Plan doubles lawmaker pay, ensures ra...

Plan doubles lawmaker pay, ensures raises

There are 81 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Feb 21, 2007, titled Plan doubles lawmaker pay, ensures raises. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Legislators hope to see two benefits from a bill that cleared an Indiana Senate committee Tuesday: a near-doubling of their base pay and freedom from ever having to vote on the politically sensitive issue ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Wilson

Crawfordsville, IN

#81 Feb 26, 2007
Kramer wrote:
Teacher's aren't normal, Most have plenty of spare time all summer, are protected by a too powerful of union,
and I'm sorry to say are also overpaid.
If you believe that teachers are overpaid, perhaps you should go do their job. I am quite certain that should you do that, you will quickly realize just how underpaid educators are. Education is one of the most important things we can do as a society, and you think they're overpaid? They may get the summer off, but do you realize just how much time they really get off? While they may contractually have 12 weeks off, they actually end up having between 7-10 weeks off. They will end up spending the five unpaid weeks preparing to educate the FUTURE of this country. And, while the legislatures continue to pile on extra responsibilities without compensating with greater pay, they are becoming more underpaid than they ever have been.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lawsuit cites Indiana's new religious objection... Fri kuda 2
Adoption Jul 1 Hopeful0913 1
Hookers in Ft Wayne Jun 29 JerkOffs 2
Gay man looking for straight man. Discrete (Nov '14) Jun 23 Devil snake 4
Debate: Trayvon Martin - South Whitley, IN (Apr '12) Jun 23 shawne1975 4
alan markley Jun 14 the one 1
News 2 held on cocaine, marijuana charges Jun 13 Pope Rush says 1
More from around the web

Columbia City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE