Missing 13yr old Hailey Dunn from Col...
carmenU

New Orleans, LA

#21 Jan 6, 2011
Native Texan wrote:
<quoted text>
Straight Talk: I fully agree with your post, but you know society has taken a step back and at one time children and family came first in a parent's life. That has all changed now. Kids are no longer number one. These women break up with dude after dude and so what??? move another in and its nothing more than a swingin door to some. Same thing with single fathers these days! The majority can't live or stand to be by themself, or to be independant and take care of a child or children on their own. I remember the days when a single woman wouldn't dare move a man in to their home with their children. Why??? because the children came first, that's why. All these missing children and mysterious disappearances would not be happening if the parents put the children FIRST. By being FIRST, that means knowing where the child is at all times, who they are with and what they are doing. If a parent can not supervise the child themself, then they need to hire someone who can. That's called a baby sitter. That is a parent's responsibility and what putting a child first means. I wonder if some of these parents now days have more sense than their children? Seems not in many of these cases. The level of maturity is very low, therefore there is no such thing as responsibility, just ownership and nothing more. They put themselves first and the children just exist and survive the best they can.
Your an idiot and presumptuous. You are offensive to state that children who are victimized only happen in questionable families. You know nothing about the economics of raising children alone. IN this case, he father was across the street. I have4 never read the mom was moving men in and out. Do you know them or are you just judgemental? Look at your own life and stop judging others. You must be bored and sick.
justanotherkat

Upland, CA

#22 Jan 6, 2011
If you just think about it this way , like Marc Klass always says , if you are the last person to see a kid that goes missing , and all eyes are on you , you run not walk to the nearest poly machine and hook yourself up . Or beg someone to do it , Get it done fast, Get it out of the way and find the real kidnapper/s. Why make yourself look more guilty? Only someone hiding something would not take it. So there you go , person of interest Mr Adkins , why? because he made himself a Person of interest.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#23 Jan 6, 2011
Why did the mom not know who the other person was besides herself and the boyfriend who failed the polygraph? Most parents would want to know this info.
demetra

Tyler, TX

#24 Jan 6, 2011
People have been talking about how she was "posting" or communicating with "ms" and "fb" if you go to her myspace page and over on the left side it says "stream" click on that read all way down and it cleary says dec 27 "i got a new ipod touch" for x-mas along with alot of other conversations she was posting so i wonder if she took it with her?
sundown tx

Levelland, TX

#25 Jan 7, 2011
have they found her
sundown tx

Levelland, TX

#26 Jan 7, 2011
my neice moved in with me in november and she went to school with hailey.she is praying everyday that they find hailey and bring her home to her family
poor girl

United States

#27 Jan 7, 2011
I think the mom and boyfriend and maybe the dad had something to do with her missing. .the mom and dad are way to calm..and the boyfriend refusing to tske a poly then going on the run..something isn't right.. I live 4 hours from that town and with him on the run makes me nervous. . I sure hope they find her alive.. but its not looking good...
LD-TX

Lewisville, TX

#28 Jan 7, 2011
I agree the BF looks a litte guilty. But what about her friend. I know 13 year old girls. If they are not together they are on the talking/texting, some how in touch. I can't understand why she didn't know Hailey was "out of reach." As for small remote TX towns, they are not prepaired for this kind of problem. Every one does what he/she can. That doesn't help solve much, but the FBI and others who need to assist didn't rush in to help. The bottom line here is to pray for Hailey! Somebody knows something!!!
Native Texan

Dallas, TX

#29 Jan 7, 2011
carmenU wrote:
<quoted text>
What! You assume alot! Mom is a nurse. She was working. Dadand Girlfriend live across the street. Haile4y was good student and cheerleader. No evidence she was troubled. Let's hope your life never gets placed under a microscope. Shame on you.
CARMENU: I could care less what you think of this post or any other for that matter. This forum is not for you to come on here and try to start arguments by slinging accusations of which you know nothing of regarding this case or anybody on here. What ever you want to depict from these posts is your business, but the majority of these cases do not have the "fairy tale" environment you choose to believe. So dry up and blow away or grow up and find out the facts before you start calling other posters names and telling them what they have or have not done in life or need to do, or what they know. HAGD!
milly

AOL

#30 Jan 7, 2011
poor girl wrote:
I think the mom and boyfriend and maybe the dad had something to do with her missing..the mom and dad are way to calm..and the boyfriend refusing to tske a poly then going on the run..something isn't right.. I live 4 hours from that town and with him on the run makes me nervous.. I sure hope they find her alive.. but its not looking good...
You do know that the boyfriend did take a poly and failed and so did mom. I don't think that the boyfriend should of told the mom that he failed his test just before she was about to take one.
Come On

Lanagan, MO

#31 Jan 7, 2011
poor girl wrote:
I think the mom and boyfriend and maybe the dad had something to do with her missing..the mom and dad are way to calm..and the boyfriend refusing to tske a poly then going on the run..something isn't right.. I live 4 hours from that town and with him on the run makes me nervous.. I sure hope they find her alive.. but its not looking good...
You need to pay attention to the news. Your facts are a bit twisted.
arabesque

Wise, VA

#32 Jan 7, 2011
carmenU wrote:
<quoted text>
Your an idiot and presumptuous. You are offensive to state that children who are victimized only happen in questionable families. You know nothing about the economics of raising children alone. IN this case, he father was across the street. I have4 never read the mom was moving men in and out. Do you know them or are you just judgemental? Look at your own life and stop judging others. You must be bored and sick.
Amen!
arabesque

Wise, VA

#33 Jan 7, 2011
Native Texan wrote:
<quoted text>
CARMENU: I could care less what you think of this post or any other for that matter. This forum is not for you to come on here and try to start arguments by slinging accusations of which you know nothing of regarding this case or anybody on here. What ever you want to depict from these posts is your business, but the majority of these cases do not have the "fairy tale" environment you choose to believe. So dry up and blow away or grow up and find out the facts before you start calling other posters names and telling them what they have or have not done in life or need to do, or what they know. HAGD!
Who does have a fairy tale environment? The lack of a fairy tale environment has NOTHING to do with this. Hailey is missing. It doesn't matter if you think her Mom worked too much or if you don't like Hailey's parents' living situation. Unless Mom directly had anything to do with Hailey's disappearance, she isn't guilty of anything. The decent thing for you to do would be to stop badmouthing people you don't know and focus on the real issue - bringing an innocent girl home, and finding anyone who may have harmed her.
arabesque

Wise, VA

#34 Jan 7, 2011
Come On wrote:
<quoted text>You need to pay attention to the news. Your facts are a bit twisted.
That IS what was reported in the news yesterday. There are different stories today, so who knows what is true anymore.
sundown tx

Levelland, TX

#35 Jan 7, 2011
There`s alot of different stories but all that matters right now is to find hailey and bring her home safe to her family and friends. to her family and friends i ask the lord to bring her home safe

Native Texan

Dallas, TX

#36 Jan 7, 2011
arabesque wrote:
<quoted text>
Who does have a fairy tale environment? The lack of a fairy tale environment has NOTHING to do with this. Hailey is missing. It doesn't matter if you think her Mom worked too much or if you don't like Hailey's parents' living situation. Unless Mom directly had anything to do with Hailey's disappearance, she isn't guilty of anything. The decent thing for you to do would be to stop badmouthing people you don't know and focus on the real issue - bringing an innocent girl home, and finding anyone who may have harmed her.
I am not "bad mouthing" anyone! I am sick and tired of all these kids mysteriously disappearing/dying and nobody knows nothing, Nobody is held responsible, and Nobody is accountable. And it sure does matter what kind of lifestyle these kids are being brought up in and who they are being exposed to. Look at the Haleigh Cummings case out of Satsuma, FL., look at the Zahra Baker case out of Hickory NC, look at the case of Brittany Smith out of Roanoke VA. Now tell me that lifestyles and exposure to undesirables was not a factor in any of these!
poor girl

United States

#37 Jan 7, 2011
Come On wrote:
<quoted text>You need to pay attention to the news. Your facts are a bit twisted.
well there is still something going on with the mom and boyfriend... failing is just as bad as refusing to takw a poly.. they did something to tgat girl if they didn't they would of passed the poly...they need to tell the cops what happen..so they can stopping looking waisting tax dollars when they all ready know what happen....
Come On

Lanagan, MO

#38 Jan 7, 2011
poor girl wrote:
<quoted text> well there is still something going on with the mom and boyfriend... failing is just as bad as refusing to takw a poly.. they did something to tgat girl if they didn't they would of passed the poly...they need to tell the cops what happen..so they can stopping looking waisting tax dollars when they all ready know what happen....
Do a little research on "polygraph". You will find little support for its reliability in the science fields and the Supreme Court has ruled it an unproven tool. Results are not allowed in court cases.
Mike

Fort Worth, TX

#39 Jan 7, 2011
blowsmymind wrote:
Is Colorado city so remote, that the locals dont have internet access. Or maybe not too aware of topix? There is so little listed here about Hailey and/or her family. Small town USA where everyone knows everyone - Id think there would be alot more info floating around here on Topix.
Yes, they have internet there and Hailey's story is all over the internet, radio and tv stations even nationally because of the locals broadcasting it everywhere.
It is the locals who have put so much pressure and publicity on this that the Texas Rangers, FBI, Nancy Grace, Texas Equusearch Mounted Search and Recovery and dozens of tv, radio and other news services have become involved. Topix is a rather low priority news outlet in the scale of Facebook, national news and area news stations. Two of the locals have established websites dedicated to publicizing Hailey's story one of which received 140,000 visitors in the 1st 28 hours it was online.
I grew up in that remote little town but have be3en gone 40 years. I can assure you the locals are the reason you are hearing anything about her.
Mike

Fort Worth, TX

#40 Jan 7, 2011
Unless you have information that you know to be factual and not your opinion or own master Dick Tracy/CSI dectective accumen I would appreciate it if you kept your thoughts to yourself.
I started this discussion to make people aware of her story in hopes that someone reading it might be able to add factual info to help find her and for others to be supportive. It is not to pre-judge anyone... you don't know! It's only your opinion based on hear say. That is not helping.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Colorado City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Prison guards investigated (Dec '06) Nov '16 FuckMalinka 11
What can you tell me about Shawn Adkins? (Jan '11) Sep '16 420ville 8,610
Keith Hiser, city councilman (Apr '12) Sep '16 Kim 26
Read Sep '16 Orlando gallegos 1
gay (Jan '11) May '16 Jgonzales 2
MCSO jailer (Mar '16) Mar '16 Concerned 1
Sue Noel Missing! (Dec '15) Feb '16 Phyllis 2

Colorado City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance