Sherry Simpson

Cameron, MO

#1 Oct 4, 2010
Today I got a huge shock. I received my Mitchel County Tax Statement. I have mineral rights to some land there in Mitchell County. They came from my grandparents many years ago. I don't even own the land anymore, just the mineral rights. My taxes went up almost 5X'S the amount that I paid last year. Is this correct? Has everyone's taxes down there gone up like this? Tomorrow I will be calling the tax assessor/collector to see what is going on. This is just down-right scary. I don't see how the residents of Mitchell county can afford this kind of taxation. I hope I find out tomorrow that this was a huge mistake.
Let me know what you all think........is this really happening down there? Did noone protest?
Sherry Simpson

Cameron, MO

#2 Oct 5, 2010
Well, today I am a little more informed. I got some information about the taxes but tomorrow I am going to call Kay Nell Cornutt to try to get more information. They aren't up quite as much as I initially thought but they are still up considerably. I will let you kow what I find out.
salgal

Abilene, TX

#3 Oct 8, 2010
rollback, raised value of land & houses, raised mine by abt. 7000 last year. We are a retirement town,but soon won't be,because taxes keep going up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Colorado City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Water Reclamation Plant in Westbrook 13 hr Thanks for the ch... 1
What can you tell me about Shawn Adkins? (Jan '11) Dec '14 Donna 8,609
Hailey Dunn's mom not questioned since Texas ch... (May '13) Dec '14 saltliving 12
Prison guards investigated (Dec '06) Nov '14 joseph 9
New City Manager Garcia faced indictment in 200... (Jul '14) Sep '14 Jesus 6
All of us cousins in front of our house on Walnut (Jul '14) Aug '14 Sherry 2
Is mitchell county in a oil boom or not Aug '14 I no 1
Colorado City Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Colorado City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News