Dan O

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2008

I think this is the best pizza to come to Fort Wayne yet its cheap and includes Drink and Pizza Buffet for $6.99 making it affordable for the whole family or just yourself I would definitely come and check this place out for your own.
Linda A

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2008

I wasn't really impressed with it, went around 5pm had a coupon, ad on coupon stated pizza, pasta,salad, dessert,drink, there was no pasta or desert, lettuce was watery, and had to wait about 20 mins on bread sticks.
Larry S

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2008

It's really hit or miss. The best part is their unusual specialty pizzas - mac & cheese pizza, coney dog pizza, jalapeno popper pizza - just to name a few. Sounds weird, but they're GREAT!!! You have to ask for some pizza's, which they will put right out - same with pasta or dessert. I think they're still working out the bugs of opening a new restaurant. Make sure you ask for their garlic dipping sauce for eating your crusts - it's the best I've ever tasted.
John and Mary

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2008

Last night was our first time trying Buddys Pizza Buffet. The selection was great. There were alot of pizzas that we had never heard of that we tried and really liked. Our waiter was A guy named Chris. He was very helpful, personable and very knowledgable about the different pizzas. It was very nice of him to take his time and explain the different pizzas to us.He made the visit so much better than it would have been. We actually thought he was the owner as he seemed way to advanced in his knowledge and comunication skills to just be a server. For 6.99 ( drink and pizza buffet included) you cant go wrong people. Way better than pizza hut in our opinion. Ask for Chris and you will have a great visit like we did. We will be back thats for sure. Thanks buddys.
Joe Turbo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2008

staff is friendly. The typical pizza's are ok, tastes like there is a little cinnomon in the sauce. They do have a pizza there called "4 cheese and Feta Pizza" this pizza is great! some kind of alfredo sauce instead of pizza sauce and also topped with a few bell and banana peppers, just enough for flavoring. They also have a deluxe without pizza sauce, this one was good too. pretty basic place, not fancy or stylish, pizzas and salad for $5, good deal!
Matt M

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2008

For the money, you can't really beat Buddy's. We've always been seated right away, the servers are friendly, and while the pizza may not be "world-class," you'd couldn't make anything close at home for the money....especially not the variety offered. I think the one on Anthony opening soon will do well....with college students right down the street (who need to frugal...), this place should do well. We'll be back...it's a good value.
Amy

Marion, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2009

Judged:

I went to Buddy's and this guy was tossing dough around in the kitchen. Like playing with it. There were no good pizza's. They were all old and when we asked for fresh pizza's they only put one out. I think they should just save the time and money and close the doors. It was a good try but I don't they are going to last long.
Jay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2009

Judged:

I went to the first store on Coliseum and it was good, recently visited again when they moved it to Georgetown and it too was good. The price is fair, the food is good, the staff is friendly .. why would they close the doors? I think the last comment is from a representative of "Pizza Hut!" lol Like the other guy said earlier in the thread, if you ask them to make a pizza, they do. I will be back.
Dave H

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2009

I agree about the pizza. They have a great concept here.$5.00 allday, everyday. That's all great except for the food companies that are supplying this establishment. I personally know. I used to be the restaurant manager of 2 locations. I know for a fact that they have used Sofo Food Service, USFoods, Stanz Foods, and Gorden food service. I also know why Buddy's Pizza Buffet has gone through all these food suppliers since they opened their first store on July 5, 2008 is because Richard Owen Brunner is a Rip Off Master. He orders supplies until the distributor cuts him off for nonpayment. Look him up on www.ripoffreport.com
The best question to ask yourself is do you want to support a company that is committing fraud to food suppliers.
Buddys

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2009

Judged:

Wow... what a bunch of bogus.. ask this lying thief manager why he is NO LONGER an employee of Buddy's. Nice Dave, real nice. I appreciate the letter from you too where it said "I learned so much from you and you'll always be my friend.." So much for friendship. Good luck getting fired from your next job.
Rich aka "the Rip Off Master"
To our customers, the bald guy (aka Dave) who used to work at our stores and told you he owned the place, even though he stole enough of it, he didn't own it. And if I owe you a dime, you'll get paid.. trust me! Thanks to all our real friends, customers, staff, and supporters!
Buddy's Pizza Buffet Owners
Kim R

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2009

Judged:

New store opened in Albion. They cant make up their minds on prices or polies. One time you go in and it one thing and next time its totally different. They wont succeed in a small town that way! Its all the Ft wayne employees that come up here that do this. They wont be around long... Been 4 other pizza places there prior to them!
Mike

Fort Wayne, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2009

Judged:

We go there for lunch at Albion all the time. We've never been charged different and food is always good. Brenda is always nice.
Betty W

Kendallville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2009

Judged:

I have eaten there twice. Both times I requested a dessert pizza, only to be informed that they did not have the ingredients to make it. What a shame not to keep enough in the stores to make what the customers order.
Also, as for the owner, I think it is very tacky to verbally bash on a public forum while trying to promote such a new "franchise".
Todd

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2009

Judged:

This place is nothing more than a joke. The owners expect the managers to create miracles out of the little product they have available to them. I have been to eat at Buddys more than 15 times. Every single time I request a pizza ( seafood pizza, mac and cheese pizza, baked bean pizza) anything they are usually out of it.( meaning the owners hasnt bought enough product for them to run the place) The salad bar is inconsistent, sometimes you have black olives, sometimes you dont, sometimes you have large croutons sometimes small and most of the time they are out of something on there. They claim pizza, salad and pasta for $5. I have only seen pasta on it two times and it was dried out and nasty. They are out of tea half the time. They change the price over and over again and nothing they do as a business is smart or practical. They put up two billboards stating the buffet is $5 all day everyday. Then raise the price to $5.49 within days of doing it. Being out of any product at all is unacceptable but being out of it MOST of the time is unreal. I don't like their pizza sauce, I mean, who puts cinnamon in pizza sauce? If youv'e never been don't waste your time or money. I can honestly say its NOT worth the price and it will be more trouble then your looking to get into. Pay a little more and go to Pizza Hut, atleast they have their shit together.
Aaron

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2009

Judged:

This place has a lot of problems. They will be closed before long. They have been lying to the IRS and are about to be busted for it.This could have been a great place if the owners knew how to run a restaurant. I have not talked to ONE employee that likes Rich or Ryan either one. Out of 10 employees Ive spoken with they have ripped over 8 of them off pay. Very shady people running a very shady business. Stay far away from this crowd people.
Deb

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2009

todd- if you do not like the food then why have you been there 15 times? I have been there a few times myself. I have never had any problems with the service or food. Every time I request a pizza it is out promptly. All in all Buddy's is a great place to eat. You should at least try it once.
kokoko-mo

Fort Wayne, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2009

this is so funny!! haters! i work at cici's pizza and these guys are alot like us. all these people talking smack is so funny to me. let them start a new place and let everyone hate on them, so funny so funny. it sounds like a bunch of haters just trying to make them sound bad, we got people doing the same to us on the web. probably that former employee dude. you all should find something better to do with your time. oh yeah, he went there 15 times and it is horrible? roflmao i always go some where that is terrible 15 times!! lol oh and dude who knows they have irs problems, what gas station do you work at? how the heck would you know this? if they did i am sure the government would take care of them. get a life you loser haters!
Brent

Elyria, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2009

I'm from NY, so I KNOW my pizza; check out the variety of my favorite old hangout ( http://www.patriciaspizza.com/pizzamenu.htm ). I've been to Buddy's about a dozen times. I think the pizza is pretty average -- unique though, with a sweeter than average sauce. Most of the time, it's taken me quite a while to get waited on, but it's a buffet so I can get off my own duff and let them know what I'm having. The kinds of pizza on the buffet at any given time are hit and miss. Sometimes everything is fresh; sometimes it tastes like it's been sitting for hours. Sometimes there's a lot of variety; sometimes there's only a couple of pies. It's particularly tough on weekend nights: The place is packed, and there's never enough of the most popular pizzas (HINT: Put more than on Mac & Cheese pizza in the oven at a time). I've seen a variety of prices too:$5 on billboard downtown (and when the place first opened),$5+ on the banner in front of the building. I eat there because it's cheap. Sure, it could be better -- the Cherry Coke always seems to be out or broken when I'm there -- but most things could. Not bad for the $$$.
Secret Squirrel

West Lafayette, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2009

Brent wrote:
I'm from NY, so I KNOW my pizza; check out the variety of my favorite old hangout ( http://www.patriciaspizza.com/pizzamenu.htm ). I've been to Buddy's about a dozen times. I think the pizza is pretty average -- unique though, with a sweeter than average sauce. Most of the time, it's taken me quite a while to get waited on, but it's a buffet so I can get off my own duff and let them know what I'm having. The kinds of pizza on the buffet at any given time are hit and miss. Sometimes everything is fresh; sometimes it tastes like it's been sitting for hours. Sometimes there's a lot of variety; sometimes there's only a couple of pies. It's particularly tough on weekend nights: The place is packed, and there's never enough of the most popular pizzas (HINT: Put more than on Mac & Cheese pizza in the oven at a time). I've seen a variety of prices too:$5 on billboard downtown (and when the place first opened),$5+ on the banner in front of the building. I eat there because it's cheap. Sure, it could be better -- the Cherry Coke always seems to be out or broken when I'm there -- but most things could. Not bad for the $$$.
LOL........ I've lived in CA, does that mean I know surf boards....dude. Like totally.
John D

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2009

I am looking to get a hold of the owners of buddy's pizza.. i have no way to get ahold of them, other than the store adresses and phone numbers of other buisnesses which have been a failed attempt, so i figured this is the best way to let them know this information and so that everyone else relizes this. I am a past employee of the albion store that they shut down for there own personal reasons, I have been waiting about two-three weeks now for the 9 hours of my last check that they left out and the additional week pay that they have held back. I am not the only one that has had this problem! So if you guys just so happen to come across this comment i urge you to get back with me about this situation. If i do not receive a check with the correct amount of pay or hear from you, i will have no other choice but to turn you into the better buisness bureau or prosecute in small claims court. Nobody works for free... thank you for your time.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Columbia City Discussions

Search the Columbia City Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Please Help!! Sun Crusader 1
Many walk in solidarity for gay couples at Prid... Sun Pattysboi 6
Who do you support for U.S. House in Indiana (D... (Oct '10) Jul 25 lmfao 89
Calvin Perry,s Murder (Mar '10) Jul 23 gman 89
naked snapchat Jul 23 harryharry1990 31
Gay marriage fight unlikely to disappear soon Jul 23 Xavier Breath 360
US, Pakistan looking more like enemies than allies (Jun '12) Jul 22 Madrasa Fried Paki 26
•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbia City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Columbia City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••