Local benefits expected with new liqu...

Local benefits expected with new liquor law

There are 6 comments on the Sweetwater Reporter story from Nov 10, 2009, titled Local benefits expected with new liquor law. In it, Sweetwater Reporter reports that:

It only takes one person to speak up and get something started. The concept of the local election topic, of liquor by the drink, has been a topic for roughly 10 years.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sweetwater Reporter.

Ron-Texas

Rogers, TX

#1 Nov 24, 2009
Do any of you people 'actually' classify this as moving forward? I call it a step backwards. Just go back to riding horses and carrying six guns on your hip, and open Saloons! At least you or I did 'not' have to worry about getting run over by a drunk/alcoholic Cowboy on a horse. And if you/I did, just confront him, and have a real gun fight, and shoot him!!
hmmm

United States

#2 Jan 21, 2010
Ron-Texas wrote:
Do any of you people 'actually' classify this as moving forward? I call it a step backwards. Just go back to riding horses and carrying six guns on your hip, and open Saloons! At least you or I did 'not' have to worry about getting run over by a drunk/alcoholic Cowboy on a horse. And if you/I did, just confront him, and have a real gun fight, and shoot him!!
That's not you Birdy, is it?
Ron-Texas

United States

#3 Jan 21, 2010
hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not you Birdy, is it?
Sorry, I don't know who birdy is, but I still stick by my statement!
hmmm

United States

#4 Jan 22, 2010
Ron-Texas wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, I don't know who birdy is, but I still stick by my statement!
Sorry Ron, the statement you made was sound, it just sounded like something my brother would say and he also happens to be a Ron in Texas, lol...

G-d bless
Shalom
Ron-Texas

Belton, TX

#5 Jan 22, 2010
hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Ron, the statement you made was sound, it just sounded like something my brother would say and he also happens to be a Ron in Texas, lol...
G-d bless
Shalom
No problem, I was born/raised in Sweetwater, and have seen it both ways Dry and Wet, with Open Bars(40's), then voted out, then Boot-Leggers(50's), then Private Clubs-Package Liquor(70's), and now liquor-by-the drink(2009-10). And I used to drink a little(not much), and have had some close friends/kin-folks that were alcoholics(some dead), and some still alive, but killing themselves just the same. I'm lucky to not have picked up the disease/illness. And Ron is just a shortened nickname. I don't use my full name or am I registered just for privacy. Enjoy your Day just the same, and may GOD bless you and yours also! Pray for Peace! GOD bless Our Troops and America!!
OneateSeven

Albany, TX

#6 Jul 17, 2012
Well Ron-Texas, here it is two years later and DWI and underage drinking has not increased. What has increased is the amount of sales tax taken in for Sweetwater and Roscoe.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Colorado City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
gay (Jan '11) May '16 Jgonzales 2
What can you tell me about Shawn Adkins? (Jan '11) Apr '16 YOPD 8,610
MCSO jailer Mar '16 Concerned 1
Sue Noel Missing! (Dec '15) Feb '16 Phyllis 2
contribution and distribution for same year (Jan '16) Jan '16 mikesauer 1
News Hailey Dunn's mom not questioned since Texas ch... (May '13) Jul '15 EvilCantHide 14
News World's largest wind farm opens in West Texas (Oct '09) Apr '15 Timray 23

Colorado City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Colorado City Mortgages