Man pleads guilty to killing boy

A former local college football player pleaded guilty to first-degree murder Friday for killing an 11-month-old boy in 2004. Full Story
MCM

Irving, TX

#24 Feb 11, 2011
I played football with Justin at McMurry for one season in 2001. I transferred to another university after that season. Justin went back to HSU to be a student assistant after 2001 and I ran into him when HSU visited my new team during the 2003 season. He was so much more muscular than he was when i was at MCM. I asked him what he had been doing and he made a motion like he was sticking a syringe in his behind. I'll never forget that moment because he was so proud of it. He told me "it's a miracle worker, you should try it". It was a less than a year later that I heard the news about what happened with him. He is eligible for parole in about a year. I am rooting for him. Of course I think what he did was disgusting, but Justin really does have something to contribute to society. I, for one, hope he gets paroled and is able to build a life for himself. I also hope that the father of baby Cai doesn't kill him if he does get out. This is still a devistating story for me.
WOW

United States

#25 Feb 12, 2011
@MCM. Even though you say you know Justin did wrong, how can you go on to say you are "rooting for him" and that he has something to contribute to society?! I am not trying to be rude I mean think abt it. I don't know if you have kids, but if some man throws your child around like a rag doll until ur little son is dead, you would most certainly not want to hear ppl "rooting for Justin"!!! The little boy did not die instantly, he was crying as his helpless body kept enduring massive blows until he died! Who cares what if Justin was a football player, or considered nice by some! He KILLED AN INNOCENT BOY! Regardless of what he did in the past, he is now a murderer. A murderer of the worst kind. You may feel bad his life had to take this turn but why feel bad for him if HE IS NOT NOT NOT THE VICTIM? He chose to do this. The little boy is the victim. How abt rooting for him to get justice? Jusin took an innocent precious life without mercy, justin should not have gotten another chance at freedom when he took his victims freedom away.
MCM

Irving, TX

#26 Feb 25, 2011
Maybe you are right. I don't know the details of the story. All I know is that I cannot imagine Justin doing this on purpose. I feel like he probably killed him by accident. That's not to say that he is innocent and 12 years is a long time to think about his mistake. It has nothing to do with him being a football player. The type of person he was is why it's hard to imagine him as a monster. I met him family, great family. Justin is a great guy. He has tons to contribute to society if they will parole him and allow him to do that. Regardless of your harsh dialouge, I am STILL rooting for him!
WOW

College Station, TX

#27 Feb 26, 2011
Okay well you are entitled to your opinion.. i just wish u were not so naive. I mean.. u think he killed him on accident? Is it really that easy to kill a human being? NO! The baby was struck on the HEAD! Really its an accident to supposedly 'accidentally' have made the baby hit his head on the floor AND ON the bed rail? You're insane! I really am not trying to be rude but do u have no compassion towards this child's family? Here you are saying..'oh i know he killed the baby but he is a great guy for society and i am rooting for him'... I just see the way this world is changing and it hurts me to see a human being so ignorant. Like I said I know we are all entitled to our opinion but honestly, listen to yourself. Had that been your child would you be saying the same thing???!!! You seem to really think good of him so you really believe had it been ur baby boy, you would still be saying..'oh it was an accident'. Stop being so hypocritical! And just so you know.. the ones who statistically murder known children are usually the ones you least expect. I don't know his family, but i'm sure they are nice and hurting for they are not the ones who did this. I am just being realistic.. a man murdered a baby not by AN ACCIDENTAL BLOW but by BEING STUCK IN THE HEAD MULTIPLE TIMES according to court documents. Such a good guy your friend was.. u must be not much different to be supporting him. GOD bless you
Agree

College Station, TX

#28 Feb 26, 2011
I agree with WOW. It is sad when we hear of devastating stories with people supporting the murderer especially of a child.:(
12 years may be a long time to think about it (if he does the entire time) but atleast his family can still go visit him and one day he will have a life again. The parents of the baby will never get to see the baby grow up. So basically MCM is saying the baby was murdered by a good man. Disgusting
WOW

United States

#29 Feb 26, 2011
I'm sry I juat get upset when I hear of any violence against a child. I just do. MCM I'm sure when u met him he was a good friend and u are entitled to see him as you please. I don't know you and we don't need to add on to the hatred in this world.
MCM

Irving, TX

#30 Mar 5, 2011
This is a tough situation. I cannot believe it happened and cannot believe he did it. I know he did do it though. I just haven't found a way to reconcile it in my mind.
Someone who loves Justin

Rockwall, TX

#31 May 27, 2011
As I read the latest comments regarding Justin Hill, my heart hurts in more ways than I can describe. Why I even read them, I'm not sure. By no means will I lower myself to the standards of most people on here. But it is important that a few details are cleared up. Question: Were any of you people there the night of the accident? No, you weren't. So how could you possibly know exactly what happened??? The media blew this story way out of preportion! No one is taking lately of the fact that a precious life was taken. Justin is most certainly NOT taking that lightly! The "court documents" as one person stated, are people's words, including the attorney's. Justin NEVER admitted to purposely hurting the child, he merely pleaded guilty to being RESPONSIBLE for the death because the child was in his care. Being the kind of man he is, he didn't feel good about not taking responsibility and walking away as if to seem he didn't care. He felt it was his "duty" and the least he could do to atleast be honest and admit that the accident was his fault. However, you people and the media have made it look like he purposely hurt this child. If you knew Justin, knew the mother of this child and knew the dynamics of their family at the time, you would know that Justin loved that little boy as if he were his own. His "father" as someone stated, was not at all that. He was no where to be seen in this child's life, which is why Justin took responsibility of him and his mother.

After the death of that little angel, Justin wanted nothing more than to be with him. He felt he had no more reason to live. Justin's heart was completely shattered. I'm fully aware of the great loss of the child's family. I too have lost loved ones. No one, not Justin's family and not Justin's friends have forgotten that family or the child. He was a very special part of Justin's family and always will be.

When something this awful happens, no one wins. Some may say that 12 years isn't justice. What is justice exactly? How many years is enough? Is there even such a thing? I'm a mother of 2 amazingly adorable boys, one of which is almost 3. I often wonder how I would've felt had I gotten the news that one of them was accidently killed. Could I ever forgive someone for hurting my babies? I'm uncertain for the mere fact that I have no way of knowing because thankfully it hasn't happened. What I do know is that 12 years is NOTHING compared to the life long guilt and suffering Justin will feel for his loss.
Unfortunately years in prison doesn't bring this baby back. And hateful words about Justin won't either.

So I say to you folks who are so full of hatred and judgement; Put yourself in the shoes of Justin. How would you feel knowing that you're hated by so many, yet most have never met you. How would you feel knowing that you accidentally took the life of a little soul that you loved so much it hurt, yet most people believe you did it on purpose? How would you feel knowing you'll never again see those little eyes gazing into yours with more love than you deserve, yet most people think you're a monster and don't care at all?

Moving on after 7 years has been far from easy for Justin and his family. I would imagine that the baby's family would agree. No one knows the answers as to why things happen the way they do. As a believer, I know God has a plan for Justin's life, a big plan. The best news about all of this is that your words are just that. Justin is a far better human being than I myself and most I know. Good will come from this, it already has. I believe that someone will read this and have a change of heart, not for Justin but for kindness and decency.
toots

Arlington, TX

#32 May 28, 2011
Someone who loves Justin wrote:
As I read the latest comments regarding Justin Hill, my heart hurts in more ways than I can describe. Why I even read them, I'm not sure. By no means will I lower myself to the standards of most people on here. But it is important that a few details are cleared up. Question: Were any of you people there the night of the accident? No, you weren't. So how could you possibly know exactly what happened??? The media blew this story way out of preportion! No one is taking lately of the fact that a precious life was taken. Justin is most certainly NOT taking that lightly! The "court documents" as one person stated, are people's words, including the attorney's. Justin NEVER admitted to purposely hurting the child, he merely pleaded guilty to being RESPONSIBLE for the death because the child was in his care. Being the kind of man he is, he didn't feel good about not taking responsibility and walking away as if to seem he didn't care. He felt it was his "duty" and the least he could do to atleast be honest and admit that the accident was his fault. However, you people and the media have made it look like he purposely hurt this child. If you knew Justin, knew the mother of this child and knew the dynamics of their family at the time, you would know that Justin loved that little boy as if he were his own. His "father" as someone stated, was not at all that. He was no where to be seen in this child's life, which is why Justin took responsibility of him and his mother.
After the death of that little angel, Justin wanted nothing more than to be with him. He felt he had no more reason to live. Justin's heart was completely shattered. I'm fully aware of the great loss of the child's family. I too have lost loved ones. No one, not Justin's family and not Justin's friends have forgotten that family or the child. He was a very special part of Justin's family and always will be.
When something this awful happens, no one wins. Some may say that 12 years isn't justice. What is justice exactly? How many years is enough? Is there even such a thing? I'm a mother of 2 amazingly adorable boys, one of which is almost 3. I often wonder how I would've felt had I gotten the news that one of them was accidently killed. Could I ever forgive someone for hurting my babies? I'm uncertain for the mere fact that I have no way of knowing because thankfully it hasn't happened. What I do know is that 12 years is NOTHING compared to the life long guilt and suffering Justin will feel for his loss.
Unfortunately years in prison doesn't bring this baby back. And hateful words about Justin won't either.
So I say to you folks who are so full of hatred and judgement; Put yourself in the shoes of Justin. How would you feel knowing that you're hated by so many, yet most have never met you. How would you feel knowing that you accidentally took the life of a little soul that you loved so much it hurt, yet most people believe you did it on purpose? How would you feel knowing you'll never again see those little eyes gazing into yours with more love than you deserve, yet most people think you're a monster and don't care at all?
Moving on after 7 years has been far from easy for Justin and his family. I would imagine that the baby's family would agree. No one knows the answers as to why things happen the way they do. As a believer, I know God has a plan for Justin's life, a big plan. The best news about all of this is that your words are just that. Justin is a far better human being than I myself and most I know. Good will come from this, it already has. I believe that someone will read this and have a change of heart, not for Justin but for kindness and decency.
Ignorance is bliss, huh?
Justin's family still has him, the babies family doesn't. Yep, sounds good to me!(Rolling eyes and vomiting a little in mouth)
abc

United States

#33 Jun 13, 2011
@ "SOMEONE WHO LOVES JUSTIN"... how can you say you have two beautiful children then say you know GOD has a "plan for justin's life, a big plan?!" Thank GOD this did not happen to you as you stated but I for a FACT that if this had happened to me or anyone else (including you) we would not be looking at the man who took our child away and say "You are a far human being than I am or most" --> as you had stated he was!!! And it actually sickens me to have read that you said he never admitteed to purposely hurting the child but that he felt it was "his duty" to plead responsible b/c the child was in his care. That's outrageous! Listen to yourself.. for NO person goes to prison for murder if it was an accident! To be convicted of murder you have to be found guilty by the evidence presented beyond reasonable doubt regardless of what the media says. It is not okay for you to say justin is not guilty of murdering the child. So you must believe the child himself kept giving himself blows to the head until he died for evidence shows IT WAS NOT AN ACCIDENTAL BLOW BUT BY BEING STRUCK IN THE HEAD NUMEROUS (yes numerous) TIMES! And you believe justin just plead guilty because he felt it was his "duty" because he was taking care of the child but he didn't do anything. That is a ridiculous!! When I first read your comment I thought it was a person hurting for someone they knew and felt bad for you. Then when I read your excuses for him and that justin is a better man than you I felt sick to my stomach. Since he is better than you I hope my children or I never come across you!
abc

United States

#34 Jun 13, 2011
@ toots... yes ignorance is bliss my friend. This world is hard most days for crime is worse than ever before. Thanks for having some compassion for the innocent.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#35 Jun 13, 2011
He plead guilty for the fact that he didn't have to face 12 complete strangers (a jury), because he would have been eaten alive. So he took the easy way out!!
Its hard for me to understand how someone could say "I often wonder how I would have felt if I had gotten that kind of news." You couldn't possibly have any kids of your own - because if you did - you wouldn't wonder how you would've felt had you gotten the news that one of them was accidently killed.
Accident or no accident.. no child should EVER have to go through what that poor child went through. And you say "How would you feel knowing you'll never again see those little eyes gazing into yours with more love than you deserve"... he should have thought of that as those little eyes were gazing into his begging for his life!
Hmmm

Huntington, WV

#36 Jun 29, 2011
Is he getting out anytime soon?
toots

Arlington, TX

#37 Jul 28, 2011
Let's hope he doesn't get out anytime soon
Hsu football alum

United States

#38 Nov 4, 2011
The mother had an avid drug user and partyier. J-hill was a nice guy. One of the reasons I kept playing football.
MCM

Irving, TX

#39 May 20, 2012
I'm not sure if anyone still looks at this article, but I have a question for HSU football alum. I too know that JHill was a nice guy, but why was he running with a lady who was an "avid drug user"? What good could come of that for a nice guy? Just wondering.
Another HSU Guy

United States

#40 Jun 9, 2012
I too played ball with JHill at HSU. I was shocked that he was responsible for this child's death. I always enjoyed being around him and thought he was a great guy as well; however, I was the flight paramedic who cared for Cai on the way to Cooks that night. If you think this was an accident you are wrong! It is amazing Cai lived as long as he did. I was physically and emotionally drained after caring for him. JHill murdered that child and justice was not served. God will be his ultimate judge and I will never forget how this experience changed my life. I am a more patient and loving father on a positive note but I unfortunately I always wonder what dark side people have. Don't really know what else to say but I do not feel sorry for, respect, or wish JHill the best! I was there and saw what he did!
wondering

United States

#41 Jun 22, 2012
@another hsu guy: I'm sry you had to witness the horrible scene. No matter what our job title is, you are still a human being and I know situations can have an impact on you. GOD bless you for being a paramedic and doing what you do because I am not that strong to deal with that on a daily basis.. not even once. NOW FOR THE PEOPLE SAYING JUSTIN WAS A NICE GUY AND BAD MOUTHING THE MOTHER... ARE PATHETIC! JUSTIN KILLED THE INNOCENT BABY NOT THE MOTHER! So are you saying justin did no wrong in killing the baby because the mother supposedly partied or whatever?! REGARDLESS OF WHAT YOU THOUGHT OF THE MOTHER.. JUSTIN KILLED AN INNOCENT BABY! The child suffered being beat to death and I can't stand adults sticking up for the murderer and not the victim especially a defensless baby! That baby did not die instintly but after enduring pain after pain till he died! I have a 2 year old and shame on you for sticking up for the murderer!

Since: Jan 12

Abilene, TX

#42 Jun 24, 2012
Justin was up for parole in May 2012, I wonder if he has received an answer yet?
MCM

Houston, TX

#43 Jul 26, 2012
Another HSU Guy,

You were way closer to that situation than I was, so I believe what you say. Shame. Now that I have heard an actual first hand account, I hope that he wasn't parolled in May. Anyone have an answer?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Colorado City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New City Manager Garcia faced indictment in 200... Sep '14 Jesus 6
All of us cousins in front of our house on Walnut Aug '14 Sherry 2
Is mitchell county in a oil boom or not Aug '14 I no 1
Purchase of Mitchell Co. Utilities by C-City Aug '14 Concered 1
What can you tell me about Shawn Adkins? (Jan '11) Jul '14 howhigh 8,624
Thunderstorms hit southern Big Country Jun '14 Speak easy 2
Sweetwater resident competes in Texas Shredder ... Jun '14 Speak easy 1
Colorado City Dating
Find my Match

Colorado City Jobs