DO -NOT- RENT AT THE NEIGHBORHOOD AP...

DO -NOT- RENT AT THE NEIGHBORHOOD APTS. (New alias Ironwood at Palmer Park)

Posted in the Colorado Springs Forum

Since: Jul 11

Colorado Springs, CO

#1 Jul 28, 2011
WARNING DO NOT RENT HERE! THE MANAGEMENT LIES ABOUT UTILITY BILL AND REFUSUES TO SHOW ANY TENANT THE BILL AND THEREFORE CHARGES AS THEY PLEASE. WATER BILS FOR TENANTS LIVING IN THE EXACT SAME SIZE APARTMENTS CAN RANGE FROM 30.00 IF THEY LIKE YOU TO 100.00 IF THEY DONT.THEY CLAIM THE UTILITY COMPANY IS RAISING PRICES BY THIS OUTRAGEOUS AMOUNT AND ALL LIES. THEY ARE CHARGING FOR A POOL BY RAISING RENT FEES AND IT HAS NOT EVEN BEEN BUILT YET . APARTMENTS ARE MOLDY AND MAINTENACE HAS NOT GONE TO FIX IT FOR WEEKS. HOLES IN OTHER APARTMENTS DUE TO MAINTENANCE HAVING A HARD TIME FINDING WATER LEAKS AND AFTER MONTHS HAVE STILL NOT REPAIRED LARGE HOLE IN WALL. THE MANAGEMENT REALLY DOES SUCK AND ALL LIARS! 60 DAY NOTICE TO VACATE IS ALSO REQUESTED FOR YOU TO GET OUT OF YOUR LEASE. SPRINKLER SYSTEM WATERS EVERY DAY AND WATERS THE STREET MORE THAN IT DOES THE GRASS AND ALL ON THE TENANTS DIME. DO NOT MAKE THE MISTAKE OF RENTING! SPEAK TO ANY CURRENT TENANT AND THEY ARE ALL ANXIOUSLY AWAITING TO MOVE OUT! THIS IS COMING FROM A RESPONSIBLE TENANT WHO HAS NOT ONCE BEEN LATE ON THE RENT BUT HAS HEARD STORIES OF HOW THEY WILL SEND AN ATTORNEY'S LETTER IF YOU ARE A DAY PAST THE 3RD OF THE MONTH AND THEY CHARGED HER ALL KINDS OF ATTORNEY'S FEES AND NOTICE FEES AND LATE FEES (OVER 150.00)FOR 1 DAY OF BEING LATE. HAVE HEARD BY OTHER TENANTS THEY THREATENED TO EVICT A FAMILY BECAUSE HER SON HAD SCUFFLED WITH ANOTHER LITTLE BOY ON THE PLAYGROUND.PLAIN AND SIMPLE, BLACK AND WHITE, DO NOT RENT HERE YOU WILL REGRET IT.

Since: Jul 11

Colorado Springs, CO

#2 Jul 28, 2011
DOOR LEFT WIDE OPEN BY STAFF TODAY!!!!!!!!
MANAGEMENT INFORMED A FEW RESIDENTS THAT THE STORAGE ROOM DOORS WERE GOING TO BE REPLACED. I HAD TO HEAR THIS FROM MY NEIGHBOR (OF COURSE)AND I CAME HOME TO MY STORAGE DOOR LEFT WIDE OPEN AND THE DOOR WOULD NOT CLOSE OR EVEN LATCH. THE REPAIR CREW KNOWING THIS LEFT MY STORAGE DOOR WIDE OPEN WITH ALL MY BELONGINGS GETTING WET.I CALLED AFTER HOURS MANAGEMENT WHO SAID "NOTHING COULD BE DONE BECAUSE THE CREW WAS FROM DENVER" AND I TOLD HIM I NEEDED IT FIXED NOW AND HE AGAIN STATED "NOTHING WE CAN DO FOR YOU"(NOW,HIRED COMPANY AND STAFF REFUSING TO FIX ISSUE) I TOLD HIM I WAS GOING TO WRITE ANOTHER COMMENT ON THEIR WEBSITE AND HE SAID"OKAY" SO TAKING HIS OWN ADVICE HERE IT IS.THE APARTMENT MAY HAVE CHANGED IT'S NAME BUT IT'S STILL RUN BY THE SAME IGNORANT PEOPLE WITH NO REGARDS TO THEIR TENANTS PROPERTY. I HAD TO GO PURCHASE HEAVY PLASTIC AND STAPLE GUN IT IN FRONT OF THE DOOR TO AVOID GETTING ALL MY BELONGINGS WET.CAN YOU BELIEVE MAINTENANCE COULDN'T EVEN COME DO THIS FOR A TENANT? DO YOU REALLY WANT TO COME HOME TO THIS? DO NOT RENT HERE! AGAIN, NEW OWNERS (SUPPOSEDLY)SAME MANAGEMENT AND MAINTENANCE AND ALTHOUGH YOU CAN PUT LIPSTICK ON A PIG,.. IT'S STILL A PIG !DON'T BE FOOLED BY THE NEW NAME AS -N O T H I N G -HAS CHANGED HERE.GLAD TO POST IM ALMOST OUTTA HERE!!!!
walley

Ely, MN

#3 Aug 31, 2011
how in

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#4 Sep 5, 2011
Alot of apartment rentals change their name,I believe they do this to avoid bankruptcy. Perhaps, they will change the management, but keep the same ole' rules. Check their website and speak to someone who lives there, chat in the parking lot, if need be. Remember,, bedbugs are still a problem in a few apartment complexes still, so do your homework.
Dissatisfied

Colorado Springs, CO

#6 Jan 3, 2012
I agree that nobody should rent from these apartments! I currently live in them, and am 100% dissatisfied with it here! The office staff does not communicate issues among each other, so I have spoken to three different people and have had to explain the long story to each of them! They clearly are not keeping any record of issues in their system, which is ridiculous! The one positive thing I do have to say about this place is that the maintenance staff is on top of things! We have had a few things break here and there, and they always come fix it the day we call it in! They are excellent! Every other aspect of living here sucks though! ESPECIALLY the office staff! I can't even describe the hell they have put us through for no reason! I will be contacting the Better Business Bureau!
Anxious To Leave

Colorado Springs, CO

#7 Aug 25, 2012
Leaving soon and can't wait. Water bill is a rip off and no explanation for the ever increasing bill. Last management was much better. At least they cared. They don't enforce their own rules here. Any breed of dog is allowed as their is a bull dog here. I agree we water the street instead of the grass. I have gotten other people's mail at least 4 times. I have seen tenants do all kinds of things that are against the rules of the lease and nothing is done. I would not recommend these apts. to anyone.
Cannot Wait To Get Out

Colorado Springs, CO

#8 Mar 22, 2013
As is usually the case, the model looked nothing like the actually apartment I was rented. However, in this case, the discrepancies were more than minor. Carpeting was old with cigarette burns, old broken appliances (other then the new washer and dryer), old radiator style heating systems. The grounds could possibly be nice except for the fact that they are constantly covered in dog poop. Even if the grounds were kept clean there are fights breaking out in the parking lots, gun shots occasionally, and multiple people had their car tires slashed while I was living there. My garbage disposal never worked properly, food stayed in it and rotted no matter how long I ran it. The entire house would smell unless I thoroughly cleaned it out after each use. I informed the maintenance staff. A member of the crew ran ice cubes through it and told me that they probably would not be replacing it. He informed that I should just keep running ice cubes through it from time to time.... Until the day I moved out I continued to have to clean out the garbage disposal after each use... All of this is really nothing compared to the fact that the office staff makes promises they never intend to keep. I prefer that no one enter my home without my being present. I asked at the time I signed my lease if this would be a problem as was informed it would never be a problem. It became a nightmare. When I did set up times for maintenance to come I would sit for hours waiting. Then I was accused of ignoring knocks on my door. I was patronized and treated incredibly disrespectfully. When I became upset the office staff blew me off. NEVER EVER EVER rent here. EVER. These people have only their own interest in mind. They have forgotten that their job is managing people's HOMES not just random buildings. And who do they think they are kidding with these prices. Don't let the "internet cafe" and "gym" draw you in... look before you leap!
wish i didnt sign a lease

Colorado Springs, CO

#9 Jul 2, 2014
this is the worst apt I have ever lived in. I should have known when I first moved in and the apt was so dirty and gross, carpet smelled bad and there was hair everywhere, sinks were clogged. I threw up twice just puling the hair out of the bathtub and sink. the staff is at first seemed to care and had my carpet shampooed but my ac has been broken for two months and they still cant give me an answer, when I call they say they will call me back and they never do. worst place ever. I should have stayed at ridgeview which is right next door at least they got things done.
NoName

Colorado Springs, CO

#10 Jul 8, 2014
Colorado Chick wrote:
Alot of apartment rentals change their name,I believe they do this to avoid bankruptcy. Perhaps, they will change the management, but keep the same ole' rules. Check their website and speak to someone who lives there, chat in the parking lot, if need be. Remember,, bedbugs are still a problem in a few apartment complexes still, so do your homework.
You so do not know what your talking about..

#!
The name change comes about when the apartment owner sells and the new owners have the choice of changing the name.

Bedbugs are brought in my the people who rent the apt usually in the beds and belongings. Once the apt staff find out there's a problem its taken care of.. So you can
not blame that one on the apartments.. Bed bugs can be found in any apartment complex, hotels, motels.. etc.. You bring them in, they have to deal with it.. You can buy a new bed and bring it home, to find out there's bed bugs..

Do your homework before opening your mouth
Jamie

Denver, CO

#11 Apr 18, 2015
Am I the only person who loved living there? Lol! I lived in the apartments for four years, even moved away to Florida, then came back and moved into a different unit because I loved it so much. Johnny the maintenance guy is awesome, he is very dependable and trustworthy. Yes, I agree the apartments are expensive (which is the only reason I moved) but if I could afford it I'd still live there. I moved a month ago and miss it terribly. The grounds are always kept so nice, and I love the fact that it's nestled against Palmer Park. The management have always been so friendly and always called me back in a timely manner to address any issues I had. I mean, it wasn't perfect, as nothing is. My drains clogged, my garbage disposal stunk, but my daughter and I lose hair like crazy in the shower and I put food down the garbage disposal all the time (which I later learned from my Plumber friend that's not a good idea). The only real complaint I have is that my downstairs neighbors cooked ALL DAY LONG, and used pungent seasoning, it would get on my clothes and bedding, I'd walk around smelling like ramen all day! Lol! I don't miss that. Anyway, keep in mind when reading these reviews that there are people who focus on the negative and there are people who focus on the positive... Chances are the people who complain about these apartments also complain about their job, their spouse, their kids, their car and probably even this beautiful state we live in.
billy smithson

Colorado Springs, CO

#12 Apr 29, 2015
The best place ever, better than staying at the broadmoor but a lot cheaper.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Colorado Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sammie Denson/Pamela Edwards 1993 Murder (Jun '16) 19 hr Frank 127
Net Neutrality Tue three blocks 1
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Colorado Springs Nov 16 jenna_ferrell 8
roger and tammy byl AD FRAUD (Aug '09) Nov 15 aol 4
Ladies don't hate me when ur man cheats (Sep '16) Nov 14 wendie 7
News A black student wrote those racist messages tha... Nov 12 Jonjedi 5
News Bond reduced for drifter linked to Mount Herman... Nov 11 Fact of the Matter 2

Colorado Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Colorado Springs Mortgages