Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

Went to purchase a firearm from them on 11 October and they demanded that I put my home **and** work address in the "Current Residence Address" on the ATF 4473.

When I asked for clarification they claimed the "federal government" says the work address is mandatory. They refused to sell me a firearm unless I complied with their unlawful privacy violation.

I have purchased many firearms this year and I have never been asked to provide my work address. I know this to be unlawful and an invasion of privacy so I walked out.

I recommend you do not purchase a firearm from them and that you spread the word. They obviously have some agenda.
Doo

Hopewell, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Just called dance's they said that is untrue and they have never heard of such

“Two stones with one bird”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Doo wrote:
Just called dance's they said that is untrue and they have never heard of such
I knew it was BS as soon as I was asked. I asked the guy for clarification several times and made him aware that I knew that the information was not required and I pointed out in the 4473 directions that it mentions work address nowhere.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Call liberty and ask for "Wayne." He was the guy demanding that I put my work address on the 4473.
Doo

Hopewell, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

I'd contact the ATF see what they have to say about it might be in some sort of violation

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Doo wrote:
I'd contact the ATF see what they have to say about it might be in some sort of violation
I think I will.

I am pretty sure it is a privacy violation at a minimum and a federal violation at most considering it is a federal form.
Weird

Milpitas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

Contacted the ATF on this issue. See it as a breach of privacy as you do yourself. Will update when get response.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Weird wrote:
Contacted the ATF on this issue. See it as a breach of privacy as you do yourself. Will update when get response.
Thanks for that. I appreciate it. I just don't get why they think they are entitled to the information...

A little back story. I am a federal government official so the federales already know where I work... With that being said, I know they are doing something unlawful and I wanted to know if that was common around here.
Weird

Milpitas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

It's been few years since ive purchased a firearm but never ask anything about work. I had bad experience with them. Took gun up there sell one during hard time guy takes it in back then opens door and calls buddy in back room there back there for about 15 minutes then come out and its got a broken recoil spring which I never noticed was messed up before. So offer half of what originally quoted me. Found it strange guy didn't point it out before took it in the backroom for about 15 minutes. Needless to say never went back.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

While I was there, I saw them offer a guy $100 for a very nice 10/22. Not sure if the guy was pawning or selling, but it seemed like a low-ball offer.
Low

Hopewell, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

They do low ball. Could probably sit out in parking lot and get some hell of deals tell them you give them 50 more then liberty will

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Their prices are relatively cheap though. They were matching the cheapest gunbroker price on the Colt Commander I was trying to buy.
Low

Hopewell, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

bet they were going sell that 10/22 for more then 150 and offered 100 you said so if offered the guy 150 for it would have still gotten an amazing deal
Low

Hopewell, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Bet if tried selling them a colt commander would offer you half of lowest price then you come in and offer 50 more and got an amazing deal.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Who has the cheapest FFLs around here?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Dance's charges $60 for an FFL transfer.

That is the most expensive FFL fee I have ever heard of.
wow

Hopewell, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

just bought 2 guns from liberty last week 1 being Ak-47 did not need a work address for either I have delt with them for years and never heard of this and their FFl fee is 25.00 lowest around

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Judged:

wow wrote:
just bought 2 guns from liberty last week 1 being Ak-47 did not need a work address for either I have delt with them for years and never heard of this and their FFl fee is 25.00 lowest around
Dinwiddie Sporting Goods charges $25 as well.
wow

Hopewell, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

Judged:

Martyr Machine you left out something very important you are in the military(thank you for your service)the ATF states when you are in the military and live off post you have to show your work address on the form!! You also left out the fact that you had all of your papers in hand to prove everything but you would not comply with the ATF regulations for U.S. serviceman living off base. Personally I have bought at least 20 guns from Liberty in the last 2 years and never had a issue and their prices are the best around this area

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

wow wrote:
Martyr Machine you left out something very important you are in the military(thank you for your service)the ATF states when you are in the military and live off post you have to show your work address on the form!! You also left out the fact that you had all of your papers in hand to prove everything but you would not comply with the ATF regulations for U.S. serviceman living off base. Personally I have bought at least 20 guns from Liberty in the last 2 years and never had a issue and their prices are the best around this area
Yes, you are correct. That clarification is on the ATF 4473 on page 4.

I have never been asked to put both addresses on it before, and I have purchased many guns.

It appears that those other gun shops are not complying with the directions of the form.

I wish Wayne would have showed me that...

Sorry Liberty; it looks like you were correct and I was wrong.

Admins: please remove this thread...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Colonial Heights Discussions

Search the Colonial Heights Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Kenny Amos not licensed or insured - Poor workm... 36 min question 11
What happened to VN Vet? Miss the comments. Sat VN Vet 4
Why is Buddy Mitchell not a liar anymore??? Jul 26 Buddy Mitchell 2
Hotel Fun?? Jul 25 racerxguy 1
Kenny Amos not licensed or insured / poor workm... Jul 25 Buddy Mitchell 4
Kenny Amos not licensed or insured / Poor workm... Jul 24 Buddy Mitchell 1
Calico female Jul 23 Lena 6
•••
•••