Charter change aims to clearly define...

Charter change aims to clearly define city attorney's role

There are 8 comments on the Progress-Index story from Nov 10, 2010, titled Charter change aims to clearly define city attorney's role. In it, Progress-Index reports that:

City Council agreed last night to a change in the City Charter, creating a more clear definition of the role of the city attorney.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Progress-Index.

Unreal

Hopewell, VA

#1 Nov 11, 2010
As I sat and watched the city council, nothing doesn't shock me anymore. They change charter, they change policy, they change decisions on if they like you or if they don't. This time Pelham was the only one that made sense. No you do not give the attorney powers to fire, Jackie where is your thinking at ? The city manager and attorney are working together in this and believe me there is a reason behind it ! The attorney's rule is to be the city attorney nothing more.
On the Inside

Hopewell, VA

#2 Nov 12, 2010
First a 16% pay raise for a job that is at best part-time. Why? The only thing he does is attend council meetings. All litigation is resourced out to outside law firms. That is the very reason it has cost city taxpayers $50,000.00 for a grievance that should have ended at the first stage. His job has always been to advise the City Manager and City Council, however, he doesn't appear to do that very well either in light of all the violations city council seem to commit. Now he gets to by pass the grievance procedure by having the right to hire and fire. Oh I forgot, there is no grievance procedure. That was voided at a cost of $50,000.00.
_ws_as

Chester, VA

#3 Nov 12, 2010
it cost way more than 50000 dollars the other grievance going on has already been through the courts and the employee won all the way through the steps now there is a lawsuit against the city the city manager and the chief of police it will probably cost the taxpayers a million dollars before its over
see it

Hopewell, VA

#4 Nov 14, 2010
Sheriff = city manager=chief of police= mike b=christina b.=g stokes=b pelham= d harless= when ellis moves in it will add up to chief deleted.
look out mr. chief who are really your friends ?
bystander

Midlothian, VA

#5 Nov 16, 2010
Just keep on letting the idiot City Manager run our city (not his) and just set back and watch what happens? He is in the driver's seat and calling all the shots!
Don't be fooled....

United States

#6 Nov 28, 2010
City manager is useless!
patriot

Harrisonburg, VA

#7 Nov 28, 2010
actually,the city manager is dangerous.
So True

Prince George, VA

#8 Nov 28, 2010
guest wrote:
City manager is useless!
He is useless and dangerous but the idiots and yes I do mean all of the City Council memebers allow this to go on. I have never in my life seen such abuse and neglect of power. Does anyone care about the true taxpayers anymore. The fact of the matter is that things will not change until this ENTIRE regime of people are fired and/or out of office!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Colonial Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
City council (Dec '15) 2 hr Suck it up 116
Anyone remember fortys hot dog chili (Aug '10) Mon Jlewis 13
Hottest girls list (May '13) Mon Jamie 17
West Virginia Flood Disaster! Sun Brian Canter 1
crute Jun 25 PEACE 1
Question to regular church goers in Hopewell Jun 18 Sally 1
Thriller Book Store (Aug '12) Jun 16 smoothie243 35
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Colonial Heights Mortgages