Closed for the Holidays?
news flash

United States

#1 Sep 6, 2010
Did i just hear that right? The Fire Station will be closed on Holidays? Wow, I'm glad that fires and wrecks take holidays off! Are the cops off today too?

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#2 Sep 7, 2010
Yes they were , and i see this as a trend to come ... i believe thats the first time in 10 years that the fire department wasn't manned at least part of the day. How insane will it get ?

Location hidden

#3 Sep 7, 2010
Well to the so well informed person that says we are clueless , come forward and lay your oh so infanat wisdom on us. Do you know different ? Are you that well informed ? Please enlighten us.
Loraine

Union City, OK

#4 Sep 7, 2010
Our firestation is never open unless there is a fire or wreck. We have a lot more wrecks over here for our VOLUNTEERS to respond to. That's just a small town for you. Be happy you have one most of the time.
whatever

United States

#5 Sep 7, 2010
Oh Please! Isn't this the "Colorado City Forum"? Would you like for all the cops to be "VOLUNTEERS" too? Who cares? You have a lot more wrecks because people are too stupid to slow down on the damn bridge in a rainstorm at night! I'm not stupid, I know that Colorado City goes to help out damn near everytime there's a fire too big to put out with a waterhose! Just ask Pat White! I live in COLORADO CITY, not LORAINE. Not WESTBROOK. And NO I WILL NOT "BE HAPPY I HAVE ONE MOST OF THE TIME". So GET OVER YOURSELF!
news flash

United States

#6 Sep 7, 2010
Wow! Why are you so mad, if you live in Loraine? Is it like a contest or something? Loraine is better because "we have more wrecks"? That seems like a strange thing to be proud of. Or maybe it's because you have only volunteers? Why does that matter? I guess I just don't get it? Maybe I should just BE HAPPY that if I need the cops or fire dept, and it happens to be a HOLIDAY, it might take a little longer, but HEY, at least they finally showed up? So in other words people expect for (and have been known to get irate, because I've seen it first hand) Fuller Foods to be open on holidays, but not the fire dept or police? Come on! Stop being childish with the "Our teeny tiny town does it (AND DOES IT BETTER) with only VOLUNTEERS".

United States

#7 Sep 7, 2010
well im glad i dont live in f'in LORAINE then! maybe next time ya'll come calling for help c-city will be like WHY? I THOUGHT THE ALLMIGHTY LORAINE FD COULD HANDLE ANYTHING? but i know that won't happen cuz unlike some ppl out there, our guys care about helping EVERYONE! this county is 900+ sq acres, and c-city covers ALL OF IT! why is it so outrageous that we had full-time firefighters? it's not like there was a different one for every day of the week? i never heard anyone say "what do we need firefighters for" before all this crap came along. i never heard anyone say "why do we need more than one cop on duty at a time for?" either! this is 2010, not 1910. GROW UP ALREADY. there will come a day when there are too many ppl at work, or out of town, or busy doin other things. oh wait, u live in LORAINE, though....so i guess u have nothing to worry about with them mighty VOLUNTEERS! all of these men are volunteers, and i know that this fd could not function without volunteers, they are the backbone of this fd! but it's not right to cut firemen or cops out (whether their full time or not) so the city manager can hire him an assistant and make his resume look good!
Am I missing something

Union City, OK

#8 Sep 8, 2010
You people are wild. It's like a feeding frenzy. One they just said to be thankful for what you have, not Loraine is better or anything else. Also, are we even losing anyone from the PD. I heard that the only one officer is leaving (for better pay elsewhere) and one will be hired to replace them. Is that not correct?

Location hidden

#9 Sep 8, 2010
Yes , thats sort of funny how he stated on the radio , KTXS , and the paper that 2 officers would be cut , and now they're hiring another full time officer. Yet another lie.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Colorado City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Checking the Mitchell County water situation. Jun 29 salgal 2
News World's largest wind farm opens in West Texas (Oct '09) Apr '17 Solarman 25
News Prison guards investigated (Dec '06) Nov '16 FuckMalinka 11
What can you tell me about Shawn Adkins? (Jan '11) Sep '16 420ville 8,610
Keith Hiser, city councilman (Apr '12) Sep '16 Kim 26
Read (Sep '16) Sep '16 Orlando gallegos 1
gay (Jan '11) May '16 Jgonzales 2

Colorado City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Colorado City Mortgages