Mom's boyfriend 'person of interest' ...

Mom's boyfriend 'person of interest' in Texas case

There are 78 comments on the Tri-cityherald.com story from Jan 12, 2011, titled Mom's boyfriend 'person of interest' in Texas case. In it, Tri-cityherald.com reports that:

This undated handout photo provided by the Texas Department of Public Safety shows Halley Darlene Dunne.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Tri-cityherald.com.

nana

Owensboro, KY

#21 Jan 18, 2011
I think they should do a complete neighborhood search, as for the bf, he really does need to answer some serious questions, as for the video of him & his friends, that doesn't make him a killer people, my own two boys dressed up like mike meyers & freddy and did a video & even went to the opening of that new halloween movie ,hid behind the curtain til it started & came out to scare some friends, thats harmless, I mean come on, If I was the police I would also be finding the guy across the yard who suddenly moved out ! and also stay on the bf, & search the bunker & his mothers & grandmothers, believe me if it was my child or grandchild, I would be doing that myself, I would go to every single house around there and question, I would go to every single friend & parents of my child, as for the bf, I would seek to track every friend or family member within a 100 mile area. I sure hope they find her alive
DanielPA

Greensboro, NC

#22 Jan 19, 2011
twoCentsWorth wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for sharing...
many many boys & girls are in that awful situation,and the parent defends the partner and disses the kids who end up as street urchins...
twocentsworth, I agree, many children in one parent/broken families and foster children have a tough life in their homes and in the schools.
Sadly, a lot of adults just ignore what they see and hear is happening to these children...

but if the same thing was happening to them/the adults/ at home or at work 'they' would be doing something about it quick.

Does anyone other than me have the feeling, Billie is 'holding back something'????jmo
JUST WONDERING

Olney, TX

#23 Jan 19, 2011
nana wrote:
I think they should do a complete neighborhood search, as for the bf, he really does need to answer some serious questions, as for the video of him & his friends, that doesn't make him a killer people, my own two boys dressed up like mike meyers & freddy and did a video & even went to the opening of that new halloween movie ,hid behind the curtain til it started & came out to scare some friends, thats harmless, I mean come on, If I was the police I would also be finding the guy across the yard who suddenly moved out ! and also stay on the bf, & search the bunker & his mothers & grandmothers, believe me if it was my child or grandchild, I would be doing that myself, I would go to every single house around there and question, I would go to every single friend & parents of my child, as for the bf, I would seek to track every friend or family member within a 100 mile area. I sure hope they find her alive
You made some really great suggestions and I agree with most of your post except about the videos. I think the key word to think about here is "BOYS" ---- Kids / children do that sort of thing (dressing up and scaring people) when there are little. Shawn and the others were not children or "Little Boys" when they made those videos and they had REAL Knives and REAL GUNS and doing REAL DRUGS!Maybe it's just me,but those videos are creepy and really not normal to me.Just my opinion
Tragic

Milwaukee, WI

#24 Jan 19, 2011
DeFens wrote:
As far as TV interviews go:
many family that are involved in such cases and are on tv NG
usually at first act all innocent and become instant tv stars.
Granted, for a sad reason.
In doing so, they are focus of attention.
Shawn has no credible excuse for his sudden departure from work.
also: I had a feeling Haleigh was afraid of him,.
but hiding out , a runaway?
Not with him there...
in a YT video featuring him & his creepy pals, there is a fall out shelter/bunker that needs to be checked via
LE ....search warrant...
was she[ haleigh] ever there?is she there now???
When those videos first came out I watch all that I could find. There was a picture of the inside of this bunker or sellar it was of a shorter person or thing standing up against a wall somehow. The walls where covered with wood slats. This picture was blurred sort of grayish but I looked at for a long time and the arms of this figure looked like long bones in shirt sleves. They looked brown in color. The head was covered somehow with a mass of something. After looking at it for a long time I thought maybe its a deer carcass dressed to look like a person. Those videos are really freaky. That place exists some where and the siding on the house by it is a light blue. The picture NG has on her show where two are dressed as slasher and chain saw characters. The slasher is sitting on the lid of this place I think. I can't get this picture out of my head.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#25 Jan 19, 2011
DanielPA wrote:
<quoted text>
twocentsworth, I agree, many children in one parent/broken families and foster children have a tough life in their homes and in the schools.
Sadly, a lot of adults just ignore what they see and hear is happening to these children...
but if the same thing was happening to them/the adults/ at home or at work 'they' would be doing something about it quick.
Does anyone other than me have the feeling, Billie is 'holding back something'????jmo
I think she is holding back. She may not have been directly involved with her daughter's disappearance, but she knows something.
DanielPA

Greensboro, NC

#26 Jan 19, 2011
I'm starting to climb on the fence...reason being...

1..The red-hoop earring that H. was wearing was found on the fathers, girlfriends floor.....did anyone hear what room the earring was found in?

2.. H. was seen by a neighbor with a boy child that looked to be about 7yrs. old that day.

3. Fathers girlfriend has a child around that age.
4..Girlfriend first said H. had been there, then said later she had not.
5. She lived across the street and Now I understand girlfriend is moving...

Those are some reasons I'm climbing on the fence for now!
correct me if I'm wrong on any of this.
Calie

Douglas, GA

#27 Jan 19, 2011
DanielPA wrote:
1..The red-hoop earring that H. was wearing was found on the fathers, girlfriends floor.....did anyone hear what room the earring was found in?
2.. H. was seen by a neighbor with a boy child that looked to be about 7yrs. old that day.
Is the girlfriend's son black?

I thought they said the little boy was black.
DanielPA

Greensboro, NC

#28 Jan 19, 2011
Another thing:
Has the fathers, girlfriends son been questioned, without the mother present?

A different point:
I just heard Billie say she seldom locked her doors or windows, day or night.

So wasn't it different and strange that S. had the doors LOCKED that day (daylight hours) and Billie's SON was forced to climb in a window to get in his home?
DanielPA

Greensboro, NC

#29 Jan 19, 2011
Added to make my comment a bit clearer.

They said the earring was found on the floor while the father was helping his girlfriend move?
They are living with his mother in Snyder.

The house they were in was subsidized housing in his girlfriends name and he wasn't on the lease so they had to move.
Did the girlfriend work anywhere or was she on welfare?

Guess the Father took time-out from looking for his daughter to help girlfriend move..
DanielPA

Greensboro, NC

#30 Jan 19, 2011
Guess I'm talking to myself tonight, so I'll continue.

The red earring they showed on Nancy Grace tonight is the one that had both beads screwed on it.
The other earring is missing, so this has to be the one that DD found on the girlfriends floor when she was moving.

My daughter has gaged her ears and you don't take them out.
They are kind of like starter earrings.
Let me tell you, they fit tight enough not to slip out.

And when the balls ARE screwed on tight, they won't go anywhere.
You can sleep with them and jog with them, they won't fall off..of course it could be ripped-off....jmo
DanielPA

Greensboro, NC

#31 Jan 19, 2011
Has anyone heard if clint, H.s father and girlfriend been given lie detector test?

To leave no stone unturned, both should be checked out...and given polygraphs.

just saying, Billie has been run through the mill, standing alone in this and yet we have heard nothing about the father and his girlfriend on that day.

Remember they only lived across the street and the hairdresser claims to have seen H. and a boy child, that looked like the girlfriends child, walking toward the girlfriends house, the day she disappeared.

Thinkin outside the box, What IF H. walked in on 'something, saw something'????jmo

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#32 Jan 19, 2011
DanielPA wrote:
Guess I'm talking to myself tonight, so I'll continue.
The red earring they showed on Nancy Grace tonight is the one that had both beads screwed on it.
The other earring is missing, so this has to be the one that DD found on the girlfriends floor when she was moving.
My daughter has gaged her ears and you don't take them out.
They are kind of like starter earrings.
Let me tell you, they fit tight enough not to slip out.
And when the balls ARE screwed on tight, they won't go anywhere.
You can sleep with them and jog with them, they won't fall off..of course it could be ripped-off....jmo
I believe that the earring fell out when she was with her dad.
I have big issues with the mom. According to her, the police have changed EVERYTHING she has said to them.
She is covering something up. Just not sure yet what it may be.
Tragic

Milwaukee, WI

#33 Jan 19, 2011
I am me-deal with it wrote:
<quoted text>
I have big issues with the mom. According to her, the police have changed EVERYTHING she has said to them.
Ditto....I will wait until LE says something positive about a red earing. Hope DB gave it to LE to check for blood not just using it for show and tell. Hairdresser, will wait for her poly. Don't think CD can take poly for 30 days since disappearance because of his pot use. Don't know about the girl friend but baby is very young and women are checked during pregnancy for any drug use in every state of the union. And if positive baby is taken from them by the state at brith. She has her child. Didn't hear she may leave him, but if she does I sure it was Child services that put the idea in her head. There is no one clean in this disappearance. And dirt is being swept from every corner. Hope SA is enjoying the show.

Ya notice CD does not have his son. There is a reason.

I think since the begining SA pointed in CD and MB's direction for a reason to cast suspicion in another direction then his. And who believes him, he failed his Poly.

I certianly beleive LE should look everywhere though. And I think they are. They where slow on the get go but I can see steam coming out now that NG and Klass have lit the fire. No Stone will be unturned or crushed.
The Truth

San Angelo, TX

#34 Jan 19, 2011
In Colorado City,Tx today. Local Law Enforcement were not visible anywhere, except being called to a search area of possible findings by Volunteers. If you heard the comment on Nancy Grace's show tonight. The comment was made by a Colorado City's police officer, his remark to a 911 call made by Billie Dunn. "Dammit" she's been at it all day. I guess I will go over there. This was recorded & played on Nancy Grace tonight. Unprofessional attitude by the local police. If a volunteer search party find's something, they want the credit!
Just Me

Midland, MI

#36 Jan 20, 2011
The Truth wrote:
In Colorado City,Tx today. Local Law Enforcement were not visible anywhere, except being called to a search area of possible findings by Volunteers. If you heard the comment on Nancy Grace's show tonight. The comment was made by a Colorado City's police officer, his remark to a 911 call made by Billie Dunn. "Dammit" she's been at it all day. I guess I will go over there. This was recorded & played on Nancy Grace tonight. Unprofessional attitude by the local police. If a volunteer search party find's something, they want the credit!
http://www.examiner.com/crime-in-national/hai...
http://bigcountryhomepage.com/libraries/nxd/m...
DanielPA

Greensboro, NC

#37 Jan 20, 2011
The Truth wrote:
In Colorado City,Tx today. Local Law Enforcement were not visible anywhere, except being called to a search area of possible findings by Volunteers.

If you heard the comment on Nancy Grace's show tonight. The comment was made by a Colorado City's police officer, his remark to a 911 call made by Billie Dunn. "Dammit" she's been at it all day.

I guess I will go over there. This was recorded & played on Nancy Grace tonight.

Unprofessional attitude by the local police. If a volunteer search party find's something, they want the credit!
The Truth, I heard it, and got really disgusted and then I got mad.

It's the same ole, same ole when women and children need help...there's little to none to be found behind the scenes, if the truth is known.

This guy that was hired with Texas tax money didn't want to be bothered...

I could just see that idiot, sitting with his feet propped up on the desk, layed back in his chair, having coffee and doughnuts...
it's my opinion from hearing his response, he didn't give a 'damn' what Billie was going through that day...he didn't want to be bothered.

It's my opinion, this lazy guy is not cut-out for this kind of job and should be fired...jmo
DanielPA

Greensboro, NC

#38 Jan 20, 2011
I am me-deal with it wrote:
<quoted text>
I am me-deal with it, I agree there's issues with B., but let's not overlook the father and his gf...there may be issues there as well. What was the GF doing all that day, did she have a visitor??

IF the earring fell out on Christmas, why didn't H. mention it in 2 days and go back and find it?

IF it was lost at Christmas, which I do not believe, then it's hard to believe the floor had NOT been swept or vacuumed since before Christmas.

Changing the subject here:
Shawn threatened Billie & Clint's lives and also stated that their deaths would be remembered for a long time to come. per 911 call ( bigcountryhomepage.com ).

If B. was SO afraid of him getting into her house because he knows she leaves the windows and doors unlocked...why not just LOCK them or have the landlord change the locks?...jmo
Just Me

Midland, MI

#39 Jan 20, 2011
DanielPA wrote:
The earring was found by DD on the living room floor near the sofa when Clint and girlfriend Naomi were moving out of Naomi's Section 8 home.

According to Naomi, Hailey had removed her earrings the last time she was the home, set them by the sofa, and asked Naomi to put them up for her, but when she went to get them, she only found one. The missing one was found during the move.

It is presumed that the little boy seen by the hair dresser walking with Hailey (she says on Monday, but the day is being disputed) was Naomi's 7 year old son. The boy seen was bi-racial, and Naomi's son is bi-racial.

Naomi was asked to move out of the house, because Clint had been illegally living there with her. Clint's most recent arrest for drug possession could have had something to do with it, too.
Just Me

Midland, MI

#40 Jan 20, 2011
DanielPA wrote:
<quoted text>
The Truth, I heard it, and got really disgusted and then I got mad.
It's the same ole, same ole when women and children need help...there's little to none to be found behind the scenes, if the truth is known.
This guy that was hired with Texas tax money didn't want to be bothered...
I could just see that idiot, sitting with his feet propped up on the desk, layed back in his chair, having coffee and doughnuts...
it's my opinion from hearing his response, he didn't give a 'damn' what Billie was going through that day...he didn't want to be bothered.
It's my opinion, this lazy guy is not cut-out for this kind of job and should be fired...jmo
The 911 tape BOMBSHELL NG dropped last night refers to Billie and Shawn repeatedly reporting each other on Valentine's Day, 2010.
The Truth

San Angelo, TX

#41 Jan 20, 2011
DanielPA wrote:
<quoted text>
I am me-deal with it, I agree there's issues with B., but let's not overlook the father and his gf...there may be issues there as well. What was the GF doing all that day, did she have a visitor??
IF the earring fell out on Christmas, why didn't H. mention it in 2 days and go back and find it?
IF it was lost at Christmas, which I do not believe, then it's hard to believe the floor had NOT been swept or vacuumed since before Christmas.
Changing the subject here:
Shawn threatened Billie & Clint's lives and also stated that their deaths would be remembered for a long time to come. per 911 call ( bigcountryhomepage.com ).
If B. was SO afraid of him getting into her house because he knows she leaves the windows and doors unlocked...why not just LOCK them or have the landlord change the locks?...jmo

All these people that are mentioned in this situation are a bunch of unschooled, drug using hillbilly's. They work long enough to pay the rent & get their drugs. These children involved are going to be the next cycle if they don't get out from it. I feel terrible for them, I would take them and raise them if possible! And believe this! The local law enforcement doesn't give a flip about these folk's, BECAUSE they aren't upper-class in the community. People I'm sorry, but that's the cold hard facts. That so called city manager need's to FIRE the police officer involved in the recording! I believe that officer PROFILES his people before he decides if he want's to respond to a call for service. I believe he's in trouble!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Colorado City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What can you tell me about Shawn Adkins? (Jan '11) Sep 25 420ville 8,611
Keith Hiser, city councilman (Apr '12) Sep 6 Kim 26
Read Sep 4 Orlando gallegos 1
gay (Jan '11) May '16 Jgonzales 2
MCSO jailer (Mar '16) Mar '16 Concerned 1
Sue Noel Missing! (Dec '15) Feb '16 Phyllis 2
contribution and distribution for same year (Jan '16) Jan '16 mikesauer 1

Colorado City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance