Springs school suspends fans of rap g...

Springs school suspends fans of rap group

There are 71 comments on the KUSA Denver story from Mar 8, 2007, titled Springs school suspends fans of rap group. In it, KUSA Denver reports that:

Wasson High School in Colorado Springs has suspended six students for protesting a ban on wearing Insane Clown Posse T-shirts. The students were suspended for alleged disruptive behavior.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KUSA Denver.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
amazed

Monroe, LA

#2 Mar 16, 2007
seems to me the students need to worry more about school than some gang related rap group t shirt. we all would like to wear whatever we want, but there are reasons. I am sure no one is going to want to become an ICP fan just because they see another student wearing the shirts, but if the rules of the school are such that it is prohibited, then the kids need to quit trying to run things and just get through school. wear another shirt to school. grow up. Do something positive with your time. Have your opinions about your music. Wear what you want outside of school. But quit trying to run everything. you aren't even old enough to live on your own.
slinkie

Uniontown, PA

#4 Mar 17, 2007
Thats messed up...its clothing and in no place does a public school have a way to do anything them kid's. Pluse these other two people have no clue what icp is all about.read up get fact's then come and say stuff but till then u have no clue if they do have good grade's or not, they could be straight A students. Get facts then comment the stuff u know about.
DBB

Monroe, LA

#6 Mar 20, 2007
Ha ha ha Slinkie..
You are obviously the age of our shirt wearers here.
I know more about ICP than you ever thought about. Believe me.
You need to not be commenting to people saying read up.. get facts, etc. when you yourself do not have a clue.
Even if the kids are straight A students, the school policy says you can't wear ICP shirts.(and many others I know..)
If a kid is getting straight A's but can't follow a simple policy regarding a shirt, it's sad..
It's a friggin' shirt .. just wear something else. Who in the world really would WANT to wear an ICP shirt anyway? They are just trying to make a statement. That's fine. but they still have to follow policy. If you get to break one rule, then all of a sudden everyone wants to break the rest of the rules and then whines.. "but the kids got to wear their ICP shirts!!!!" .. Grow up.
OKIE1

United States

#7 Mar 20, 2007
slinkie wrote:
Thats messed up...its clothing and in no place does a public school have a way to do anything them kid's. Pluse these other two people have no clue what icp is all about.read up get fact's then come and say stuff but till then u have no clue if they do have good grade's or not, they could be straight A students. Get facts then comment the stuff u know about.
I suggest you spend more time studying (especially your grammar, spelling, and punctuation) and less time worrying about what kind of shirt to wear. If you spent more time studying and paying attention, in class, perhaps you could write a coherent post, instead of the drivel you tried to write.
WOW

Rapid City, SD

#12 May 3, 2007
Well I didnt take the time to read this article but lets examine this a little more. ICP is not a gang they are rappers. Ok so lets move on. I would need to see the shirts but if the shirt just said ICP those are letters. Alright, so far so good. Next profanity. No, not if the shirt just said ICP. Alright so mabye in Denver Juggalos are a little rougher than normal Juggalos in other states. ICP are still rappers if someone is getting suspended for wearing G-Unit shirts then i am fine with those kids getting suspended but if the school is banning just ICP shirts that ONLY say ICP then even if you hate ICP you have to addmit that is wrong. If i were these kids then I would take it to court on the grounds of profiling and prejudice. Now I think i was very nonbias so in simple words argue why I am wrong. And if you are just going to critic my spelling and grammer, more on please

“DoWn WiTh ThE cLoWn.”

Since: Apr 07

Brooklyn, New York.

#13 May 3, 2007
WOW wrote:
Well I didnt take the time to read this article but lets examine this a little more. ICP is not a gang they are rappers. Ok so lets move on. I would need to see the shirts but if the shirt just said ICP those are letters. Alright, so far so good. Next profanity. No, not if the shirt just said ICP. Alright so mabye in Denver Juggalos are a little rougher than normal Juggalos in other states. ICP are still rappers if someone is getting suspended for wearing G-Unit shirts then i am fine with those kids getting suspended but if the school is banning just ICP shirts that ONLY say ICP then even if you hate ICP you have to addmit that is wrong. If i were these kids then I would take it to court on the grounds of profiling and prejudice. Now I think i was very nonbias so in simple words argue why I am wrong. And if you are just going to critic my spelling and grammer, more on please
thats a good idea....bring it to court.
i just may do that.
one of my best friends in pensyvania got suspended for wearing a ICP shirt to school.
her parents made her move to california.
i have never talked to her since and that was years ago.
Deb

Monroe, LA

#14 May 3, 2007
WOW wrote:
Here is a link as to why the school may have made this decision.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insane_Clown_Pos...

ICP, any Gang Related, or just offensive shirts are part of the dress code. If the school says it can't be worn, then that is the school's rules. Impressionable kids (anyone in school) is why the schools are trying to keep this type of thing from being advertised.

“DoWn WiTh ThE cLoWn.”

Brooklyn, New York.

#21 May 4, 2007
Vicodin Hammer wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Wow, one of juggalettes is disrespecting you. I thought you "'Los" and the "'Letts" were all about family?... what gives? You better keep your ho in check. My pimp hand is strong and I wouldn't let one of my "family" get away with that!... beeeeeyotch!
Oh.... and yes, I will see you on the 6th. Get ready, because the beat down you receive is going to be epic!
wow.
you are low.
throwing out threats now...
thats ok.
i got my family.
the ones that i know got my back.
tell me....where is this "lette" that is disrespecting me?
and i like how easy you get mad.
it makes me all happy inside.
just make sure that you dont go cry to your mommy.
Dudamonster

Nashville, TN

#32 May 14, 2007
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
Well the link didn't work for me but that is a website any one can change so not the greatest of all resources.
But did you notice that you put ICP and Gang in the same sentence. ICP Recording artists. Gang Jumpins, drugs, guns, violet stuff, and death. You see the difference. Know once again if it just said ICP you have a court case. If it was blood and guts probably not and the school had the right to do that. And thanks for not posting something like the guy below you.
Not going to address the punk above me
See you the 6th viccy.
Artists. Thats funny. Foul-mouthed losers who glorify gang life, raping women, violence, drug use, did I miss anything? The fact that no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist.
Dudamonster

Nashville, TN

#33 May 14, 2007
bump

“DoWn WiTh ThE cLoWn.”

Brooklyn, New York.

#34 May 15, 2007
Fighter wrote:
At least it isn't real rap. It's just some crack head white boys that want to be negro's.
um no.
it is real rap.
you are being racist and saying that rap HAS to be black guys right?
what about eminem.?
is he a "crack head white boy" too?
stupid kids

Denver, CO

#37 May 15, 2007
Attention: stupid kids

If your school bans you from wearing "offensive" (I would say tasteless) t-shirts, and you decide to show up wearing them as some weak form of protest, you deserve to be suspended.

Hopefully it gets you ready for the real world. You have to play to games in the real world to get by and do things you do not want to do. Suck it up and take it like an adult.

“DoWn WiTh ThE cLoWn.”

Brooklyn, New York.

#38 May 16, 2007
stupid kids wrote:
Attention: stupid kids
If your school bans you from wearing "offensive" (I would say tasteless) t-shirts, and you decide to show up wearing them as some weak form of protest, you deserve to be suspended.
Hopefully it gets you ready for the real world. You have to play to games in the real world to get by and do things you do not want to do. Suck it up and take it like an adult.
ok well the school has NO right to tell the kids what to wear.
i mean come on...
thats like telling a pothead that he cant smoke weed.
or an alcoholic not to drink.
you cant tell someone not to be themselves.
MizLiz

AOL

#40 May 16, 2007
Let's call it what it is, folks. Not one brat wore the shirt, but *six* brats formed and executed a plan to wear the ICP gear on the same day. The brats were purposely calling attention to themselves. What could they do next? Care to venture that they have other nefarious activities planned? Sure, if Harris and Kleibold had only worn banned clothing to school instead of shooting up the hallways of Columbine High. It was all planned, folks. These brats should be doing hard time scraping the urinals with their tonges over Summer Vacation.
Deb

Phoenix, AZ

#41 May 16, 2007
physcopathic lette wrote:
<quoted text>
ok well the school has NO right to tell the kids what to wear.
i mean come on...
thats like telling a pothead that he cant smoke weed.
or an alcoholic not to drink.
you cant tell someone not to be themselves.
I normally would not respond to something like this, but you are going to have to face reality one day. The school DOES have a right. They have a dress code. They have rules.
You saying they don't have a right is like you saying you don't have to follow the rules of the road. Do you have a driver's license? If so, you had to learn the rules before you could use the car didn't you? IF you aren't old enough to drive, you aren't old enough to be commenting on what the School has a right to or not.

Don't try to be a grown up saying what the school can and can't do until you go out in the reality of the world and get some experience in real life.
That's the way it is. Sometimes we don't like what the rules are but they are the rules, and a few rebellious kids won't make an impact. It's that way in everything you do. You can either take the path of doing what is right, or you can take the path of a rebel and find out after a shitty long time that you still have to follow the rules. What a waste of time.

I believe kids should be themselves. We all are ourselves. But during school hours in a school where they are providing you with your future so you can actually go out and be a productive person on earth, they have every right to expect and demand respect of the students they are handing an education to.
Rebellion never gets you anywhere but in trouble and disappoints every person around you who matters.(family). be proud of who you are, but save the banned tshirts for after school and the weekends. You aren't getting your free education then, and can be whomever you want to be.

“DoWn WiTh ThE cLoWn.”

Brooklyn, New York.

#42 May 17, 2007
Deb wrote:
<quoted text>
I normally would not respond to something like this, but you are going to have to face reality one day. The school DOES have a right. They have a dress code. They have rules.
You saying they don't have a right is like you saying you don't have to follow the rules of the road. Do you have a driver's license? If so, you had to learn the rules before you could use the car didn't you? IF you aren't old enough to drive, you aren't old enough to be commenting on what the School has a right to or not.
Don't try to be a grown up saying what the school can and can't do until you go out in the reality of the world and get some experience in real life.
That's the way it is. Sometimes we don't like what the rules are but they are the rules, and a few rebellious kids won't make an impact. It's that way in everything you do. You can either take the path of doing what is right, or you can take the path of a rebel and find out after a shitty long time that you still have to follow the rules. What a waste of time.
I believe kids should be themselves. We all are ourselves. But during school hours in a school where they are providing you with your future so you can actually go out and be a productive person on earth, they have every right to expect and demand respect of the students they are handing an education to.
Rebellion never gets you anywhere but in trouble and disappoints every person around you who matters.(family). be proud of who you are, but save the banned tshirts for after school and the weekends. You aren't getting your free education then, and can be whomever you want to be.
ok 1st off.
i am out of school.
i go to an adult school and i can wear whatever i want.
2nd off i am old enough to drive.
i am a EXCELLENT driver.
never been in a wreck or pulled over.
so i know the rules of the road.
but comparing the rules of the road to school is 2 totally different things.
if a kid wears a ICP shirt to school it doesnt endanger anyone it is harmless.
but if you disobey the road rules you can insure yourself or others.
so tell me how is that the same thing?
EkLiPz

New Lebanon, OH

#45 May 18, 2007
The ignorance of the people in this world baffles me. How can someone be so petty, that they find it necessary to scapegoat the name "Insane Clown Posse"? They are only rappers. No more, no less. I've read through some of these comments and a couple in particular caught my eye, one of which being the ignorant hilljack, Dudamonster. First off, Mr. I Have Sex With Sheep, find one song that ICP glorifies raping women or killing innocent people. I'll admit to you though, Joe Bruce (Violent J) smokes alot of pot. Do you know why? No? Well let me tell you. He suffers from panic attacks and so he tried a little reefer and realized that it helped keep him calm. He told his psychiatrist and she evaluated him and encouraged him to continue. If you would take your dick out of your sister for five minutes and do a little research, then maybe you wouldn't sound like such a moron. Moving on. MizLiz is next. How can you justify the comparing of six young teenagers wearing a T-SHIRT (capitalized for you ignorant people out there who think that a T-SHIRT causes disruption in school) to the two idiots at Columbine? That is just preposterous. And to say that these 6 kids deserve an extreme punishment over summer vacation is absurd. I suppose you should do hard time for wearing your cunt-ry music shirts and commenting on things you know nothing about. Next. Hello Stupid Kids, I'm EkLiPz and I am a Juggalo through and through, and guess what.....I live in the real world,and I wore my ICP shirts all through High School. And for the record, what dictator ruled country do you live in where your not allowed to wear a certain type of clothing? Please explain to me how the banning of t-shirts is supposed to ready the youth of the nation for the so-called "real world". Get back to me when and if you have an answer.Prick. Who's next? Ahhhh. Hello Deb. I noticed you were throwing around the word "rights" alot. Well, I'm reminded of a little parchment that some of you may be aware of (except Stupid Kids, because apparently he is a Nazi) called The Constitution. The First Ammendment speaks of, oh, what is it? That's right, FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION. And it says, quote, Congress shall make no law....abridging the freedom of speech, end quote. Now, riddle me this, Deb. If The Constitution clearly states that CONGRESS is not allowed to infringe upon the freedom of speech, i.e expression, then why should a school have the higher power, and be able to do so? Interesting point that I propose? Thank you, I know. And finally, to Psychopathic Lette. I noticed that you have posted several comments on this message board, so hopefully you will post again and see my comment, for you and I are on the same page. MCL to you and keep fighting the good fight Ninjette. Peace and I'm out....like the dignity I've raped from these people
kLiPz
Wow

Rapid City, SD

#47 May 21, 2007
I completly agree.
ok list time.
1. ICP is not a gang. They havn't been a gang since 1990. And they haven't mentioned it yet in there music. Wwwwho What was that yes MUSIC. If they ban G-Unit and My chemical romance shirt then i can understand but they are NOT A GANG.
2. In the real world you are free to wear whatever you want. That is the real world.
3. It does not affect education. These are black t-shirts with words on them, not blue spiked hair that can be seen from space.
4. If it wasn't offencive (bad words, blood) these kids should definently sue the school board.
Rain Man

Breckenridge, CO

#48 May 22, 2007
physcopathic lette wrote:
<quoted text>
ok 1st off.
i am out of school.
i go to an adult school and i can wear whatever i want.
2nd off i am old enough to drive.
i am a EXCELLENT driver.
never been in a wreck or pulled over.
so i know the rules of the road.
but comparing the rules of the road to school is 2 totally different things.
if a kid wears a ICP shirt to school it doesnt endanger anyone it is harmless.
but if you disobey the road rules you can insure yourself or others.
so tell me how is that the same thing?
"I'm an excellent driver...Uh oh, fifteen minutes to Judge Wapner..."
WOW

Rapid City, SD

#49 May 22, 2007
Ha Ha I am a juggalo. And i dont agree with that...but it was funny.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Colorado Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Officer arrested on sex charges (Apr '06) May 24 Sebastion 40
Experimac May 18 adriangrimm 1
Sammie Denson/Pamela Edwards 1993 Murder (Jun '16) May 12 JUSTICE 130
News Air Force Academy pays tribute to Tuskegee airmen May 6 Jar Head 2
News Our broken immigration system snags two Colorad... May 3 Oldglory 18
Fitness May 2 Becky 1
Angela Persad (Apr '13) May 1 Wondering 23

Colorado Springs Jobs

Personal Finance

Colorado Springs Mortgages