Rabid Raccoons are posing risks for f...

Rabid Raccoons are posing risks for family pets - wtvr

There are 2 comments on the WTVR story from Aug 12, 2010, titled Rabid Raccoons are posing risks for family pets - wtvr. In it, WTVR reports that:

Many who work with animals every day say they are seeing and hearing about more and more family pets having run-ins with rabid animals, especially raccoons.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTVR.

Scott

Chesterfield, VA

#1 Aug 13, 2010
THis is not true,there was a study on this sometime ago,and an actual vet states alot of those shots are more harmful your pet,he also says most of them they dont need,he said the rabies vaccination will be good for 5 years,not one year as vets try to tell you,hek he says it says it right on the bottle,plain as day,so I don believe that,look it up on the net,type in does my pet really need shots,and u will see for yourself.......
Mechanicsviile Girl

Richmond, VA

#2 Aug 15, 2010
Each state decides by law how long they are going to make a rabies vaccine valid. In some states, such as Colorado, rabies vaccines are only valid for 2 years. Each vaccine company conducts studies to determine how long a rabies vaccine is effective in your pet and they create an average of their findings to give recommendations to the state. It is not your veterinarians decision to vaccinate or not vaccinate your pet for rabies OR how long the vaccine is valid. They don't arbitrarily decide how often to vaccinate your pet so they can scam you. The state tells your veterinarian how often they should vaccinate for rabies.
If the county you live in finds thant you have failed to vaccinate your pet, you will be fined and taken to court ad then you get to pay your fine and court costs. While over-vaccination is definitely harmful, so is being fined several hundred dollars for stupidity. Get your pets vaccinated.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Colonial Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hopewell Sheriff's Office Unprofessionalism (May '10) Feb 22 let it die 34
Stolen Wheel Caps? Feb '17 Aries 1
Night classes Feb '17 Bewildered bob 1
News Petersburg hit with lawsuit over $1.2 million i... (Sep '16) Sep '16 True Judgement 1
News City of Petersburg has been partially paying fo... (Jul '16) Aug '16 True Judgement 2
News 87-year-old man builds ark in backyard (Jul '13) Feb '16 Silent Echo 4
News School Bus Accident in Dinwiddie County - Injur... (Dec '09) Feb '16 Told You So 32

Colonial Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Colonial Heights Mortgages