Pembleton / Misener electronics

Pembleton / Misener electronics

Posted in the Columbia City Forum

Old Guitar Dood

Fort Wayne, IN

#1 May 30, 2011
Can anyone tell me where Pembletons / Misnener electronics ended up? I visited them by the beach volleyball court, down by the river, but have learned that they have moved again. They have d=some great inexpensive electronics I need for guitar building and repair projects that I have going on. Please e-mail me at [email protected] if you have an answer. Thanks for the help!
Stan Clauss

Fort Wayne, IN

#2 Sep 11, 2011
After changing name from Pembleton Electronics to Misener Electronics the business seems to have dropped off the edge. A terrible shame. I used to shop at their 1950's location at Columbia and Barr when Fred Pembleton, a kind and friendly (in a grumpy way) man was there. I continued to patronize subsequent locations. Inventory was amazing. What happened to it all is a mystery.
dan the phone man

Fort Wayne, IN

#3 Aug 30, 2012
there is no money anymore in discrete components. When they were down by the beach volley ball site, their building was not heated. Now when you google,them you come up with a residential address off of reed road. Probably the kids house. Jim Pembleton died august 20th 2012, so probably your best hope for discrete components is the internet.
MISENER ELECTRONICS

South Bend, IN

#4 Oct 16, 2012
dan the phone man wrote:
there is no money anymore in discrete components. When they were down by the beach volley ball site, their building was not heated. Now when you google,them you come up with a residential address off of reed road. Probably the kids house. Jim Pembleton died august 20th 2012, so probably your best hope for discrete components is the internet.
I was the owner of Misener Electronics. I had bought (Traded inventory for back pay that he owed me) 1/4 of Jim Pembleton's Front inventory. I had it up and running for 4 years. Then came along a storage company that Jim Pembleton stored the rest of his company's inventory in. They found out that Jim Pembleton had gone bankrupt so they went after me. I listened to my lawyers. So after $200,000, my house that Dan the phone man is talking about, and my company Misener Electronics was taken by the storage company because of JIM PEMBLETON'S debt to them. I did'nt have enough money to fight them. Thank you for all my customers and for the ones who knew the truth about Jim Pembleton's way of screwing people out of money and false promisses. The Company is know more. Oh by the way(Dan the phone man) I'm not his damn kid!
Parts Dude

Laotto, IN

#5 Oct 31, 2012
MISENER ELECTRONICS wrote:
<quoted text>
I was the owner of Misener Electronics. I had bought (Traded inventory for back pay that he owed me) 1/4 of Jim Pembleton's Front inventory. I had it up and running for 4 years. Then came along a storage company that Jim Pembleton stored the rest of his company's inventory in. They found out that Jim Pembleton had gone bankrupt so they went after me. I listened to my lawyers. So after $200,000, my house that Dan the phone man is talking about, and my company Misener Electronics was taken by the storage company because of JIM PEMBLETON'S debt to them. I did'nt have enough money to fight them. Thank you for all my customers and for the ones who knew the truth about Jim Pembleton's way of screwing people out of money and false promisses. The Company is know more. Oh by the way(Dan the phone man) I'm not his damn kid!
I've been using Pembleton's since the 1970's.
I came in twice when YOU were running things into the ground.
You were rude to customers and was making nasty comments about Jim (who was working a short distance away). Several friends of mine saw the same schtick.
I never went back. Karma Baby!
Florida

Daytona Beach, FL

#6 Oct 31, 2012
Parts Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been using Pembleton's since the 1970's.
I came in twice when YOU were running things into the ground.
You were rude to customers and was making nasty comments about Jim (who was working a short distance away). Several friends of mine saw the same schtick.
I never went back. Karma Baby!
Skycraft in Orlando, FL is like the old Pembleton's... I am from Fort Wayne and just shopped there. Too bad we lost the old Pembletons. I loved that place. And since Skycraft is making a go of it financially, I wonder why Pembletons could not. I also believe that fewer people exist who have the knowledge and skills to invent and create from the raw parts of a store like Skycraft or Pembletons. Let's be honest, invention, engineering, science, and fixing stuff are no longer prized skills. We a are a country of technically illiterate lemmings. Sad.
KG4ERX

Louisville, KY

#7 Jun 3, 2013
Walk in places not too far from Ft. Wayne would be Mendleson's in Dayton, Midwest Electronic Surplus in Fairborn (near Dayton), Fair Radio Sales, down the road in Lima, and Electronic Surplus in Mentor (all Ohio)

In my book all different, but all worth the drive.
Parts Dude

Churubusco, IN

#8 Jun 6, 2013
Save gas.........Allelectronics.com
jamelar

Houghton Lake, MI

#9 Nov 26, 2013
The big question to me is, where did all that stuff go? Is it in a landfill somewhere or did the likes of Mendlesons, Fair Radio, Skycraft end up with it, or at least some of it?
A few years ago, I looked around the Pembleton store. I can't even imagine moving all that inventory around to different places.
Parts Dude

Garrett, IN

#10 Nov 29, 2013
<quoted text>
Here ya go Jameslar.......Storage Wars!
dan the phone man

Ligonier, IN

#11 Nov 28, 2014
<quoted text>
I don't recall using profanity in my response. Quite frankly we all knew there was some sort of relationship between Jim and you. You might have been Jim's girlfriends son or something like that. I am sorry that you lost everything in the transition. It sounds to me like you got the short (and wrong) end of that legal battle. I had been a customer for years while you guys were on Wayne street and then moved to Industrial Park. I used to love the basement on Wayne street. it was an inventors paradise. But, unfortunately component level troubleshooting is a thing of the past. Moreover, component level solutions are also a thing of the past. Colleges are churning out a bunch of software engineers who couldn't forward bias a transistor if their life depended on it.
peter gqqdman

Fort Wayne, IN

#12 Feb 6, 2015
Meisner HAD to have been related somehow. The BS story he told was HALF TRUTHS. Nobody pays another mans judgment in a bankruptcy. MUCH more to his story. The questions remains what happened to the electronic parts and he did not help anybody here that really wanted or needed something. Much like the help I got at the place by the old Seyferts. " I DUNN-O" "DUH" I miss the bargain basement.
Oh yea Misener, who was your lawyer. NEVER buy the company name and debt JUST buy the equipment and inventory.....don't you listen to Talk radio or have a REAL liar...Lawyer?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Medicare for All rally planned downtown 1 hr Retribution 26
Colorful dinosaur along 469 (Feb '12) Jul 19 WayneCleveland 21
Hoosiers Not Paying Attention Jul 15 Dkolhoff 1
News Cemetery owners charged with fraud (Jan '08) Jul 13 Kacy 61
News 1988 April Tinsley Murder To Be America's Most ... (Apr '09) Jul 11 bstomper8891 9,256
News Indiana State trustees approve tuition, budgets Jun 28 Funwithfacts 3
News Body found in Maumee River Jun '17 Concerned 1

Columbia City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbia City Mortgages