laws discrimination against elderly ...

laws discrimination against elderly and disabled.

Posted in the Colorado City Forum

Kathleen Krone

Clyde, TX

#1 May 8, 2010
Loraine Texas is passing ordinances that adversely affect 90% of the town, as far as discrimination.
Most of the population of this small town is elderly and or disabled so the city has decided they can fine the people up to $500.00 which is more than most of these people live on. Most of these people are not physically capable of doing their own yards and cannot afford to pay someone to do this since they live on fixed incomes.
We are all going to be old someday and I would hope that the way people that believe they are GOD are treated better than the people they are treating this way.
In such a small town would it not be beneficial to arrange a group of some of these GOD people to assist the elderly with things they need help with instead of trying to take the money that feeds them, buys their medicine, and the things that keep them alive. But I guess if you perceive yourself as GOD you have no feelings. I guess Loraine would rather be known as a town that takes advantage of, prosecutes, and discriminates against, our elderly than a town that is friendly, peaceful and a great place to live.
This power to be cannot fix the streets for the elderly or disabled to get around, instead of trying to fix streets, drugs in our town, making it public of sex offenders living nearby or starting something good for the kids so they have something to do besides drinking, destroying property, OH yes that would be a good thing and the powers to be would not want to do that it would require doing good.
So this is what I see, they hire a so called dog catcher so he can harass the elderly, go up on all city charges so the elderly cannot afford it, don’t fix the streets so they can get around, and now they fine them for things they cannot do anything about physically or financially. Oh but as I write this I believe I get it, they run all the old people out, that thought they were retiring in a great place. That way Loraine can be a town of thieves, drugs, sex offenders
79532 5 Records
and people that don’t care what they do so they can own the town dang everybody forgot to tell me it was for sale. Oh yes they didn’t advertise that they because others might have something to say and don’t won’t that.
And before you even think about filing on me for my opinion check this out and I’ll add a couple of others you might want to look at.
The following are the Amendments to the Constitution. The first ten Amendments collectively are commonly known as the Bill of Rights. History
Amendment 1 - Freedom of Religion, Press, Expression. Ratified 12/15/1791. Note
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
Amendment 4 - Search and Seizure. Ratified 12/15/1791.
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
Amendment 14 - Citizenship Rights. Ratified 7/9/1868. Note History
1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
ARTICLE VIII
Excessive bail, fines or punishments. Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.
Ronjess

Fort Worth, TX

#2 May 28, 2010
Grow up! If this town wasn't so anti everything,then there wouldn't be much fuss over anything that was enforced to better protect and serve this little town. As far as your amendments, your are miss quoting #1 and #4. Lets see how much you need the "dog catcher" when a rabid one bites or attacks you...or maybe he shouldn't do anything at all..afterall it would be an envasion on your "rights".
Ron-Texas

Rogers, TX

#3 Jun 5, 2010
Ronjess wrote:
Grow up! If this town wasn't so anti everything,then there wouldn't be much fuss over anything that was enforced to better protect and serve this little town. As far as your amendments, your are miss quoting #1 and #4. Lets see how much you need the "dog catcher" when a rabid one bites or attacks you...or maybe he shouldn't do anything at all..afterall it would be an envasion on your "rights".
Why are you two raising such a fuss over Loraine, Texas? My gosh, Glen Rose,Texas has a lot of problems too, I'd bet! It's the same everywhere/anywhere you go. Makes no difference! The hypocrits try to run everything, and tell everybody else how to live and run their business too! But it's ashame that some of the lazy kids/youth don't volunteer to help the Seniors in Loraine.
blessings await

Texarkana, TX

#4 Jun 8, 2010
I liked the first part of Post 1. Some of it not aware of, but missionary work should start at home, in our own backyards. When we become fully aware of this in our hearts and go help those who need help, then blessings are in store.

Remember II Chronicles 7:14.

I am a "Home Missionary" since about 1995 and we have received some of the greatest satisfaction in helping the elderly and even whole communities which are disadvantaged.

Blessings are in store, when you reach out. May not be any money there for you to do it, but still go do what you can, expecting nothing in return.

God loves the elderly and the disabled. We should be reaching out as much as possible in order for them to stay in their own homes for as long as they can. JMO
Ron-Texas

United States

#5 Jun 13, 2010
blessings await wrote:
I liked the first part of Post 1. Some of it not aware of, but missionary work should start at home, in our own backyards. When we become fully aware of this in our hearts and go help those who need help, then blessings are in store.
Remember II Chronicles 7:14.
I am a "Home Missionary" since about 1995 and we have received some of the greatest satisfaction in helping the elderly and even whole communities which are disadvantaged.
Blessings are in store, when you reach out. May not be any money there for you to do it, but still go do what you can, expecting nothing in return.
God loves the elderly and the disabled. We should be reaching out as much as possible in order for them to stay in their own homes for as long as they can. JMO
Totally agree with you. It's also called the Golden Rule. These people in Loraine, Texas need a helping had, Elderly/Seniors/Disabled. If you are not able to do something physically, then donate to one of the Churches, so the Church youth can help them.
justmyopinion

Whitney, TX

#6 Jun 22, 2010
I dont think the city should fine people for things grown up around their homes, or at least not until the city of Loraine has taken care of their own eye sores! Look at down town it is horrible! The sides of the roads (which belong to the city) should be mowed and kept up. Im not saying that junk laying around and weeds grown 6 feet up should be left, but as a community shouldnt we all just pitch in and help. A certain couple of teachers at the school should have an organization to go around and help out with this problem. The ag-science teacher that is leaving Loriane, planned on having the FFA do work for the community this summer for their record books, but the school decided he should no-longer be the AG teacher. So as I see it, I think the Loraine Student Council, cheerleaders, maybe athletics departments should do it.
Ron-Texas

United States

#7 Jun 23, 2010
justmyopinion wrote:
I dont think the city should fine people for things grown up around their homes, or at least not until the city of Loraine has taken care of their own eye sores! Look at down town it is horrible! The sides of the roads (which belong to the city) should be mowed and kept up. Im not saying that junk laying around and weeds grown 6 feet up should be left, but as a community shouldnt we all just pitch in and help. A certain couple of teachers at the school should have an organization to go around and help out with this problem. The ag-science teacher that is leaving Loriane, planned on having the FFA do work for the community this summer for their record books, but the school decided he should no-longer be the AG teacher. So as I see it, I think the Loraine Student Council, cheerleaders, maybe athletics departments should do it.
I agree with you. This should be a Community Project to clean up Loraine! Everybody needs to be involved, and not just the City giving people fines.
Tired

AOL

#8 Oct 8, 2013
I am over almost 75, disabled and live in a small
town. I have requested that the town remove the
large pine tree in the back corner of my yard,
but they refuse saying it is not an original
town tree, but none of the trees were there
when this town was built. I did not plant the
tree, the former tenant did.

They also say that I am responsible for cleaning
my garden, driveway, and sidewalk along the
property, which I do repeatedly.

The tree drops sap onto my steps, patio, patio
furniture, cars, etc; and they tell me that I
have to pay to trim the branches even though
I do not own the grounds and only have equity
in the house.

Furthermore they say I am also responsible for
cleaning the gutters in the street area and
refuse to clean up the debris.

I feel as though I am repeatly being descriminated
against since they know I did not plant the tree,
have numerous problems with it, and will not do
anything to help me with regards to this tree.

They do cut down other trees in the town, but
will not remove this tree,

Is there anything I can do to force them to
remove the tree or clean up the debris?
Joseph

Harrisburg, PA

#9 Oct 23, 2013
I was always skeptical about the content of complaints until I paid more attention and asked some well placed questions.
The baby boomers are a large percentage of the population. They are being targeted for a money grab and even more sadly - acts or policies are being put into place to rid locales of them.
Look at the entire state of Texas - though boast no State income tax yet what happens to the retired Folk owning a home...they pay exorbitant taxes to stay in their home - when the money runs out they are homeless.
Thanks for the change

Midland, TX

#10 Oct 23, 2013
Joseph wrote:
I was always skeptical about the content of complaints until I paid more attention and asked some well placed questions.
The baby boomers are a large percentage of the population. They are being targeted for a money grab and even more sadly - acts or policies are being put into place to rid locales of them.
Look at the entire state of Texas - though boast no State income tax yet what happens to the retired Folk owning a home...they pay exorbitant taxes to stay in their home - when the money runs out they are homeless.
School taxes are frozen in Texas at age 65 and the homestead exemption should also help for the rest.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Colorado City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
gay (Jan '11) May '16 Jgonzales 2
What can you tell me about Shawn Adkins? (Jan '11) Apr '16 YOPD 8,610
MCSO jailer Mar '16 Concerned 1
Sue Noel Missing! (Dec '15) Feb '16 Phyllis 2
contribution and distribution for same year Jan '16 mikesauer 1
News Hailey Dunn's mom not questioned since Texas ch... (May '13) Jul '15 EvilCantHide 14
News World's largest wind farm opens in West Texas (Oct '09) Apr '15 Timray 23

Colorado City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Colorado City Mortgages