2 charged in Ettrick killing

2 charged in Ettrick killing

There are 5 comments on the Progress-Index story from Oct 25, 2008, titled 2 charged in Ettrick killing. In it, Progress-Index reports that:

Two men were arrested in connection to last week's slaying in Ettrick. Scott D. Tyler and William E. Rives Jr.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Progress-Index.

Ashley Powell

Richmond, VA

#1 Jan 11, 2009
I am Ashley Powell and I was arrested with Scott Tyler...he is a good person and a great friend of mine and I believe in my heart that he did not commit such a crime. Me and my daughter know him well and he does not have it in his heart to do such a terrible thing. His reputation has been destroyed and things will never be the same in his life because of something that I know he did not do. No one knew him like I did and I pray for him everyday and my prayers go out to the victims family but the truth will come to the surface soon that Scott Tyler is innocent.

“Support Autism Awareness”

Since: Dec 08

Maryland

#2 Jan 12, 2009
If he didn't do it,I hope things worl out for both you and him.
WAKEUP

Saraland, AL

#3 Jan 30, 2009
They both did it, and they should rot in hell. You should really try checking out their records. Both have extensive criminal backrounds, and Tyler's is a lot worse.
Ashley Powell wrote:
I am Ashley Powell and I was arrested with Scott Tyler...he is a good person and a great friend of mine and I believe in my heart that he did not commit such a crime. Me and my daughter know him well and he does not have it in his heart to do such a terrible thing. His reputation has been destroyed and things will never be the same in his life because of something that I know he did not do. No one knew him like I did and I pray for him everyday and my prayers go out to the victims family but the truth will come to the surface soon that Scott Tyler is innocent.
Highschool friend

Tacoma, WA

#4 Apr 7, 2010
I grew up with them and have since moved away. They were both nice enough if you were in their circle but not ever someone I would want to be on the wrong side of. I hate to say it but I believe they did it. I want to believe them but I don't. Just the things that I know that they did when we were younger and have continued on with since, I believe it might not have been their intentions for things to escalate to that level. I hope the best for them and I hope the families get some resolution on both sides.
Think logically

Waterloo, Canada

#5 Oct 7, 2010
Just because someone has a criminal background doesn't make them a killer. I don't know how old you are but if you have children and they make mistakes and build a criminal record will you believe their killers also? I know many people that have been to jail at least once in their life including me and I don't see them walking around killing people! We're all Gods children and he will forgive them if they truly did commit the crime and you should not judge either one of them because of the wrong paths they chose in the past!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Colonial Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Citizens sound off at first meeting over changi... Jan '18 SJones 1
Stolen Wheel Caps? (Feb '17) Feb '17 Aries 1
News Petersburg hit with lawsuit over $1.2 million i... (Sep '16) Sep '16 True Judgement 1
News City of Petersburg has been partially paying fo... (Jul '16) Aug '16 True Judgement 2
News 87-year-old man builds ark in backyard (Jul '13) Feb '16 Silent Echo 4
News School Bus Accident in Dinwiddie County - Injur... (Dec '09) Feb '16 Told You So 32
kathy lee (Dec '15) Dec '15 Anonymous 1

Colonial Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Colonial Heights Mortgages