Mom's boyfriend 'person of interest' in Texas case

Jan 12, 2011 Full story: Tri-cityherald.com 78

This undated handout photo provided by the Texas Department of Public Safety shows Halley Darlene Dunne.

Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
hey

Pittsburgh, PA

#1 Jan 13, 2011
He sure should be..and the mother as well..knew they were not getting along and let it go on so she is not blameless..

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#2 Jan 14, 2011
I watched her on tv last night. She is not "outraged" enough about her daughter missing. She seems to calm about it all.
My thoughts

Abilene, TX

#3 Jan 14, 2011
I didnít know there was a book on how to react when your child goes missing... How should she be reacting that would be good enough for everyone? How "outraged" should she get for people to believe that she truly cares about her little girl? What level of emotion should she show before people stop bashing her? And who's on here can tell me what her heart is feeling? Reality is that NONE OF US HAVE A CLUE HOW WE WOULD REACT IN HER SITUATION!!! I am a parent myself & We all can think we know how we would be given this horrific situation, but the fact is we have no idea! Iím not saying she is innocent here, or guilty... But I am saying that we shouldnít be so consumed with what we think is an appropriate level of emotion from the mom or dad and start concentrating on the FACTS of the case, which is the only thing that is going to find Hailey. Leave the Judging of emotion to God himself.
Freedom

United States

#4 Jan 14, 2011
Something very Odd about this entire case!
First of all , the mom is doing way too many interviews with Nancy Grace. And I imagine those will stop pretty soon, after she hires an attorney. As I think her and her boyfriend are gonna need one. Hobbies dont include Serial Killers news clippings
Kilroy

Elmer, OK

#5 Jan 14, 2011
I think the poor woman is trying to keep her wits about her to find her daughter.

Location hidden

#6 Jan 14, 2011
I never said she was guilty. BUT, she did fail the polygragh.....she showed deception when asked if she knew what happened to Hailey. That does not mean she had anything to do with it but just maybe she knows what happened to her daughter.

Then there is her story about going to the ATM. You do not pull money out to go to the store to buy food but never go to the store and actually buy it.

You do not walk out of an interview with the police when you are trying to find your child. I don't care how tired you are. Finding your child is much, much more important!!

Why is it that everyone else knew she was uncomfortable around mom's boyfriend but mom? This is just another story of mom choosing her man over her child.

It is time for her to be completely honest with the police about what has happened.
DeFens

Pittsburgh, PA

#7 Jan 14, 2011
DeFens

Pittsburgh, PA

#8 Jan 14, 2011
I am me-deal with it wrote:
I watched her on tv last night. She is not "outraged" enough about her daughter missing. She seems to calm about it all.
DeFens

Pittsburgh, PA

#9 Jan 14, 2011

on one of the videos included in this set shows SHAWn & FREINDS?FAMILY
at a sort of BUNKER? where is this bunker? FRUIT CELLER? STORM CELLER?

check it out she may still be alive but being held there?
Kilroy

Elmer, OK

#10 Jan 14, 2011
I never said she was guilty. BUT, she did fail the polygragh.....she showed deception when asked if she knew what happened to Hailey. That does not mean she had anything to do with it but just maybe she knows what happened to her daughter.
Then there is her story about going to the ATM. You do not pull money out to go to the store to buy food but never go to the store and actually buy it.
You do not walk out of an interview with the police when you are trying to find your child. I don't care how tired you are. Finding your child is much, much more important!!
Why is it that everyone else knew she was uncomfortable around mom's boyfriend but mom? This is just another story of mom choosing her man over her child.
It is time for her to be completely honest with the police about what has happened.
It really isn't anyone's business why she got money from the ATM. She didn't tell her mother because she knew her mother was happy and she didn't want to ruin her happiness. I know I was in the same boat many years ago.

Location hidden

#11 Jan 14, 2011
Kilroy wrote:
<quoted text>It really isn't anyone's business why she got money from the ATM. She didn't tell her mother because she knew her mother was happy and she didn't want to ruin her happiness. I know I was in the same boat many years ago.
It is the business of the police.
So you had a child to disappear and not tell your mother about it?
My thoughts

Abilene, TX

#12 Jan 14, 2011
DeFens wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =SKTgNB_3XccXX

I completely agree with you on all the above, My point was I really do not think her innocence or guilt can be determined by the her emotions that she shows or doesnít show on T.V.
DeFens

Pittsburgh, PA

#13 Jan 14, 2011
As far as TV interviews go:
many family that are involved in such cases and are on tv NG
usually at first act all innocent and become instant tv stars.
Granted, for a sad reason.
In doing so, they are focus of attention.
Shawn has no credible excuse for his sudden departure from work.
also: I had a feeling Haleigh was afraid of him,.
but hiding out , a runaway?
Not with him there...
in a YT video featuring him & his creepy pals, there is a fall out shelter/bunker that needs to be checked via
LE ....search warrant...
was she[ haleigh] ever there?is she there now???
DeFens

Pittsburgh, PA

#14 Jan 14, 2011
LE already waited 9 days to inspect the home???

Location hidden

#15 Jan 14, 2011
DeFens wrote:
LE already waited 9 days to inspect the home???
I do not agree withthe police waiting this long but because of her age, sge gets treated as a runaway first.
I do not think this is right. When a CHILD is missing, they should be treated as a kidnapping FIRST!!
DeFens

Pittsburgh, PA

#16 Jan 14, 2011
<quoted text>
I do not agree withthe police waiting this long but because of her age, sge gets treated as a runaway first.
I do not think this is right. When a CHILD is missing, they should be treated as a kidnapping FIRST!!
I am also wondering why the son DAVID has not said anything on tv?
what did he see going on there?
DeFens

Pittsburgh, PA

#17 Jan 14, 2011
what is The bio dad's girlfriend like?
and how was she to the daughter?
Kilroy

Crowell, TX

#18 Jan 14, 2011
<quoted text>
It is the business of the police.
So you had a child to disappear and not tell your mother about it?
My mother had a man she thought a lot of. I was happy for her. I never told her how many times he got fresh with me. I just tried to stay out of his way. I didn't want to hurt my mother. I was 15.

Location hidden

#19 Jan 17, 2011
Kilroy wrote:
<quoted text>My mother had a man she thought a lot of. I was happy for her. I never told her how many times he got fresh with me. I just tried to stay out of his way. I didn't want to hurt my mother. I was 15.
How can you expect your mother to protect you if you do not say anything? I am sorry but it makes it seem that you believed that your mother would not believe you. Just as I am sure Hailey thought her mother would not believe her.

I am really sorry this happened to you. No one deserves this.
twoCentsWorth

Pittsburgh, PA

#20 Jan 17, 2011
<quoted text>
How can you expect your mother to protect you if you do not say anything? I am sorry but it makes it seem that you believed that your mother would not believe you. Just as I am sure Hailey thought her mother would not believe her.
I am really sorry this happened to you. No one deserves this.
Thanks for sharing...
many many boys & girls are in that awful situation,and the parent defends the partner and disses the kids who end up as street urchins...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Colorado City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 3 hr That Fart Guy 22,555
New City Manager Garcia faced indictment in 200... Sep 13 Jesus 6
TX Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in T... (Oct '10) Sep 10 Gasman 728
All of us cousins in front of our house on Walnut Aug 28 Sherry 2
Is mitchell county in a oil boom or not Aug 21 I no 1
Purchase of Mitchell Co. Utilities by C-City Aug 19 Concered 1
What can you tell me about Shawn Adkins? (Jan '11) Jul '14 howhigh 8,624
•••
•••
Colorado City Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Colorado City Jobs

•••