Woman accused of trying to sell son

Full story: The Indianapolis Star

A northern Indiana woman who authorities said tried to sell her 2-year-old son to his grandparents for $1,000 remained jailed Thursday on a child selling charge.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of145
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Navin R Johnson

Avon, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2007

You'd think she'd be able to have more control over her actions after years of doing those Cagle exercises.
Chastity

Blue Bell, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2007

How could this thought even run across somebody's mind? I have four children which two of them are step children but no matter what state of mind I am in I would not sell my children. Your child or children needs the love and affection from their parents and they need their parents in their lives.
To Jenny & Jacob - Your child will grow up one day and find out what happened how could you explain that to your child?
kathy

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2007

what low life scum-send them both to the electric chair.
barb

Shelbyville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2007

So sad for all involved, but for the child most of all. I'll bet the child is returned to his parents in less than one year - so sad,

“Every Day”

Since: Jul 07

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2007

Here is what bugs me most about this story: My hubby and I have been trying to get pregnant for almost 2 years with no luck, and here these idiots are selling their child. What's fair about that?
cooper

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2007

if the dad called his grandfather...saying he was willing to hand over his son.....then why isn't he charged also??
Zed Leppelin

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2007

$1,000. That's just bad negotiating. $10,000 atleast.
no way

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2007

Why were the grandparents trying to buy their grandchild? They should be facing charges as well.
Roe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2007

Hey, if a woman can do anything to their body and could have aborted this "human being" at anytime prior to his birth, it's not so outrageous that she can decide to sell her 2-year-old now...?!
MsMiz

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2007

I'm tired of people like this, especially Jacob, using the mental illness card to try to get out of experiencing consequences. The issue is knowing right from wrong.

Stop giving people who have legitimate mental problems a bad name. I can guarantee they are both addicts. Every behavior has a consequence. DEAL WITH IT AND...GROW UP.
fred

Anderson, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2007

She must be crazy. Only $1000 for a baby boy? Everyone knows they go for much more than that these days. Send her to the nuthouse and let the rest of them get on with their lives.
JoAnn

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2007

They both have mental problems..... yep, sounds like an insanity plea to me!

I pray that the grandparents take good care of the child and that he is NEVER returned to his parents.
Maxwells Finest

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2007

I can't even give my kid away.
Blue Light Special

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2007

You might not blame the mother if the child was a teenager-- heck, she might even have a buy-one-get-one-free sale.
But a two year old hasn't had time to become rebellious, sullen and rack up cell phone charges yet.
Wonder Woman

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2007

Every Day wrote:
Here is what bugs me most about this story: My hubby and I have been trying to get pregnant for almost 2 years with no luck, and here these idiots are selling their child. What's fair about that?
I feel your pain! I am in the same boat! I hate to hear sotries like this...Makes me so mad...When will us good people get a break?!
Lil Daddy

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2007

Um...okay, why was this woman selling her child? Also, it sounds like it was almost a sting operation orchestrated by the father's parents. Otherwise, why wouldn't the "purchasers" also face criminal charges? If child-selling is illegal, wouldn't child-buying be also?
As a father of a very willful 3-year-old, I know there have been times when I've been TEMPTED to sell her.(JK...haha, okay?) This is unreal. Why didn't the grandparents make a deal to legally adopt the child in exchange for some sort of support agreed upon by the parents? Seems like there are more practical options than attempting to actually BUY the child. Sheesh.
I'm guessing the grandparents were simply trying to get the kid out of home where both his parents admittedly have some issues.

“Reality is better than truth”

Since: Jun 07

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2007

As distasteful as this might be, there was no harm done to the infant and it is presumed the grandparents weren't going to have it for dinner or anything. It was NOT CLOSE to being a capital offense.
kathy wrote:
what low life scum-send them both to the electric chair.
Indy Mom

Royal Oak, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2007

If the grandparents thought the parents were that bad, or if the little boys was in any danger, they should have tried to win custody. I think it's awful to have your parents set you up!
Darwin

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2007

Duh...doesn't she realize she'll make more off of the kid by claiming welfare (heck, she ask thousands of parents about that).

"I don't believe with my wife, in her state of mind, knew what she was doing. I do not," he said. "My wife is very self-conscious about herself. My wife has a lot of mental problems like I do. I just can't see her doing this."

Why are people like this allowed to breed?

“Reality is better than truth”

Since: Jun 07

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2007

I missed it--when did life become fair?

Whatever your own problems, they have nothing at all to do with this.
Every Day wrote:

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of145
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Columbia City Discussions

Search the Columbia City Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Gay marriage fight unlikely to disappear soon 3 hr DebraE 251
Pollution in Bluebell River (Sep '08) 17 hr outdoorkid 2
who is matt pinkham? (May '13) Wed i no him 2
$85,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Fort Wayne Wed Queendickson Dickson 1
naked snapchat Tue Rob_Quigzy 15
Review: Avenue Book & Co. Jul 7 Book Enthusiast 1
IN Who do you support for Treasurer in Indiana in ... (Oct '10) Jun 29 Lord Hater 92
•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbia City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Columbia City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••