Names released of Jasper P.D. Chief finalists

Apr 12, 2011 Full story: KFDM-TV Beaumont 10

Here is the list of finalists sent to KJAS Radio via fax on Tuesday morning: Ronnie B. Dooley of Colorado City, TX David O. Travis of Beaumont, TX Gary L. Sinclair of Bovina, TX Michael G. McConnell, Sr.

Full Story
ccitymomma

Colorado City, TX

#1 Apr 13, 2011
I wish Ron well-- hope he gets the job that he DESERVES- but I'd rather see a story about PK getting a job about a thousand miles away. Maybe in Tonopah, Nevada. After all, PK has run everything in CCity including the PD. SAYS he used to be FBI- hahahahah--is spokesman for ALL law related to the Hailey Dunn case. Reduced the PD to the point that when Hailey disappeared, CCity didn't have enough staff. He reduced the volunteer Fire Dept staff so he can run that, too, it seems.

“If you believe it, stand by it”

Since: May 07

Location hidden

#2 Apr 13, 2011
This is a very important issue to the folks in Jasper, Texas. Hopefully those making this decision will make the right choice. They cannot satisfy everyone, but they can choose the best person for the job...and then let him do the job without strings attached.
ExCCity

Houston, TX

#3 Apr 17, 2011
Dooley is very well qualified and has excellent experience. Most likely the best candidate for the job. The troops will appreicate his experience and work ethic. Jasper can do no wrong with him...C-City lost yet another good Chief.

Location hidden

#4 Apr 18, 2011
And the beat goes on...and on...and on..The truth shall set you free!

http://news.mywebpal.com/news_tool_v2.cfm...
right-to-know

San Francisco, CA

#5 Apr 18, 2011
seedtick wrote:
And the beat goes on...and on...and on..The truth shall set you free!
http://news.mywebpal.com/news_tool_v2.cfm...
The "truth" has nothing to do with this article. The truth is this: there was never enough evidence to bring charges in this case, no probation was ever ordered, and all allegations were ordered expunged by a judge. KJAS didn't verify the details before printing this and have done Ron Dooley a great disservice.

Location hidden

#6 Apr 19, 2011
right-to-know wrote:
<quoted text>
The "truth" has nothing to do with this article. The truth is this: there was never enough evidence to bring charges in this case, no probation was ever ordered, and all allegations were ordered expunged by a judge. KJAS didn't verify the details before printing this and have done Ron Dooley a great disservice.
I think KJAS has exposed a liar who was probably a good street cop but wanted to be more. So he applied for a job and lied about his qualifications and failed to disclose something in his background. Even if he was never convicted, his failure to disclose it exposes a character flaw. If he shows up for the interview he will be embarassed.
Ex-coworker

San Antonio, TX

#7 Apr 23, 2011
Chief Dooley is a very qualified police chief. Jasper will benefit from his vast experience and history of getting things done. Even the current chief in San Angelo will tell you he is one of the smartest cops in the profession. Jasper don't make the mistake and pass this guy up.

Location hidden

#8 Apr 23, 2011
Ex-coworker wrote:
Chief Dooley is a very qualified police chief. Jasper will benefit from his vast experience and history of getting things done. Even the current chief in San Angelo will tell you he is one of the smartest cops in the profession. Jasper don't make the mistake and pass this guy up.
Sorry, but he did not get it.
Former Jasper countian

United States

#9 Apr 24, 2011
Pull together and pray for your city.

Location hidden

#10 Apr 24, 2011
Former Jasper countian wrote:
Pull together and pray for your city.
I have a feeling that it is far from over. What was done is controversial at best.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Colorado City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prison guards investigated (Dec '06) Nov '14 joseph 9
New City Manager Garcia faced indictment in 200... Sep '14 Jesus 6
All of us cousins in front of our house on Walnut Aug '14 Sherry 2
Is mitchell county in a oil boom or not Aug '14 I no 1
Purchase of Mitchell Co. Utilities by C-City Aug '14 Concered 1
What can you tell me about Shawn Adkins? (Jan '11) Jul '14 howhigh 8,607
Thunderstorms hit southern Big Country (Jun '14) Jun '14 Speak easy 2
Colorado City Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web