Rabid Raccoons are posing risks for family pets - wtvr

Full story: WTVR

Many who work with animals every day say they are seeing and hearing about more and more family pets having run-ins with rabid animals, especially raccoons.
Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Aug 15, 2010
Scott

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2010

Judged:

THis is not true,there was a study on this sometime ago,and an actual vet states alot of those shots are more harmful your pet,he also says most of them they dont need,he said the rabies vaccination will be good for 5 years,not one year as vets try to tell you,hek he says it says it right on the bottle,plain as day,so I don believe that,look it up on the net,type in does my pet really need shots,and u will see for yourself.......
Mechanicsviile Girl

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2010

Each state decides by law how long they are going to make a rabies vaccine valid. In some states, such as Colorado, rabies vaccines are only valid for 2 years. Each vaccine company conducts studies to determine how long a rabies vaccine is effective in your pet and they create an average of their findings to give recommendations to the state. It is not your veterinarians decision to vaccinate or not vaccinate your pet for rabies OR how long the vaccine is valid. They don't arbitrarily decide how often to vaccinate your pet so they can scam you. The state tells your veterinarian how often they should vaccinate for rabies.
If the county you live in finds thant you have failed to vaccinate your pet, you will be fined and taken to court ad then you get to pay your fine and court costs. While over-vaccination is definitely harmful, so is being fined several hundred dollars for stupidity. Get your pets vaccinated.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Colonial Heights Discussions

Search the Colonial Heights Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Why is Buddy Mitchell not a liar anymore??? 16 hr Buddy Mitchell 5
What happened to VN Vet? Miss the comments. Jul 26 VN Vet 4
Hotel Fun?? Jul 25 racerxguy 1
Kenny Amos not licensed or insured / poor workm... Jul 25 Buddy Mitchell 4
Kenny Amos not licensed or insured / Poor workm... Jul 24 Buddy Mitchell 1
Calico female Jul 23 Lena 6
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Veterans, Question 2 (Oct '10) Jul 15 Billy Bob 2,548
•••
•••
•••
•••

Colonial Heights Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Colonial Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••