GOP revisits gay marriage amendment

Feb 1, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Journal Gazette

INDIANAPOLIS Republican legislative leaders said a decision is coming next week on whether the constitutional amendment banning gay marriage should move forward this session.

Republican House Speaker Brian Bosma said he believes it should wait until after the U.S. Supreme Court weighs in this summer on the matter.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of21
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Well thank you kindly, Speaker Bosma.

Now make it STICK!
Dubya

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Are they serious? Keep digging that hole, GOP!

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

The "conservative" GOPasaurs must not be as confident about winning the Prop 8 case as they pretend to be if they're going to wait until after the SCOTUS decision to decide how to move forward.

I take that as yet another good sign.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Dubya wrote:
Are they serious? Keep digging that hole, GOP!
You DID notice the election last November, didn't you? You are aware of what lost the race for Romney, aren't you? Possibly them being about 180 degrees from the rest of the country may have done something about the outcome.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

By the time SCOTUS rules on Prop 8, the results will be in from most of the states that are now considering marriage equality: RI, DE, NJ, IL, MN, NM, and HI. They'll not only get some guidance from SCOTUS what language would be most survivable, they'll get to see how harshly the winds of public opinion are blowing against them.

As change appears to be gathering strength, of course, Indiana Republicans will only increase the urgency of their call to stand in its way. And they reasonably expect to be well-fed for their quixotic charges.

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

nhjeff wrote:
By the time SCOTUS rules on Prop 8, the results will be in from most of the states that are now considering marriage equality: RI, DE, NJ, IL, MN, NM, and HI. They'll not only get some guidance from SCOTUS what language would be most survivable, they'll get to see how harshly the winds of public opinion are blowing against them.
As change appears to be gathering strength, of course, Indiana Republicans will only increase the urgency of their call to stand in its way. And they reasonably expect to be well-fed for their quixotic charges.
Just a side note- NJ is waiting until after the Jun primaries to attempt to override Gov Christie's veto.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a side note- NJ is waiting until after the Jun primaries to attempt to override Gov Christie's veto.
Now THAT is interesting!
rick santorum

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

haha to all you loser homophobic christians--the supreme court is going to vote unanimously for gay rights..you are now the new kkk and that makes you awful people...may all religion go extinct..jesus christ was not the son of god
rick santorum

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

william branham followers want all gays to be killed..they are the new westboro baptist church,beware of this dangerous cult

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Now THAT is interesting!
Just smart planning. Why force a vote and risk a primary challenge. They actually have until the end of the year to override his veto; I wouldn't be suprised if it happened in the lame duck session after the election is over.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Just smart planning. Why force a vote and risk a primary challenge. They actually have until the end of the year to override his veto; I wouldn't be suprised if it happened in the lame duck session after the election is over.
Good to know that there are some real tactical brains at the helm in NJ.

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Good to know that there are some real tactical brains at the helm in NJ.
Now let's just hope it works, since Christie is a shoe in for reelection.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Now let's just hope it works, since Christie is a shoe in for reelection.
I expect him to make a bid for Prez in '16.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
I expect him to make a bid for Prez in '16.
His running would make for an interesting election, as long as he stays with his strengths and doesn't let the powers that be fold him into a box.

Of course, I doubt he would get the nomination. He's too unpredictable for many of the old guard.

Littleton, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
His running would make for an interesting election, as long as he stays with his strengths and doesn't let the powers that be fold him into a box.
Of course, I doubt he would get the nomination. He's too unpredictable for many of the old guard.
So true about being boxed in by the Republican Party. My personal theory is that, starting at least as early as GHWB, Republicans began doping their Presidential candidates.

I don't think Cristie will succumb to their pressure. And I actually like him, even if I am aghast at some of the policies he's pursued.

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

I tend to agree that Christie will run in '16, but he won't get the nomination. Neither will Rubio now that he supports "amnesty".

The GOPasaurs will go hard right one last time and offer up a sacrificial lamb to counter Hillary.

I doubt they will even bother offering a candidate to run against Hillary's reelection in 2020.

IF the GOP survives, they will do a major reorganization during Hillary's presidency and then field a truly conservative (economic- not social) candidate in '24.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

WeTheSheeple wrote:
I tend to agree that Christie will run in '16, but he won't get the nomination. Neither will Rubio now that he supports "amnesty".
The GOPasaurs will go hard right one last time and offer up a sacrificial lamb to counter Hillary.
I doubt they will even bother offering a candidate to run against Hillary's reelection in 2020.
IF the GOP survives, they will do a major reorganization during Hillary's presidency and then field a truly conservative (economic- not social) candidate in '24.
2024? Why not plan on 2050 while they are at it? I wonder what they that are thinking at times. Romney was a throw away. All that money and work for nothing. How cynical and unrealistic can they get?

Littleton, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

WeTheSheeple wrote:
It will probably take more than a dozen years to fix the economy and the budget so that Republicans can come in and screw it all up again.

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

They actually thought they were going to win in 2012. When someone as disciplined politically as Karl Rove goes off the deep end on live television you know something went terribly, terribly wrong.
I had moments of waivering in the month before the election but my inbox was being flooded with involvement invitations from the Obama campaign and.realized we had already bagged it about 15 days out.
There is still much reason to be concerned on a state level all across the country. The gerrymandering has created roadblocks that are going to be tough to break for both house and senate races. I'd love to see our house numbers improved but can only hope the local party's are looking for viable candidates to run against current seat holders who are so unpopular all across the country.
As to Christy, yes he might well get the nod BUT the man is a walking heart attack just waiting to happen and if it does happen his chances for survival are pretty damned slim given his enormous weight. It doesn't look like he's willing to do anything to prevent it either. The pressures of a presidential campaign are mighty high.
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>2024? Why not plan on 2050 while they are at it? I wonder what they that are thinking at times. Romney was a throw away. All that money and work for nothing. How cynical and unrealistic can they get?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Really, who do they have?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of21
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Columbia City Discussions

Search the Columbia City Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Gay marriage fight unlikely to disappear soon 1 hr Xavier Breath 360
Who do you support for U.S. House in Indiana (D... (Oct '10) 1 hr Two Cents 86
naked snapchat 5 hr Cheekieteekie 30
US, Pakistan looking more like enemies than allies (Jun '12) Tue Madrasa Fried Paki 26
Calvin Perry,s Murder (Mar '10) Mon gman 88
John Clements Railroader Jul 15 True 2
Review: Ortiz Tires And Auto Service Jul 11 Martin Thompson 5
•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbia City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••