Abilene, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2012

Judged:

I will vote no for school bonds, don't care for the plans, sure don't care for more improvements to track and field.Let's wait
for taxes to roll in for oil wells being drilled, and houses to be built, increase the tax base, instead of increasing people already taxed to the limit.
C U Next Tuesday

Sweetwater, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

Judged:

Scraggly you need to take a little time and learn how bonds and property taxes work. Small minds like yours make large problems at the ballot box.
scraggly

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

Judged:

Larger problems if bonds pass
C U Next Tuesday

Sweetwater, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

The sub par facilities is the large problem. It is the perfect time for a bond election as 1. interest rates are at an all time low, 2. Construction work is slow right now so contractors are bidding low just trying to survive. 3. There is an oil boom on the radar screen that if it hits will grow the tax base and allow the taxing entities the ability to lower the tax rate while floating the bond at the same time.
scraggly

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

Lets wait for tax base to expand. Listened to him
Say there is funds to tear down schools that won't
Be used once new schools are built,he failed to say how much is in this fund. I still will not vote
For bonds
C U Next Tuesday

Sweetwater, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

scraggly wrote:
Lets wait for tax base to expand. Listened to him
Say there is funds to tear down schools that won't
Be used once new schools are built,he failed to say how much is in this fund. I still will not vote
For bonds
That post was hard to read, you should work on your sentence structure, punctuation, and spelling.
It is clear you do not know how long it would take to save up the funds to pull off a construction project like the one that is on the table even with a doubled tax base. Not even in the wildest speculation is a doubled tax base dreamed of with the looming oil boom. The continued upkeep of the old buildings and their energy wasting systems is funding that should not be wasted and would be put toward the repayment of the bond. Once again I task you with learning how bonds and taxes work.
scraggly

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

I will vote no
C U Next Tuesday

Sweetwater, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

scraggly wrote:
I will vote no
You will vote no yet you can not provide a lucid argument to validate a vote of "no". That makes you a C.A.V.E person, Citzens Against Virtually Everything.
Plowboy

Abilene, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

C U you are wasting your time, Voters like scraggly can not get passed their own over valued self worth to see the big picture. It is too bad an I.Q. test is not required for a voter registration card.
scraggly

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Is there a back up plan in case bonds don't pass?
C U Next Tuesday

North Richland Hills, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

scraggly wrote:
Is there a back up plan in case bonds don't pass?
Plan B will be scale back plans, increase the tax rate to near the roll back rate, and maybe try another bond election during the next election cycle.
scraggly

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Received a flyer in mail ,seems I'm not the
One against the bonds

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Colorado City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Colorado City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Colorado City News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Colorado City