Colo. Pastor Charged for Robbing, Kid...

Colo. Pastor Charged for Robbing, Kidnapping Gay Man

There are 33 comments on the EDGE story from Jan 28, 2014, titled Colo. Pastor Charged for Robbing, Kidnapping Gay Man. In it, EDGE reports that:

A pastor from Colorado Springs, Colo., has been accused of meeting gay men online in order to attack and rob them all while he allegedly posed as a U.S. marshal, Denver's CBS 4 reports.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#1 Jan 29, 2014
Nothing surprises me anymore!

“I'm here to make friends, etc.”

Since: Sep 10

Fernandina Beach, Florida

#2 Jan 29, 2014
Always be careful who you meet off Craigslist. Women, racial minorities, and gays especially need to be careful for they are more at risk for attacks.
Gremlin

Louisville, KY

#3 Jan 29, 2014
Another hypocrite "christian"has been exposed.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#4 Jan 29, 2014
Never bare false witness. Nor covet your neighbors ass.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#5 Jan 29, 2014
John Crews wrote:
Always be careful who you meet off Craigslist. Women, racial minorities, and gays especially need to be careful for they are more at risk for attacks.
I've bought and sold cars on craigslist with never a problem, but I do believe it is a fairly dangerous media to advertise on, whether you are buying or selling. I've also bought and sold cars on ebay, which I think is much safer.

If you are going to use craigslist for anything at all, DON'T meet someone just by yourself. Bring someone along with you. And exercise your Second Amendment RIGHT to be armed for protection.

“Equality marches on! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#6 Jan 29, 2014
Maybe the devil made him do it!

Since: Oct 10

San Francisco

#7 Jan 29, 2014
Preachers haves been robbing people of their minds and money for centuries. It's no surprise they'd start using guns and handcuffs.

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#8 Jan 29, 2014
GoldenGator wrote:
Preachers haves been robbing people of their minds and money for centuries. It's no surprise they'd start using guns and handcuffs.
A paintball gun ?! LOL

And if YOU are going to meet someone, avail yourself to your Second Amendment RIGHT to be armed. And being "armed" is NOT limited to firearms.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#9 Jan 29, 2014
Figures.
david traversa

Argentina

#10 Jan 29, 2014
It's very clear bigotry's the direct product of insanity ..

Littleton, NH

#13 Jan 29, 2014
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
A paintball gun ?! LOL
And if YOU are going to meet someone, avail yourself to your Second Amendment RIGHT to be armed. And being "armed" is NOT limited to firearms.
Suppose someone had brought a real firearm and panicked. Perhaps the guy with the paintball gun would be dead. Notwithstanding that he would have brought on his own fate, most "victims" would rather replace their cell phone and iPad than deprive another human--however unworthy--of their life.

“Equality marches on! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#14 Jan 29, 2014
Wow, Pierre1, slow news day over there in France?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#15 Jan 29, 2014
Purchase UV-Dye Pepperspray,

learn to use it properly,

and CARRY IT ALWAYS.

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#16 Jan 29, 2014
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Suppose someone had brought a real firearm and panicked. Perhaps the guy with the paintball gun would be dead. Notwithstanding that he would have brought on his own fate, most "victims" would rather replace their cell phone and iPad than deprive another human--however unworthy--of their life.
WHY are you Libs such passionate defenders of the U.S. Constitution, and teh RIGHTS and LIBERTIES it protects EXCEPT The Second Amendment RIGHT which protects an INDIVIDUAL'S RIGHT to own weapons including firearms ?! Why ?

And it IS the RIGHT of an individual, not just "members of the militia".

Care to explain that position ?
Jimmy

Mountain View, CA

#17 Jan 29, 2014
Pierre wrote:
The only thing I do believe is that all these queers showed up because they thought they were going to get f*cked in their asses.
Bingo!

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#20 Jan 29, 2014
I'm curious as to what denomination he was associated with.

San Rafael, CA

#21 Jan 30, 2014
Fa-Foxy wrote:
here it is ... google it .... Set Free Christian Ministry

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#22 Jan 30, 2014
Fa-Foxy wrote:
"Was" is the correct word. He was a former pastor with the Set Free Ministries. There is an international organization with that name, but I'm not sure if this was part of that, or some stand-alone group. I did find this on the founder of Set Free Ministries:

http://www.people.vcu.edu/~dbromley/undergrad...

Not sure if it is the same organization.

Littleton, NH

#23 Jan 30, 2014
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
WHY are you Libs such passionate defenders of the U.S. Constitution, and teh RIGHTS and LIBERTIES it protects EXCEPT The Second Amendment RIGHT which protects an INDIVIDUAL'S RIGHT to own weapons including firearms ?! Why ?
And it IS the RIGHT of an individual, not just "members of the militia".
Care to explain that position ?
I do not advocate DENYING people's right to carry a firearm and protect themselves. I simply point out that it's not the best choice for everyone, nor even most people.

Littleton, NH

#24 Jan 30, 2014
RalphB wrote:
<quoted text>
"Was" is the correct word. He was a former pastor with the Set Free Ministries. There is an international organization with that name, but I'm not sure if this was part of that, or some stand-alone group. I did find this on the founder of Set Free Ministries:
http://www.people.vcu.edu/~dbromley/undergrad...
Not sure if it is the same organization.
Sounds like a most enlightening organization. It's kind of hard to figure out how people from such a fine organization could possibly have anything to do with trickery and theft, isn't it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Colorado Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Democratic National Convention Takeaways: Obama... 1 hr kuda 4
News Celebration for Girl Scouts' 100th birthday evo... Jul 24 Greater Good 1
DEFEND our BORDERS Jul 22 TRUMP YES 2
New Businesses in Monument Area Jul 19 agaddy 1
Bill Michael Blackwood, dob: 7/17/1953 (Apr '11) Jul 11 Psychdoc60 15
The Sammie Denson Story: A plea for justice Jul 9 Shera 2
Beverly Wells and Similar Sadistic Social Worke... Jul 5 ann baker 4

Colorado Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance