Pope Benedict defrocked 400 priests in molesting scandal

Jan 17, 2014 Full story: Journal Gazette

If you are interested in this story, you might be interested in others from The Journal Gazette.

Full Story

Since: Apr 08

Bolton, Canada

#1 Jan 17, 2014
The department(PR) for a better and cleaner image for the Roman Catholic Church is working overtime to regain their followers trust especially those people the Catholic Church wants them to come back home meaning come back to the Catholic Church.

400 not 389, not 598 or 2,453 but 400. I gather Pope Benedict came up with that rounded (400) number in one of his mystical experiences?
Are these priests names known to the police authorities? or are these men just lurking around finding victims in the general population? How many doing jail time?

With all those priests around the world who committed crimes against the innocent, 400 were defrocked.

They may have been defrocked but the number of priests should be way higher because so many others are still being protected.
Many inside the Vatican.

Sol

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#2 Jan 19, 2014
Um, actually the first paragraph of the article says "nearly 400".

Be that as it may,_I_ would like to see a list of, if not names though that would be desirable, at least which countries they came from.
Jim

United States

#3 Jan 23, 2014
The whole catholic church needs to be gotten rid of.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for U.S. House in Indiana (D... (Oct '10) 10 hr Truth 93
Christ myth theory 20 hr marissa_colbert 1
looking for military families in Ft. Wayne Area Sep 26 tanya_operationho... 1
Girl's Christmas letter to atheist dictator sho... Sep 23 Mikko 1
IN Who do you support for Treasurer in Indiana in ... (Oct '10) Sep 19 party loyalty 98
Review: Fred ORR Associates Sep 16 TruthTeller2 1
work release Sep 5 help please 1

Columbia City Jobs

Columbia City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Columbia City News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbia City

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]