First Prev
of 2
Next Last
NO2BOND

Abilene, TX

#21 Oct 25, 2012
C U Next Tuesday wrote:
"who is going to pay for all the water and sewer upgrades that will have to be done so a new school can be used? That will take lots more tax money either school district wide or city wide. You are not talking about a small amount that it will take to do these infrastructure changes either. It will be millions of dollars hitting our pocketbook again."
You really do not understand a constuction bond do you? That is all part of it.
No where in the bond proposal line item an amount of money that it will take to run sewer lines.

And if I seem to be missing where that is in this, please enlighten me... how much it is going to cost?

Is there already an agreement or contract between the City of Colorado City and the school to run all the proper sewer lines to sustain the proposed school?

Which part of extending the water lines is the City of Colorado City responsible to pay for?
NO2BOND

Abilene, TX

#22 Oct 25, 2012
C U Next Tuesday wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, just like they payed for the current schools. They were built with bonds too. When I was 17 I had more sense about how the world works then you do now. I have put a lot more years and miles behind me since those carefree days of youth. I have lived on 3 continents and in 6 different of these United States, retired,(did not like it) was rehired, and I am not slowing down any time soon.
You are old enough to be retired? wow. By your obvious low intelligence level, I would have NEVER guess that!

And tell me again how your life story about everywhere you have lived has absolutely anything to do with the subject at hand?
C U Next Tuesday

Sweetwater, TX

#23 Oct 25, 2012
Do you have the constuction plan in front of you? That is where you find that information not the bond. The bond gives you the not to exceed cost of the projects. The city does not take on any cost and will make a little money from fees from the school. Not much mind you as water and sewer fees are just about break even for the city.
Fed Up

Mobile, AL

#24 Oct 25, 2012
C U Next Tuesday any influence you might have had on winning others to your side was lost when you started demeaning other's who are posting. It is not where a person has lived, what job he/she has had, education level or how much material wealth a person has that gains respect. It is in his respectful treatment of others that he will gain respect for himself and stature in the eyes of those who hear him.
CC Grows

Abilene, TX

#25 Oct 26, 2012
Fed Up wrote:
C U Next Tuesday any influence you might have had on winning others to your side was lost when you started demeaning other's who are posting. It is not where a person has lived, what job he/she has had, education level or how much material wealth a person has that gains respect. It is in his respectful treatment of others that he will gain respect for himself and stature in the eyes of those who hear him.
Amen!
C U Next Tuesday

Sweetwater, TX

#26 Oct 26, 2012
CAVE people across the globe have the same things in common, lack of vision, an over valued sense of self, and very thin skin. I do feel bad for the youth of CCity and its school districts over tasked faculty if enough CAVE people show up at the polls.

Another thing that I have learned in life is that those who have done little with their lives are the ones who prattle on about respect they believe should be given and those that have achieved success in life accept the respect they have earned from their peers. To use the vernacular from the people I met doing volunteer work "Don't hate the player, hate the game."
NO2BOND

Abilene, TX

#27 Oct 26, 2012
C U Next Tuesday wrote:
CAVE people across the globe have the same things in common, lack of vision, an over valued sense of self, and very thin skin. I do feel bad for the youth of CCity and its school districts over tasked faculty if enough CAVE people show up at the polls.
Another thing that I have learned in life is that those who have done little with their lives are the ones who prattle on about respect they believe should be given and those that have achieved success in life accept the respect they have earned from their peers. To use the vernacular from the people I met doing volunteer work "Don't hate the player, hate the game."
Lack of vision? Really? Because I do not think that a new Indoor Multipurpose sports facility, new press box, New concession stand, 2 new busses & paying for the Astroturf that is already on the football field, ect… is necessary RIGHT NOW?
Lack of Vision? Because I want more than Un-necessary DEBT for my Children and Grandchildren?
Lack of Vision? Because our school cannot even pay the teachers what they are worth now? Yet those teachers are also going to pay higher taxes on their homes! So in reality… they are getting a pay cut?
As I stated before, I am not opposed to new schools!(ESPECIALLY for safety reasons) And if that was all we were asked to vote on, CISD would have NO PROBLEM passing this bond! Its People like you “C U NEXT TUESDAY” that have the thin skin, an overvalued sense of self, no vision and NO COMMON SENSE!
Since you are “retired age” let me guess… This bond will not affect your taxes, will it? It’s obviously do not have young children even in these schools you are voting for,well... I DO! YOU HAVE NO IDEA the struggles of a young family in this day and age. And I hope, with the “Don’t hate the player, Hate the game” point of view that you seem to have… That you did not reproduce. Ever. People like you, are the reason society is as trashy & disrespectful as it is.
NO2BOND

Abilene, TX

#28 Oct 26, 2012
C U Next Tuesday wrote:
Do you have the constuction plan in front of you? That is where you find that information not the bond. The bond gives you the not to exceed cost of the projects. The city does not take on any cost and will make a little money from fees from the school. Not much mind you as water and sewer fees are just about break even for the city.
DOES CISD AND THE CITY OF COLORADO CITY HAVE A SIGNED CONTRACT OR APPROVED PERMITS FOR THE WATER LINES AND INFRASTRUCTURE FOR THE NEW SCHOOL?
C U Next Tuesday

Sweetwater, TX

#29 Oct 26, 2012
Being able to retire financially and reaching Social Security retirement eligibility do not have to be the same thing. I managed to retire before I was 55. I stayed that way for two years before I got bored with it and went back to work. I still have some birthdays to put behind me before I can apply for my Social Security. I also managed to get two children through 4 years of college, one of which is now pursuing his second masters and paying for it on his own.
You and your ilk are very short sighted with regards to this bond as you cannot see past your own nose and are blinded to the benefits that your children and grandchildren will receive from these improvements. If those few fractions of a cent per $100 dollar valuation are going to break you then you are the one who needs to take a good hard look at your wants and needs. Time and again I have had coworkers, employees and friends fall short in their finances and without fail when we sat down together I was able to eliminate hundreds and sometimes thousands of dollars un-needed spending. From the small stuff like cigarettes to big things like self contained RVs.
Your School Board and your School staff have spent hundreds of hours on the process of bringing this bond to the ballot and they are tax payers too.(Most CAVE people forget that little tid-bit of information.) They have sat down with real facts and figures and not the random numbers and theories that are spouted off in the coffee shops, beauty shops, and backyard barbeques. Having been on a school board during a bond process I can tell you that it is no light undertaking and nothing about it is whimsical.
NO2BOND

Abilene, TX

#30 Oct 26, 2012
Even if I am the only one that voted NO, I am the one NO that cancelled out your YES.

C U NEXT TUESDAY, You have proven truth to Mark Twain's famous quote "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Please do not waste your time nor any of ours by replying to this.
C U Next Tuesday

Sweetwater, TX

#31 Oct 29, 2012
I have no vote to cast as I do not reside in the school district, I do own property in the school district however and may purchase more depending on the outcome of the election.

A strong school district with good amenities ads intrinsic value to city and encourages growth in both population and business.

To vote no on the bond is quite foolish.
No kids but still taxed

United States

#32 Oct 29, 2012
I do not have any children in the schools here. However, I will be "taxed" the same as everyone else when this passes. I personally don't mind paying those taxes for the betterment of our society. I have heard people talk about the "oil boom" and that we should wait on it. Do any of you realize that if this passes, the school won't be built in a day? Do you realize that it takes 9 months for a child to be born and then 5 to 6 more years before they begin school? Some of you want to hold off on building a new school right now, and you also will be the ones who are critical of the schools not being good enough. I think people need to evaluate the future a little bit.
scraggly

United States

#33 Oct 29, 2012
No kids but still taxed,,you're joking right, I'm laughing.
No kids but still taxed

United States

#34 Nov 2, 2012
No joking from me regarding this issue. Why would you be laughing at a heartfelt message?
C U Next Tuesday

Sweetwater, TX

#35 Nov 2, 2012
No kids but still taxed wrote:
No joking from me regarding this issue. Why would you be laughing at a heartfelt message?
Those with limited intellect and over valued sense of self worth find humor in the attempt to ridicule those not like them.
No kids but still taxed

United States

#36 Nov 2, 2012
I agree on that point CU. When people stop focusing on only theirselves and start to focus on society as a whole, things will get better. Until then, we will continue to see the decline of society. I have not tried to bash anyone on this topic, but I hear all kinds of negativity on it. The sad part is, the negativity is only hurting their cause even more. I, for one, am in support of progress. However it comes to us, I am open to it. Open your hearts and minds to ALL the benefits and not just look at it from your own porch. Surely your heart will lead you the right way! The children deserve it, and we deserve it!
scraggly

Abilene, TX

#37 Nov 2, 2012
No kids but still taxed wrote:
I agree on that point CU. When people stop focusing on only theirselves and start to focus on society as a whole, things will get better. Until then, we will continue to see the decline of society. I have not tried to bash anyone on this topic, but I hear all kinds of negativity on it. The sad part is, the negativity is only hurting their cause even more. I, for one, am in support of progress. However it comes to us, I am open to it. Open your hearts and minds to ALL the benefits and not just look at it from your own porch. Surely your heart will lead you the right way! The children deserve it, and we deserve it!
Building new schools is your answer to a better society,well you must be right,as Texas in the 90's built lots of them for inmates,did this work for society, how many come back to prison,a new building is the answer,NOT!!
No kids but still taxed

Midland, TX

#38 Nov 3, 2012
I never said only a new building was the key. I did state that we have to bite the bullet and reach for progress if we want progress. I can see that you are dead set against it and I can't change your mind. That isn't my goal. My goal is to not allow only one view on a subject to be the only view. You vote however you feel. I voted how I felt. I just ask every voter to evaluate their own and society's welfare in this important decision making time. Whatever is supposed to happen will.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Colorado City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Billie Jean Dunn (Apr '11) Aug 8 anon0285 34
What can you tell me about Shawn Adkins? (Jan '11) Aug 8 anon0285 8,611
car accident in sweetwater (Apr '07) Jul 28 Moya 6
Checking the Mitchell County water situation. Jun '17 salgal 2
News World's largest wind farm opens in West Texas (Oct '09) Apr '17 Solarman 25
News Prison guards investigated (Dec '06) Nov '16 FuckMalinka 11
Keith Hiser, city councilman (Apr '12) Sep '16 Kim 26

Colorado City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Colorado City Mortgages