GO! FOR REAL!
Justice IS Comin

Fort Wayne, IN

#9416 Apr 27, 2011
Who wrote:
I can't speak for anybody else, but when I know the person who did this is burning in hell, I plan to let it go. For real.

Location hidden

#9417 Apr 27, 2011
Who wrote:
Why would you even suggest letting go? You don't see this case in the same light as the people of Fort Wayne, Indiana and for that matter people from all over the planet who believe April deserves justice, she was brutally, beaten, tortured,raped, and murdered, she was 8 years old, the perpetrator has not been caught, it's been 23 years he needs to pay for this horrific, crime against an innocent, defenseless, baby. Think about it this maniac is still among the population, he still has access to innocent children, he needs to be put away for good, better still put to death, an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth, April met her executioner, it's high time he meets his.
Floridian

Tampa, FL

#9418 May 22, 2011
CybersuzieQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I found it strange when I read Crow was watching Jessica's prayer vigil on television with a neighbour from the apartment complex, Jessica was missing a shoe when her body was recovered. And you are correct the wheels of justice turn slow. The wheel never stops turning and justice will prevail.
I knew Jessica and have always been frustrated that James Crow got only 40 years. I am not familiar with April's case, but if there is any possibility he was involved we should make sure that those who could officially connect he two cases know about the similarities. I regularly check his name with he Florida Department of Corrections and it sickens me to see a release date there. He deserves to die in prison.

Location hidden

#9419 May 22, 2011
Floridian wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew Jessica and have always been frustrated that James Crow got only 40 years. I am not familiar with April's case, but if there is any possibility he was involved we should make sure that those who could officially connect he two cases know about the similarities. I regularly check his name with he Florida Department of Corrections and it sickens me to see a release date there. He deserves to die in prison.
Please continue to post your comments and if you could tell us everything you possibly can about this Crow character, a poster by the name of "Justice is Comin" brought Jessica's case to the attention of the regular posters on this forum. There is a video about her case called " A Bag of Evidence," it was on TV and the show was called,"Forensic Files" I've tried to bring the video up on the internet no luck. It's ironic how similar the two cases are April's and Jessica's yet April's was extremely brutal in comparison. April was beaten,tortured, and brutally raped by a sadist. If you bring up April's case on America's Most Wanted hosted by John Walsh you will see for yourself what a sick child predator this maniac really is.Do you know much about Crow and his past? Looking forward to hearing from you.

Location hidden

#9420 May 23, 2011
I just viewed this weirdo's photograph, I checked out the Florida Department of Corrections interesting to see what this creep looks like. Thanks so much for the information and I agree he should rot in prison LE should never have to release these crazies.

DC Number: 165847
Name: CROW, JAMES E JR
Race: WHITE
Sex: MALE
Hair Color: BROWN
Eye Color: BLUE
Height: 5'11''
Weight: 232 lbs.
Birth Date: 04/07/1962
Initial Receipt Date: 06/18/1998
Current Facility: GRACEVILLE C.F.
Current Custody: CLOSE
Current Release Date: 06/14/2035
(Release Date subject to change pending gain time award, gain time forfeiture, or review. A 'TO BE SET' Release Date is to be established pending review.)

Aliases:
JAMES CROW JAMES CROW E
JAMES E CROW JR JAMES EDWARD CROW JR
SIR EDDIE

Location hidden

#9421 May 26, 2011
Grand Jury Indicts Girl's Neighbor In Her Slaying
By Beth Taylor of The Sentinel Staff, May 2, 1996
A Seminole County grand jury indicted James Edward Crow Jr. on first-degree murder and kidnapping charges Wednesday in the April 5 strangulation of 9-year-old Jessica Knott.Altamonte Springs police arrested Crow, 34, on April 13. Police have suggested the out-of-work Navy veteran might have lured the little girl into his truck with a Happy Meal and a dog named Punkin.Jessica's mother told police that the voice on a 911 tape of a man telling police where to find the body sounded like Crow's voice.

Location hidden

#9422 May 26, 2011
The date on the notes left by April's killer is written military style. April was missing a shoe, Jessica was missing a shoe, April was found fully dressed, Jessica was found fully dressed, April was abducted on Good Friday, Jessica was abducted on Good Friday,Crow knew his victim, did April know her killer? Crow lived in the same apartment complex as his little victim, did April's killer live close by? Crow wanted Jessica found, April's killer wanted April found, Jessica wasn't raped, April was raped, if you google info on James Edward Crow/ Jessica Knott, you'll learn more about this ex- Navy veteran.

Location hidden

#9423 Sep 11, 2011
Has there been any progress or up to date information on April Tinsley's case? The last I heard over 400 people were being DNA tested.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Exchange Students to Arrive in the Fall 2 hr Nina FIEA 1
Gregory Pelletier 13 hr mama 1
Town employee drives town truck (Aug '12) 23 hr not there anymore 3
News Lawsuit cites Indiana's new religious objection... Jul 3 kuda 2
Adoption Jul 1 Hopeful0913 1
Hookers in Ft Wayne Jun 29 JerkOffs 2
Gay man looking for straight man. Discrete (Nov '14) Jun 23 Devil snake 4
More from around the web

Columbia City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE